The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

30 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

What is the joke in how people will deny wrongdoing in the killing of this guy?

He doesn’t have COVID.
The joke was that they’ll claim he has COVID. You then stated the obvious in saying they’ll then blame COVID for his death... because that was literally the entire point of the sarcastic post about him having COVID.

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

*sigh*
The joke was that they’ll claim he has COVID. You then stated the obvious in saying they’ll then blame COVID for his death... because that was literally the entire point of the sarcastic post about him having COVID.

I guess that is a joke. Humor is certainly subjective.

4 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I guess that is a joke. Humor is certainly subjective.

Interesting that you don’t take offense to the sarcasm I quoted and was adding onto with “Also, COVID”.

The “joke” wasn’t about his wrongful death, it is in regards to how cops/blue lives matter idiots will try to spin it as not being the fault of the cops.

Just now, Spork3245 said:

Interesting that you don’t take offense to the sarcasm I quoted and was adding onto with “Also, COVID”.

I’d be more than happy to explain why in a PM

8 hours ago, Ricofoley said:

Jesus fucking Christ. They went to "surveil" him, and just started opening fire when he got into his vehicle and drove away from his home because they "believed he was armed."

This was a 100% gangland revenge murder. Of the multiple officers and agencies present, what do you want to bet that none had dashcams or bodycams on?

40 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

What could possibly have been an NYPD unmarked car drove through a crowd of protesters in Times Square last night. NYPD says it wasn't theirs, but it did have some equipment that they usually have (bullbar, headlamp):

Some people were hit and injured, though none seriously, it seems.

They have to specify that it's not the NYPD since the NYPD was the first to start ramming protestors with their cars.

The police report from the Jacob Blake shooting says that the woman who called 911 alleges that Blake sexually assaulted her by digital penetration prior to the arrival of the police. Once again, we can oppose racist policing without pretending this guy was a great person. Him being a good or bad guy is not relevant to whether police ought to be shooting people. 

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

The police report from the Jacob Blake shooting says that the woman who called 911 alleges that Blake sexually assaulted her by digital penetration prior to the arrival of the police. Once again, we can oppose racist policing without pretending this guy was a great person. Him being a good or bad guy is not relevant to whether police ought to be shooting people. 

I don't know about this.  A master debater once told me that if you think the person was not a good guy you are wising that he got shot, raped or something horrible and totes deserved it.

6 minutes ago, Chadatog said:

I don't know about this.  A master debater once told me that if you think the person was not a good guy you are wising that he got shot, raped or something horrible.

That is not at all what I said or suggested. What I did argue is that we shouldn’t downplay bad things (like sexual harassment) on people just because we dislike them. That take is perfectly consistent with this one which is that Jacob Blake being a bad guy, including likely sexually assaulting a woman for at least the second time on record in the immediate moments prior to police arriving, has no bearing on whether him being shot by the police was OK. What we shouldn’t do in the Jacob Blake case, or SHS for that matter, is to paper over the character of the person because of their victim hood in a separate scenario.

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

Hot take: cops aren’t supposed to kill guilty people either

Exactly.

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

That is not at all what I said or suggested. What I did argue is that we shouldn’t downplay bad things (like sexual harassment) on people just because we dislike them. That take is perfectly consistent with this one which is that Jacob Blake being a bad guy, including likely sexually assaulting a woman for at least the second time on record, has no bearing on whether him being shot by the police was OK. What we shouldn’t do in the Jacob Blake case, or SHS for that matter, is to paper over the character of the person because of their victim hood in a separate scenario.

Exactly.

If Jacob Blake made a career of claiming there was no such thing as systemic racism and BLM is just a bunch of attention whores to an audience of a hundred million across the country...

It's still a terrible thing, but how should we treat the people that voted for face eating leopards, got they're faces eaten, and swear they wouldn't change a thing?

15 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

That is not at all what I said or suggested. What I did argue is that we shouldn’t downplay bad things (like sexual harassment) on people just because we dislike them. That take is perfectly consistent with this one which is that Jacob Blake being a bad guy, including likely sexually assaulting a woman for at least the second time on record in the immediate moments prior to police arriving, has no bearing on whether him being shot by the police was OK. What we shouldn’t do in the Jacob Blake case, or SHS for that matter, is to paper over the character of the person because of their victim hood in a separate scenario.

allegedly

51 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

If Jacob Blake made a career of claiming there was no such thing as systemic racism and BLM is just a bunch of attention whores to an audience of a hundred million across the country...

It's still a terrible thing, but how should we treat the people that voted for face eating leopards, got they're faces eaten, and swear they wouldn't change a thing?

This isn’t the thread for that conversation, fyi. I only responded to the mischaracterization of what I said in regards to its relationship to this post.

41 minutes ago, Chadatog said:

allegedly

Even this notation doesn’t matter. The whole point is if Jacob Blake is a bad guy who sexually assaults women his treatment by police is not altered for the good or bad because of it. They are separate issues. It’s not bad for police to use excessive force or behave in a racist way because the victim is a good person, it’s bad without regard for the quality of person they victimize.