The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I have not made a distinction between the two so who is "you guys"? I said when you show up looking for trouble don't be surprised if you find it.

I know you didn’t make a distinction, that’s why I asked if it was your position that there is none. It’s a question of clarification. If you don’t want to engage in conversation you could just not reply. Won’t hurt my feelings.

4 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

He was being arrested at the scene for the open warrant he had for domestic violence and sexual assault. He probably also now has an assault of police officer and resisting arrest charge in his future given that he was fighting off police officers while he was being arrested.

4 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Openly carrying gun is a type of aggression.  

I agree. I think this is why regular beat cops shouldn’t be armed, it makes every interaction with the public a necessarily adversarial one.

8 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

I mean he definitely intended to confront people, and with a lethal weapon, its not like he was CCing walking his dog down the street or something.

That couple that pointed guns at BLM protestors walking by were invited to speak at the RNC. You don't travel to another state with a gun on hand and point them at protestors unless you're looking for trouble or fame, and that fame could little more than just Reddit fame.

I think he deserves being charged with manslaughter resulting from negligence (but not 1st degree murder) for two reasons:

• Using a gun to defend yourself from a beating is unnecessary escalation
  • From his social media and past behaviour (including travelling across state lines with a gun to the site of a protest) he provoked a reaction on purpose

EDIT - And the real issue here is while a strong argument can be made to defend both the police and the shooter...it's only ever made by police/prosecutors for white people and cops. Whenever something could go 50/50, it's always in favour of white people, and always against everyone else.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Okay there are like two people on this board who "literally" fantasize about guillotines and hanging and they sure as hell don't qualify as "most." And you're not arguing with either of them here. Lol.

DON'T FORGET ABOUT CRUCIFIXION!

And because I run this place, I inherently qualify as "most"!

• Haha 2

I haven’t found it yet in any articles and haven’t found the actual complaint, is there a breakdown of which charge is attached to which victim? The attempted homicide is easy, it’s the guy who got shot in the arm. 

White supremacists and militias have infiltrated police across US, report says (The Guardian)

White supremacist groups have infiltrated US law enforcement agencies in every region of the country over the last two decades, according to a new report about the ties between police and far-right vigilante groups.

In a timely new analysis, Michael German, a former FBI special agent who has written extensively on the ways that US law enforcement have failed to respond to far-right domestic terror threats, concludes that US law enforcement officials have been tied to racist militant activities in more than a dozen states since 2000, and hundreds of police officers have been caught posting racist and bigoted social media content.

The report notes that over the years, police links to militias and white supremacist groups have been uncovered in states including Alabama, California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Louisiana, Michigan, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Virginia, Washington and West Virginia.

• Shocked 1

18 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I haven’t found it yet in any articles and haven’t found the actual complaint, is there a breakdown of which charge is attached to which victim? The attempted homicide is easy, it’s the guy who got shot in the arm. 

I’m thinking maybe there were 2 counts of each the reckless and intentional homicides, lesser included charges and such.

33 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

Shocking... to absolutely NO ONE who hasn't had their head up their own asses for the past 100 or so years. The Feds have LONG regarded miltias and white supremacist groups as the number one domestic threat in the Country since the 70's. Crickets.  :|