The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

So how can anyone NOT percieve what's happening in the country right now between COVID 19 and the social unrest which is turning increasingly violent as anything BUT a failure in leadership from the top down? We had outbreaks and police shootings under Obama and it NEVER got this bad because we didn't have an absentee comander inchief who behaves as if he is still an ourisder looking in with no responisbility as to what is going on. Fuck him and his supporters.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So how can anyone NOT percieve what's happening in the country right now between COVID 19 and the social unrest which is turning increasingly violent as anything BUT a failure in leadership from the top down? We had outbreaks and police shootings under Obama and it NEVER got this bad because we didn't have an absentee comander inchief who behaves as if he is still an ourisder looking in with no responisbility as to what is going on. Fuck him and his supporters.

I'd say that it's even worse than being absentee. He's giving tacit support to the militias loyal to his regime and that feeds it. When it gets bad enough, he disengages and assumes no responsibility. Then the next rally he has is more dog whistling. And I'm sure the Sunday shows today will feature more justification for the violent actions of the militias. 

And even worse, if Biden is indeed elected, and if the transition of power does occur (lots of big ifs at this point), Joe Biden is NOT equipped to fix this shit and calm things down. 

2 minutes ago, CayceG said:

I'd say that it's even worse than being absentee. He's giving tacit support to the militias loyal to his regime and that feeds it. When it gets bad enough, he disengages and assumes no responsibility. Then the next rally he has is more dog whistling. And I'm sure the Sunday shows today will feature more justification for the violent actions of the militias. 

And even worse, if Biden is indeed elected, and if the transition of power does occur (lots of big ifs at this point), Joe Biden is NOT equipped to fix this shit and calm things down. 

Not two minutes after I post this...

• Guillotine 2

2 minutes ago, CayceG said:

Oh absolutely, Biden would be walking into literal bare cupboards and spray painted walls telling him to fuck himself.

Seriously, I’m trying to imagine the transition ceremony between him and Trump and I can’t even see it.

15 minutes ago, CayceG said:

Not two minutes after I post this...

I watched that live. She pressed him hard and he refused to answer. Same with the Fema manager on the same show. The cowardice these guys show in the face of Trump shows that this country could EASILY fall into a fascist dictatorship if someone even marginally smarter than Trump came into power. 

5 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Trump has pretty much made explicit at this point that anything that happens in a "Democrat city" or a "Democrat state" where he doesn't have majority support is not actually his responsibility. You can also see this in his comments on the California wildfires where he just rambles about how they should've raked the forest or whatever and threatens to withhold any federal aid from them in the future. But he also makes clear that the rioters in Democratic cities are planning on invading the beautiful suburbs, so that gives the pro-Trump militias tacit approval to basically invade downtown areas like we saw last night because it's sort of a preemptive strike.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

Trump has pretty much made explicit at this point that anything that happens in a "Democrat city" or a "Democrat state" where he doesn't have majority support is not actually his responsibility. You can also see this in his comments on the California wildfires where he just rambles about how they should've raked the forest or whatever and threatens to withhold any federal aid from them in the future. But he also makes clear that the rioters in Democratic cities are planning on invading the beautiful suburbs, so that gives the pro-Trump militias tacit approval to basically invade downtown areas like we saw last night because it's sort of a preemptive strike.

And he also praises those in trucks going through Portland. It's not absenteeism, that would be an improvement, it's active encouragement

4 hours ago, MarSolo said:

Seriously, I’m trying to imagine the transition ceremony between him and Trump and I can’t even see it.

The odds are heavily against Trump even going to the inauguration if Biden wins.

5 minutes ago, SilentWorld said:

Who is he?

Frank Luntz. Conservative pollster. He's the guy who was a media darling on Fox News for years and years through Bush and on into Obama that was skilled at asking questions a certain way to get a specific answer. He did a bunch of live town hall style polls too that were always bullshit. His polls and analysis moved the needle a lot.

I watched it on a plane at the end of a long trip, so maybe I hallucinated this, but I believe they show a Frank Luntz focus group in Vice at one point. He's testing out of one of the Bush-era euphemistic phrases. I think it might have been "enhanced interrogation" in place of torture.

14 minutes ago, SilentWorld said:

Who is he?

9 minutes ago, CayceG said:

Frank Luntz. Conservative pollster. He's the guy who was a media darling on Fox News for years and years through Bush and on into Obama that was skilled at asking questions a certain way to get a specific answer. He did a bunch of live town hall style polls too that were always bullshit. His polls and analysis moved the needle a lot.

"What if we did bad faith... scientifically?"

1 hour ago, Ricofoley said:

I watched it on a plane at the end of a long trip, so maybe I hallucinated this, but I believe they show a Frank Luntz focus group in Vice at one point. He's testing out of one of the Bush-era euphemistic phrases. I think it might have been "enhanced interrogation" in place of torture.

There was a bit on The Daily Show and/or Colbert Report where they showed Luntz doing stuff like this.
Might be this:

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/yv88qv/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-the-gop-whisperer

EDIT: that’s not the one I was thinking of, but it still shows who and what Luntz is. You can skip to 2:00 and watch from there

34 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Damn... and I like the whole ANTIFA angle too :|. No mention of the TWO people shot by one of his supporters earlier this week though.

Why, you see, the deaths of the two antifa Marxist blmers was a proud Patriot, who loved our country and vets, had to defend himself with lethal force after being hit by a Molotov cocktail/soda can/water bottle. This murder in Portland was also a proud Patriot gunned down by antifa Marxists while peacefully exercising his rights!