~*Colin Trevorrow's Star Wars: Episode IX - Duel of the Fates OT*~

I don't think I will ever revisit any of the twenty-teens movies. I wouldn't mind if all of them were retconned out of existence. I have no issues with that happening to the prequels as well. If it wasn't for the fact I want Star Wars to move on, I'd say remake 1-3 and 7-9. 

9 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Watched it again tonight. That is a legitimately bad movie and I look forward to be able to openly discuss what a train wreck it is as film, regardless of its place in the Star Wars universe. It’s so poorly constructed, I can’t believe it’s real. Pretty sure I won’t ever visit this one again.

I always knew that IX would be generic schlock fan service...but I also assumed it would be fun and well-made, like TFA. Sucks that that's not the case.

EDIT - Then again, maybe we shouldn't have been surprised with this powerhouse writing/story team:

ab60e061981e151c7f44bce131df1f57.png

To quote someone on Resetera:

Monster Trucks!
Book of Henry!
Star Trek Into Darkness!
Batman v Superman!

2 hours ago, Anzo said:

My opinion of this movie is degrading by the day. Will watch again this weekend to solidify my thoughts. 

It’s bad, man. 

Spoiler

Anzo, there was hot debate last night with my friends. What was your take on:

1. Was Leia force projecting as Ben at the end?

2. Was Lando trying to bone the lady from the Death Star II crash site?

LOTS of arguing over those two points :lol:

19 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

It’s bad, man. 

Hide contents

Anzo, there was hot debate last night with my friends. What was your take on:

1. Was Leia force projecting as Ben at the end?

2. Was Lando trying to bone the lady from the Death Star II crash site?

LOTS of arguing over those two points :lol:

1. I don’t think so. 
2. No??????? :s

17 hours ago, Brick said:

Just popping in here to give my theory before I see this on Friday. Keep in mind that I still haven't seen any of the trailers, so I really don't know what the film is going to be about as I want to use my media blackout to go in as blind as possible.

My theory has to do with the title of the film. Why is it called "The Rise of SKYWALKER", if Luke, the last Skywalker, is dead? Well my theory is that Rey, with the help of Force Ghost Luke, will rebuild an order of Light Side users to combat evil, but instead of building yet another Jedi Order, because of all the faults of the Jedi, it's time to change and adapt, and they will now be known as the "Skywalkers", named after Luke in his honour. Luke was the last Jedi, and Rey will be the first Skywalker.

I could be totally wrong, and probably am. Either way, I'll see you guys on the other side. :peace:

I love that the whole premise behind the new movies was to move past the Skywalkers and all 3 movies have done nothing but reinforce Skywalkers.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 2user1cup said:

It's almost like corporate morons have no ideas! Follow the leader! Derp derp herp!!! Yes master!

Forget to switch accounts before quoting yourself?

Got a ticket for 6pm today via fandango. Kinda bummed it isn't a full on digital ticket and I am still going to have to wait in line. Never used the app before so hopefully everything goes well, but the fact that I can't just go to the ticket collector worries me. 

I certainly could be misremembering things, but I seem to recall exactly the opposite, that the new trilogy would be a way to bring everybody back into the Skywalker saga and the Star Wars Story films were how they would branch out, at least initially.

Just finished watching TLJ ahead of Episode 9 this weekend.

What a master class effort all the way around. Fuck, @sblfilms used to say, "Setups and payoffs for days!" about this film, and it's so true. I dunno what I'll think of Episode 9, but if I'm not impressed with it, Episode 8, by all accounts,  serves both as a fantastic finale and a terrific launching point for another episode. So glad we got this, and I hope Rian Johnson's trilogy becomes reality because what he could do with his own vision could be balls to walls awesome.

2 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Just finished watching TLJ ahead of Episode 9 this weekend.

What a master class effort all the way around. Fuck, @sblfilms used to say, "Setups and payoffs for days!" about this film, and it's so true. I dunno what I'll think of Episode 9, but if I'm not impressed with it, Episode 8, by all accounts,  serves both as a fantastic finale and a terrific launching point for another episode. So glad we got this, and I hope Rian Johnson's trilogy becomes reality because what he could do with his own vision could be balls to walls awesome.

It’s true, and indeed TFA and TLJ work great as a two part story about this particular group of people!

28 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Hey @sblfilms - what's the industry buzz regarding the opening weekend box office?  Any indication that the critical reception might have a significant monetary impact?

I think most people anticipate opening weekend to be strong, but legs will be harmed if WOM ends up weak. I think we will all get a better sense as customers start exiting the theaters on the next hour starting on the east coast.