The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

51 minutes ago, Joe said:

I had no idea that minors were allowed to legally own guns in the US. Is it allowed in other (lol I know) first-world countries?

Canada's age regulations:

By law, a potential customer must be 18 years of age or older to purchase a firearm or legally maintain possession of one. People under the age of 18 but over the age of 12 may procure a minor's licence, which does not allow them to purchase a firearm but allows them to borrow a firearm unsupervised and purchase ammunition. Children under the age of 12 that are found to need a firearm to hunt or trap may also be awarded the minor's licence.

2 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

There’s no way this kid is going to be convicted of murder. None. 

he’s already hailed as a hero on most social media i see... it plays to the narrative of brave citizens stopping the movement to overthrow our country. I’m just waiting for Trump to light the fuse snd send other “true patriots” hunting

the police chief already spoke of the incident blaming folks for violating curfew and speaking of the shootings using language used for cop shootings... self defense incident, fire arm discharge etc

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/27/us/kyle-rittenhouse-kenosha-shooting-video.html

It seems that in confusion, looks like after some gunfire people might have tried to disarm him, thinking he was the shooter, then he kills the first person, shot to the head. He runs away, falls, shoots another and kills one more.

This is why having guns at these protests are a bad idea.

9 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/27/us/kyle-rittenhouse-kenosha-shooting-video.html

It seems that in confusion, looks like after some gunfire people might have tried to disarm him, thinking he was the shooter, then he kills the first person, shot to the head. He runs away, falls, shoots another and kills one more.

This is why having guns at these protests are a bad idea.

So I think if you are legitimately protecting a business or a home during a riot, it's acceptable to carry a gun.  You should stay on that property though.  If you are out in the street, you'll just cause problems and further conflict. 

2 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

So I think if you are legitimately protecting a business or a home during a riot, it's acceptable to carry a gun.  You should stay on that property though.  If you are out in the street, you'll just cause problems and further conflict. 

If you don’t own the business, take your “my dick is big, I swear” boy toy and go the fuck home.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

What happened with this kid is not some kind of tragic accident, it is the outspoken goal of anyone unaffiliated with law enforcement that shows up armed with a gun. The only reason he’s likely not going to be convicted of murder is because of the garbage ass cowardly American notion that the slightest threat of violence directed at someone or their property justifies a lethal fucking response in return. 

This motherfucker IS the responsible gun owner, the good guy with a gun, the concerned citizen, the well regulated militia. Look upon your works, ye second amendment mighty, and fucking despair. Or based on a non trivial amount of takes out there, rejoice. 

37 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

So you believe that the physical property being kept pristine is worth the loss of at least one human life? Because if you are okay with using a gun to deter people from looting, then you are accepting the use of the gun to kill people that loot.

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

So you believe that the physical property being kept pristine is worth the loss of at least one human life? Because if you are okay with using a gun to deter people from looting, then you are accepting the use of the gun to kill people that loot.

If people are willing to loot, they are willing to lose their lives doing so.  They don't get a free fucking pass.  

• Guillotine 2

Killing a person over stuff is an act of evil.

I don’t think this kid did that though. It seems as though he was being attacked by the first guy he shot, and then was being beaten by another man with a skateboard when he shot him, and then was approached by a third man with a handgun who he shot in the arm.

But maybe that’s why we shouldn’t live in a country full of guns? Would this kid be out there “protecting” the business if he didn’t have a gun? Seems rather unlikely.

10 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I don’t think this kid did that though. It seems as though he was being attacked by the first guy he shot, and then was being beaten by another man with a skateboard when he shot him, and then was approached by a third man with a handgun who he shot in the arm.

But maybe that’s why we shouldn’t live in a country full of guns? Would this kid be out there “protecting” the business if he didn’t have a gun? Seems rather unlikely.

As loathe as I am to reference South Park about anything, this dick’s defense is going to be “he was coming right at me,” which will work because it’s literally true and the only justification needed to get someone off a murder charge. 

This is what I don’t don’t get about open or concealed carry. Every time you leave your house armed you’re saying, “I’m prepared to kill someone today.” That’s fucking demented. You wanna hunt, fine, you want a gun in your home for protection, I think it’s fucking stupid but whatever. But if you’re leaving your home with a gun to do anything other than hunt I don’t think you’re mentally stable enough to own a gun because if your thought process is, “I might need to kill someone during this Target run,” and then you decide to fucking go anyway, you’re certifiable. 

30 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Stealing and vandalizing property is worth the death penalty?

Without trial, no less!

9 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

And driving across the country to protect it with his gun, too...

25 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

If kid hadn't shown up armed in town from a different state to "protect businesses", would 2 people still be alive? 

Yes. 

3 minutes ago, CayceG said:

If kid hadn't shown up armed in town from a different state to "protect businesses", would 2 people still be alive? 

Yes. 

I agree with you.

But I still think that if you are willing to loot and burn down buildings, you also accepting the potential that you may be killed doing so.  

1 minute ago, mclumber1 said:

I agree with you.

But I still think that if you are willing to loot and burn down buildings, you also accepting the potential that you may be killed doing so.  

What is and what should be are very different things.

This is what many gun owners fantasize about. Go into the comments on any story about this stuff, and you will always (100% of the time) get dozens of variants of this exact post...

"I'd like to see these animals try this in my neighborhood. It would go very differently here... they would find out really fast that real Americans know how to defend themselves."

They all just want to kill people with their guns. It's all they dream about. It comes from some sort of truly demented place.

Fuck guns, but most of all, fuck gun nut psychos. I fucking hate those people, they're all exactly the same and they all fucking suck ass.

This sorry ass piece of shit kid was looking for trouble because he's been brainwashed by the NRA and his right wing talking head propaganda masters. Blood isn't just on his hands, it's on the entire gun industry.

The Tucker Carlsons and Hannitys of the world have this blood on their hands too. But they love this. They love the violence and chaos and you know they are loving every second of this class was going on now. Because they are truly evil people with dark souls that love nothing but money and power.

15 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Lakers and Clippers have exited the NBA season after their players decided to strike. Entire league may be forced to shutdown now as discontent is growing. Lebron James led the walkout.

Got a link? Nothing on any of the major sports outlets, nothing from the top NBA journos on twitter either.