Final Fantasy VII Remake OT - Big Trouble in Little Midgar

SaysWho?

Length alone is not a great reason to buy a game. Rather play a 10/10 6 hour game than a 100 hour game that is nothing but Xenoblade Side quests. It also depends on the type of game. Like, FF7 is an JRPG. It isn't a 20 hour game. You don't get RPG's because they short tight games. 

2 hours ago, Bacon said:

Length alone is not a great reason to buy a game. Rather play a 10/10 6 hour game than a 100 hour game that is nothing but Xenoblade Side quests. It also depends on the type of game. Like, FF7 is an JRPG. It isn't a 20 hour game. You don't get RPG's because they short tight games. 

That makes no sense. I don't give a shit about genre. If it's 20 hours of good game, what difference does it make what genre it is? Good is good, and there's every potential chance that "episode I" is good. But by all means, miss the game because of some weird principle if you want.

I mean, it’s not really a stretch to think people would be upset at one of the most iconic games of all time getting only a partial remake. Square is pretty much a shit show with their big AAA releases. At least they haven’t ruined Dragon Quest yet. 

You can still enjoy the game, though. Just releasing only part of if, especially after so many years of development is kind of a joke. 

Instead of thinking about it in terms of hour counts, think about it in terms of completeness. Why buy an incomplete product? The story of FF7 has been told, we know it, why buy it again in sad little chunks? 

Unless you also buy your meals, movies, books and cars in chunks, in which case you may be a lunatic, it's just no good for anybody. If the game is good, it stands to reason that you should want the entire fucking thing. There is nothing difficult about this concept. Why do gamers make the most stupid logic up to explain to others and themselves why being a legitimately terrible consumer is totally a good thing? Dude literally said he'd buy the first 1/3rd of the Witcher 3, a game released fully complete for $60, for the same price. Some people take some real serious pride in being fuckwits.

7 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Erm, he already said he wouldn’t. 

I know, I’m being stupid. 

4 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Instead of thinking about it in terms of hour counts, think about it in terms of completeness. Why buy an incomplete product? The story of FF7 has been told, we know it, why buy it again in sad little chunks? 

Unless you also buy your meals, movies, books and cars in chunks, in which case you may be a lunatic, it's just no good for anybody. If the game is good, it stands to reason that you should want the entire fucking thing. There is nothing difficult about this concept. Why do gamers make the most stupid logic up to explain to others and themselves why being a legitimately terrible consumer is totally a good thing? Dude literally said he'd buy the first 1/3rd of the Witcher 3, a game released fully complete for $60, for the same price. Some people take some real serious pride in being fuckwits.

I understand why people wouldn’t want to buy what they don’t consider a “full” product, but I think some of you are being a little obtuse about it. 

You yourself are a big proponent of not worrying about finishing games, only play them if you enjoy it, and if you don’t end up “completing” it, no big deal - in fact - it’s silly to push through and continue something you don’t enjoy. But at the same time it’s not a BAD thing to buy a game, enjoy part of it, but not finish it. 

Let me say this as well: my gut says this game probably WON’T justify a $60 tag for me personally. But there’s a world where it could. If a piece of media is expanded upon and updated sufficiently, I don’t see some inherent problem with releasing it piece meal and charging more that the original thing. I don’t buy the idea that “we know what happens,” as like proof that anyone that buys a thing is a sucker. 

I “knew what happens” in the final Harry Potter book, which was split up into two movies, and I still went to and paid for both films. I did gladly. And I can see how some might think that’s me being a sucker, but as a fan of the original content and a disposable income that allowed for it, I don’t see the big deal. Again, if you don’t feel the same and wanted to wait for them both to come out and go on sale or whatever, I have no issue with that. I guess what I have an issue with is people saying that there’s something “wrong” with being excited and being cool with paying $60 for this game, or part of game or whatever. 

6 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Oh boy, wait until you learn about TV shows!

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

Would you buy The Witcher 3 part 1 for $60 if the first pat was only in the first town and you had to wait 4 years to see the rest of the game?

Literally just the first town as it is? No. I also don't think that's comparable to what FFVII Remake Part 1 is going to be. If it is, then I'll change my opinion.

6 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Unless you also buy your meals, movies, books and cars in chunks, in which case you may be a lunatic

This has been my point the entire time. I don't care how long it is. I care that it isn't a complete game when it already was. If the witcher 3 was remade in 20+ years and all it contained was Velen I'd be super pissed. 

1 hour ago, legend said:

Oh boy, wait until you learn about TV shows!

I actually don't like TV shows. I have already stated that I hate that The Mandalorian is coming out weekly instead of just all at once. If it wasn't for spoilers being fucking everywhere I go I would have waited. I don't have this issue with FF7 because I already know how it all ends. Ain't much to spoil. TV shows are also different in that each episode can be it's own contained story. Most aren't like that, but you could easily watch any random episode of MASH, Married With Children, The Simpsons, or Futurama and not be lost. It is also a lot easier to accept something piece by piece when it was never served whole like GOT or Breaking Bad. Telltale Games' games were episodic but I always have thought that was stupid, and the only game of theirs I ever bought was bought when all of the EPs were out. 

46 minutes ago, Bacon said:

This has been my point the entire time. I don't care how long it is. I care that it isn't a complete game when it already was. If the witcher 3 was remade in 20+ years and all it contained was Velen I'd be super pissed. 

You guys’s premise relies way too much on what we don’t know. 

1 minute ago, Paperclyp said:

You guys’s premise relies way too much on what we don’t know. 

Uh, I know the game won't be the full game. I don't get what else I need to know. It having more or less content than I expect doesn't matter as it isn't complete. 

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Uh, I know the game won't be the full game. I don't get what else I need to know. It having more or less content than I expect doesn't matter as it isn't complete. 

If you feel that way, that’s fine. But others aren’t stupid for waiting to see what the actual product is going to consist of. 

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

It shouldn’t be that hard to remake a 30-40 hour RPG from two decades ago all in one go. Let’s stop pretending this isn’t stupid of Square. 

This is just so boldly stated as if there isn’t a lot more to it than that. 

Let’s see what the game actually is. 

Like I know you guys aren’t that obtuse, so are you just trolling people? 

2 minutes ago, Bacon said:

People aren't waiting tho. They are already buying and pre-ordering it. 

I find preordering any game a bit wreckless. Hell, people in this thread who are arguing against this have spent untold amounts of money on an unreleased space game with no end of development in sight. 

I’m having trouble taking what some are saying at face value.

so are you just trolling people? 

Are you fucking trolling? What do you even fucking mean "Let's see what the game actually is." It is supposed to be a remake of FF7 and it isn't 

10 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Are you fucking trolling? What do you even fucking mean "Let's see what the game actually is." It is supposed to be a remake of FF7 and it isn't 

I’m not going to keep going in circles with you my man. I get that’s how you feel, but maybe you don’t need to keep ducking into this thread to tell people you think the idea is stupid and that you’re not going to buy it? 

Just now, Paperclyp said:

I’m not going to keep going in circles with you my man. I get that’s how you feel, but maybe you don’t need to keep ducking into this thread to tell people you think the idea is stupid and that you’re not going to buy it? 

If people are going to keep saying they are fine with it then I am going to keep coming back and say some shit. I don't like it and no one else should like it. No one should be fine with this. This is no worse than shit like PW2, Lootboxes, and Microtransactions in my eyes. It is just something that should not be tolerated and yet it is and I would hate to see it spread to other games. 

17 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

This is just so boldly stated as if there isn’t a lot more to it than that. 

Like I know you guys aren’t that obtuse, so are you just trolling people? 

Honestly, I feel that way about some of you. 

It’s an incomplete remake of a 20 year old game. This shouldn’t be that hard. We see remakes all the time and this is the only one I know to do this. I don’t know what you think I’m being obtuse about. 

8 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Honestly, I feel that way about some of you. 

It’s an incomplete remake of a 20 year old game. This shouldn’t be that hard. We see remakes all the time and this is the only one I know to do this. I don’t know what you think I’m being obtuse about. 

Will you not go to a Harry Potter movie because it’s not the complete movie?