Dark Phoenix reviews are OUT, and they are FANTASTIC

at pointing out how bad the film is.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/dark_phoenix/

20% tomatometer

4.57 average rating

Some choice quotes:

"When you watch this new movie and actually miss the gaudy theatrics of X-Men: The Last Stand because it at least tried, that's a very surprising and telling thing."

"Dark Phoenix sends the X-Men out not with a bang, but with a roll of the eyes and a somewhat exasperated sigh."

"The film is an all-too-fitting whimper of a conclusion to a franchise that never remotely fulfilled its potential."

"What's truly amazing about "Dark Phoenix" is watching the charismatic, award-winning, star-packed cast flail about in this poorly written nonsense cartoon."

"When your superhero movie hinges on a finale set on a train, you kind of know you're doomed."

"Dark Phoenix simply sits there, patiently killing... time, with the hope that spectacle and an ensemble cast is enough to carry the load of its dreadfully thin script."

"Despite the promise of a fiery conclusion Dark Phoenix instead fizzles out with no gas left in the tank."

"'Nobody cares anymore' exclaims Fassbender at one point. It's as if he can read my mind."

"At least Turner's trying, which can't be said for some of the other members of the cast. Jennifer Lawrence is all but checking her watch during her scenes as Mystique."

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Firewithin said:

amazing they fucked up this story not once but twice.

At least Marvel will do it right eventually........in like another 10 years

The guy who co-wrote X-Men: The Last Stand wrote and directed this in his attempt to course-correct what he fucked up the first time. But it's Simon Kinberg, we all knew this was inevitable.

54 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

I hope no one does anything Phoenix related ever again. I hope they just don't include Jean grey and mystique in any future stories 

3 hours ago, Firewithin said:

I know they won't because they won't want X-Men overall to be R-rated, but they should really just give Ryan Reynolds full control of the X-Men stuff.

• Guillotine 1

1 hour ago, Hurdyb1 said:

I'm looking forward to it with tapered expectations.

I think you mean tempered expectations, not tapered. :p 

50 minutes ago, Joestradamus said:

I love Broken Arrow.

Another vote for Broken Arrow. John Woo doing good John Woo, it's a dumb but very fun and entertaining 90's action movie with some flair. 

5 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

"When your superhero movie hinges on a finale set on a train, you kind of know you're doomed."

Mission Impossible 1 was pretty good. It wasn't really a superhero film, but still.

It seems that Dark Phoenix will come in comfortably below my already non-existent expectations. I'll still probably see it thanks to A-list.

2 hours ago, Joestradamus said:

I love Broken Arrow.

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

Another vote for Broken Arrow. John Woo doing good John Woo, it's a dumb but very fun and entertaining 90's action movie with some flair. 

Like the movie all you like, I love plenty of horrible movies... doesn't mean it's not a shitacular movie. I would actually put it at the very bottom of Woo's movies. I'd watch M:I2 a thousand times over before ever subjecting myself to Broken Arrow again. 

The real question is, which came first--the Broken Arrow theme... or Deputy Dewey's theme?

3 hours ago, Emblazon said:

Like the movie all you like, I love plenty of horrible movies... doesn't mean it's not a shitacular movie. I would actually put it at the very bottom of Woo's movies. I'd watch M:I2 a thousand times over before ever subjecting myself to Broken Arrow again. 

The real question is, which came first--the Broken Arrow theme... or Deputy Dewey's theme?

But I agree with you. It's not a great movie by any objective measure, and Woo's Hong Kong films (and M:I 2) are better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

No. We’ve all had enough Ryan Reynolds to last a lifetime.

Deadpool finally won him the cred he always deserved, and after two great Deadpool films and somehow making Detective Pikachu work (the voice/character, not the film overall), we are tired of him? That was fast. :p 

14 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Deadpool finally won him the cred he always deserved, and after two great Deadpool films and somehow making Detective Pikachu work (the voice/character, not the film overall), we are tired of him? That was fast. :p 

I mean he's been around a lot longer than that. Are we only counting the good movies hes been in?

7 hours ago, johnny said:

I was with Ryan Reynolds since Van Wilder 

I liked Van Wilder. And I liked Van Wilder’s Deadpool. And Van Wilder’s Deadpool 2. And Van Wilder’s Pokémon. I just don’t think Van Wilder’s X-Men is what the franchise in general needs. 

• Haha 1