~*Colin Trevorrow's Star Wars: Episode IX - Duel of the Fates OT*~

Not to beat a dead horse, but watch the first trailer for The Force Awakens, and pay attention to the first lines from Rey, Finn, and Kylo...

...Then think about where they were by the end of TLJ. Rian Johnson handled each character fantastically, and only continued the natural arc that JJ created in TFA.

4 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

In case folks weren't clear, The Mandalorian takes place five years after Jedi, but 25 or so years BEFORE The Force Awakens.

So, The Child is already about 50 -- and appears to be equivalent of a 3-4-year old toddler.  So, in TFA-era, would be 75, and the equivalent of a 7-year old child?

1 hour ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

So, The Child is already about 50 -- and appears to be equivalent of a 3-4-year old toddler.  So, in TFA-era, would be 75, and the equivalent of a 7-year old child?

He could be like a dog and his aging changes rates as he ages. Maybe from 0-50 or 75 he goes through toddler stage then rapidly ages in the next 25 years to maturity then it levels off for the next 800 years. 

Some discussion of the ending (humourous):

Spoiler

So now we know a few more things about the Emperor:

- Weakness is two lightsabers reflecting lightning

- Immune to one lightsaber reflecting lightning

- Immune to pits

- Explains why Darth Maul had two blades facing away from each other: couldn't threaten Sidious. This must have been Sidious' intention

- General Grievous was biggest threat to Palpatine (4 sabers, could have defeated 2 Emperors), so he had to die

- Once he turns the lightning on, he can't turn it off until someone dies

4 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

There are people literally making fun of TLJ now because JJ "destroyed" its continuity by not having the stable boy be a main protagonist in this movie, as if that is what Rian was setting up with that scene. These people clearly don't understand what a metaphor is. smh

I think people just don't know what a valid criticism is. They also are criticizing the movie because of a certain character they said they wanted that doesn't appear. Like... there's no intellectual consistency in any criticism from normal run of the mill superfans of this series. 

I can't wait to see what Plinkett says for all his followers to parrot for the next decade. /s

I know these things can't really be compared directly, but the RT ratings for Star Wars are:

1: 53%

2: 65%

3: 80%

Solo: 70%

Rogue One: 83%

4: 93%

5: 94%

6: 82%

7: 93%

8: 91%

I don't expect a lot from 9, but I'll be surprised if it's worse than the Prequels. I feel like the worst case is it's another Solo (though I personally wouldn't rate Solo quite so high as it's RT score).

9 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

For people who have seen it, I have one very specific question that needs to be answered.    Based on that leaked poster from a while back, does C3PO shoot someone with the bow caster or not.  I need to know if he ends this series with a positive k/d ratio.  Nothing else is relevant.

Spoiler

I don’t recall him shooting anybody. He kinda just carries it around for a couple of scenes.

• Thanks 1

A good friend of mine who is a HUGE Star Wars fan to the point of tearing up when he hears the music apparently bashed it in his review for I09. I haven't read it yet as in trying to go in cold but another buddy texted me and told me about it saying "How bad must it be if Germain bashed it?" Not a good sign. I remain optimistic though and I'm still going in with an open mind. 

20 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

A good friend of mine who is a HUGE Star Wars fan to the point of tearing up when he hears the music apparently bashed it in his review for I09. I haven't read it yet as in trying to go in cold but another buddy texted me and told me about it saying "How bad must it be if Germain bashed it?" Not a good sign. I remain optimistic though and I'm still going in with an open mind. 

You role with some GMG dudes?

Just popping in here to give my theory before I see this on Friday. Keep in mind that I still haven't seen any of the trailers, so I really don't know what the film is going to be about as I want to use my media blackout to go in as blind as possible.

My theory has to do with the title of the film. Why is it called "The Rise of SKYWALKER", if Luke, the last Skywalker, is dead? Well my theory is that Rey, with the help of Force Ghost Luke, will rebuild an order of Light Side users to combat evil, but instead of building yet another Jedi Order, because of all the faults of the Jedi, it's time to change and adapt, and they will now be known as the "Skywalkers", named after Luke in his honour. Luke was the last Jedi, and Rey will be the first Skywalker.

I could be totally wrong, and probably am. Either way, I'll see you guys on the other side. :peace:

Just popping in here to give my theory before I see this on Friday. Keep in mind that I still haven't seen any of the trailers, so I really don't know what the film is going to be about as I want to use my media blackout to go in as blind as possible.

My theory has to do with the title of the film. Why is it called "The Rise of SKYWALKER", if Luke, the last Skywalker, is dead? Well my theory is that Rey, with the help of Force Ghost Luke, will rebuild an order of Light Side users to combat evil, but instead of building yet another Jedi Order, because of all the faults of the Jedi, it's time to change and adapt, and they will now be known as the "Skywalkers", named after Luke in his honour. Luke was the last Jedi, and Rey will be the first Skywalker.

I could be totally wrong, and probably am. Either way, I'll see you guys on the other side. :peace:

My expectations were already low, but I'm excited because it's Star Wars Episode 9! It looks like it is shot beautifully. In a way, the mixed reviews makes me more curious what a cluster fuck this thing may end up being. I didn't like that JJ was doing this either.

I'm heading to see it Friday. My hope is that if it does suck, it will trigger some new management and a new approach to their feature films.

OLOLOLOLOLOL (Opening Crawl related)

Spoiler

The "mysterious broadcast" referred to in the Opening Crawl below:

EPISODE IX
THE RISE OF SKYWALKER
The dead speak! The galaxy has heard a mysterious broadcast, a threat of REVENGE in the sinister voice of the late EMPEROR PALPATINE.
GENERAL LEIA ORGANA dispatches secret agents to gather intelligence, while REY, the last hope of the Jedi, trains for battle against the diabolical FIRST ORDER.
Meanwhile, Supreme Leader KYLO REN rages in search of the phantom Emperor, determined to destroy any threat to his power....

can actually be heard in Fortnite:

5 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

OLOLOLOLOLOL (Opening Crawl related)

Hide contents

The "mysterious broadcast" referred to in the Opening Crawl below:

EPISODE IX
THE RISE OF SKYWALKER
The dead speak! The galaxy has heard a mysterious broadcast, a threat of REVENGE in the sinister voice of the late EMPEROR PALPATINE.
GENERAL LEIA ORGANA dispatches secret agents to gather intelligence, while REY, the last hope of the Jedi, trains for battle against the diabolical FIRST ORDER.
Meanwhile, Supreme Leader KYLO REN rages in search of the phantom Emperor, determined to destroy any threat to his power....

can actually be heard in Fortnite:

:lol:

3 hours ago, Chris- said:

You role with some GMG dudes?

I just know him and I've known him forever... since way before he started working for Slashfilm and I09. He went to college with some two of best friends and we would all hang out and argue/discuss movies back in the day. I haven't seen him in a bit but he and I typically align on movies most of the time.

9 hours ago, CayceG said:

He could be like a dog and his aging changes rates as he ages. Maybe from 0-50 or 75 he goes through toddler stage then rapidly ages in the next 25 years to maturity then it levels off for the next 800 years. 

I remember hearing in Legends Yoda had joined the Jedi order and become pretty established within the order by 100.  Not that it confirms it. Disney could have changed the timeline for when a member of Yoda’s species matures through stages of their lives. 

still ... assuming 900 is long even for his species this makes it seems they spend a longer time proportionally as a child than humans do.  

Watched it again tonight. That is a legitimately bad movie and I look forward to be able to openly discuss what a train wreck it is as film, regardless of its place in the Star Wars universe. It’s so poorly constructed, I can’t believe it’s real. Pretty sure I won’t ever visit this one again.