Final Fantasy VII Remake OT - Big Trouble in Little Midgar

SaysWho?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I still want to know how much of this first episode will be the main campaign, and how much will be Cloud throwing darts and shit. 10 hours of campaign, and 40 hours of dart throwing? 40 hours of campaign and 10 hours of dart throwing?

I look forward to this, and the fact Square Enix doesn't seem to be (internally) working on anything else for years now is super strange, meaning they must have all hands on deck for this thing, which I take as a good sign. They have multiple internal studios and beyond mobile games and the Crystal Chronicles remaster, this is ALL that has been on the horizon for awhile now (outside of the recent SaGa games that were released last fall). It's almost bizarre.

I just can't fathom them being able to end it on a satisfying note. The end of Midgar was a fight against a fucking battle bot. You'd better be able to carry your save data over, too. I wonder... do they even include the battle bot fight? I feel like a much more appropriate ending would be taking on the Shinra President, then doing the motorcycle segment with no boss fight as the credits roll. Still nowhere near the wild concept of having the entire story you're telling in one package, but at least less of a wet fart. Seriously, that boss was dumb.

I played it and beat it. The gameplay is fine, but I would have preferred turn based. Like, based off of the demo and the fact that it isn't a finished product, I wish we would have just gotten a 1:1 remake. but with the new graphics. I mean, I have always wanted that but never to the extent that I do now. Part of me wants to cave and just get the game, but the demo of further increases that feeling of the gaming lacking content. Like, you won't even be able to get all the party members which feels wrong to me. I know the game is only going to be taking place in midgar but I didn't know how lame that really was until playing the demo. I can't recall the last boss before entering the world map, but assuming it will be the same, is it good enough to really be the finale? I know the bike part is near the end and that was always hype, but my gut is unsettled. 

What the demo does do is reaffirm that Barret is the best character in the game. Also, what is REALLY FUCKING BULLSHIT is that Cloud doesn't start out with Lightning and Ice magic, but FUCKING FIRE.

17 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I can't recall the last boss before entering the world map, but assuming it will be the same, is it good enough to really be the finale? I know the bike part is near the end and that was always hype, but my gut is unsettled. 

motor-ball-bolt-678x381.png

tbh, even though the boss after the bike chase is Motor Ball, the bike chase + this boss fight were honestly damn awesome. The boss fight is a lot of fun and challenging, so it's not Jenova as far as character importance, but... I don't see the issue. Good boss fight and a cool bike chase.

On 2/14/2020 at 11:38 AM, Xbob42 said:

I just can't fathom them being able to end it on a satisfying note. The end of Midgar was a fight against a fucking battle bot. You'd better be able to carry your save data over, too. I wonder... do they even include the battle bot fight? I feel like a much more appropriate ending would be taking on the Shinra President, then doing the motorcycle segment with no boss fight as the credits roll. Still nowhere near the wild concept of having the entire story you're telling in one package, but at least less of a wet fart. Seriously, that boss was dumb.

I think they’ll for sure end it at Shinra. Maybe some kind of even after credits post-game sequence or something for the motorcycle stuff, but honestly just a cutscene would be better rather than the fight. 

I’ve been gaining more confidence in the game recently. It seems like even though it is gonna be episodes that they’re really fleshing it out. I think the moment of truth for me will be when they announce the next one and all the details about progression between episodes. 

1 hour ago, Paperclyp said:

I think they’ll for sure end it at Shinra. Maybe some kind of even after credits post-game sequence or something for the motorcycle stuff, but honestly just a cutscene would be better rather than the fight. 

I’ve been gaining more confidence in the game recently. It seems like even though it is gonna be episodes that they’re really fleshing it out. I think the moment of truth for me will be when they announce the next one and all the details about progression between episodes. 

Spoiler alert: We'll never hear about the next episode and we'll get a second "remake" in like 20 years that "will start again and finish what we didn't before" or something.

Just now, Xbob42 said:

Spoiler alert: We'll never hear about the next episode and we'll get a second "remake" in like 20 years that "will start again and finish what we didn't before" or something.

I look forward to Final Fantasy VII(th) remake! :sun: