The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

5 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

In a perfect world, at the start of the next game, just as the whistle blows, all of the players freeze, turn to the cameras, and take a knee, and just stay there until the broadcast goes dark.
I want this to happen so bad, if only to see the meltdowns on conservative media. :p 

This already happened (well not exactly) at the beginning of the restart season. All the NBA players knelt and then Hockey players on the ice weren't kneeling and standing during the national anthem and all these conservatives fell in love with the video and said "this is my sport I'm done with NBA!"

45 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

This already happened (well not exactly) at the beginning of the restart season. All the NBA players knelt and then Hockey players on the ice weren't kneeling and standing during the national anthem and all these conservatives fell in love with the video and said "this is my sport I'm done with NBA!"

No,  that’s not even close to what I’m describing. I’m saying I want them all to kneel when they’re supposed to be playing and refuse to stop until all the stations start airing something else. Like, the game is about to start, everyone is in position, and boom, they all kneel instead. The outrage would be 1000x greater than an anthem kneel :p 

41 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

No,  that’s not even close to what I’m describing. I’m saying I want them all to kneel when they’re supposed to be playing and refuse to stop until all the stations start airing something else. Like, the game is about to start, everyone is in position, and boom, they all kneel instead. The outrage would be 1000x greater than an anthem kneel :p 

(well not exactly)

Mixed race couple "de-Blacks" their house to gain $135,000 on house appraisal

merlin_175358394_da819689-1257-4ab4-b423

The Hortons live just minutes from the Ortega River, in a predominantly white neighborhood of 1950s homes that tend to sell for $350,000 to $550,000. They had expected their home to appraise for around $450,000, but the appraiser felt differently, assigning a value of $330,000. Ms. Horton, who is Black, immediately suspected discrimination.

The couple’s bank agreed that the value was off and ordered a second appraisal. But before the new appraiser could arrive, Ms. Horton, a lawyer, began an experiment: She took all family photos off the mantle. Instead, she hung up a series of oil paintings of Mr. Horton, who is white, and his grandparents that had been in storage. Books by Zora Neale Hurston and Toni Morrison were taken off the shelves, and holiday photo cards sent by friends were edited so that only those showing white families were left on display. On the day of the appraisal, Ms. Horton took the couple’s 6-year-old son on a shopping trip to Target, and left Mr. Horton alone at home to answer the door.

The new appraiser gave their home a value of $465,000 — a more than 40 percent increase from the first appraisal.

One of the many non-violent ways that black generational wealth is suppressed. 

• Shocked 1

43 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Mixed race couple "de-Blacks" their house to gain $135,000 on house appraisal

merlin_175358394_da819689-1257-4ab4-b423

One of the many non-violent ways that black generational wealth is suppressed. 

And guess what happens to that house when, much more likely than if, they require Medicaid to pay for long term care services? If you said "they must spend down their assets, subject to certain rules, before Medicaid will pay for these services" you'd be correct.

All that money you've been saving for your  family your whole life, gone, because you need round the clock care because you have Alzheimer's

A Kenosha Militia Facebook Event Asking Attendees To Bring Weapons Was Reported 455 Times. Moderators Said It Didn’t Violate Any Rules.

The event associated with the Kenosha Guard page, however, was flagged to Facebook at least 455 times after its creation, according to an internal report viewed by BuzzFeed News, and had been cleared by four moderators, all of whom deemed it “non-violating.” The page and event were eventually removed from the platform on Wednesday — several hours after the shooting.

• Guillotine 1