The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Learning while black.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/black-texas-teen-told-cut-his-dreadlocks-order-walk-graduation-n1120731

School dress code dictates that long hair on boys must not have below the ears in school, so this kid has worn his dreads tied up. Seems the school decided that wasn't good enough halfway through the school year and is now demanding he cut his hair shorter if he wants to graduate.

47 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Learning while black.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/black-texas-teen-told-cut-his-dreadlocks-order-walk-graduation-n1120731

School dress code dictates that long hair on boys must not have below the ears in school, so this kid has worn his dreads tied up. Seems the school decided that wasn't good enough halfway through the school year and is now demanding he cut his hair shorter if he wants to graduate.

The attack on black hairstyles is one of the most common ways black boys and girls are harassed by schools.

Respect to Texans star DeAndre Hopkins for speaking up in favor the young man.

Detroit man settles race discrimination lawsuit, has cops called on him when he tries to deposit the cheque at the bank.

Cashing your anti-discrimination cheque while black:

First, the Detroiter sued his employer alleging racial discrimination in a lawsuit that settled confidentially. Then he went to the bank this week to cash his settlement check, but the Livonia bank refused to cash or deposit his check. Instead, they called the cops and initiated a fraud investigation — actions that dumbfounded Thomas and his lawyer, triggering another lawsuit.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Learning while black.

As a disclaimer, I'm not equating the two but I was actually suspended for having long hair "past my ears" in high school when I briefly lived in Florida and attended school there. I dropped out of that piece of shit and went back up North shortly after gladly. 

Also, I try to only enter this thread once in a blue moon because it's so fucking depressing and mindboggling to read these stories in a back-to-back fashion on top of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-52309414

African community leaders in Guangzhou believe the vast majority of the city's African population have been forced into quarantine or are sleeping on the streets.

"Some are in hiding," said one community leader over an encrypted social media app.

Every African national tested

In early April, online rumours began to circulate that parts of the city where Africans live and trade were under lockdown after two Nigerians who had tested positive for the virus escaped. Chinese media reported that a Nigerian patient had attacked a Chinese nurse.

The health commission began widespread testing of African nationals.

The local authority says it has tested every African national in the city for the coronavirus. It found that 111 of the more than 4,500 Africans in Guangzhou tested positive.

"They just came with their ambulance and medical team and took us. All they said was that it was Chinese law and an order from the government," said Hao*, a businessman from Ivory Coast.