Episode IX promo poster leaks (spoilers on characters)

The reason I'm hesitant on it, knowing that this isn't a movie theater poster, is that Lando isn't on it and Kylo Ren has his mask on again. I know there could be a reason for it after he destroyed it last movie, but I feel like this took old pictures of the guys and put them on, but left out Lando because they don't have him in the previous movies to stitch onto this.

But who knows. I just want my teaser trailer. :p 

7 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

The reason I'm hesitant on it, knowing that this isn't a movie theater poster, is that Lando isn't on it and Kylo Ren has his mask on again. I know there could be a reason for it after he destroyed it last movie, but I feel like this took old pictures of the guys and put them on, but left out Lando because they don't have him in the previous movies to stitch onto this.

But who knows. I just want my teaser trailer. :p 

Episode IX involves time travel confirmed. 

47 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Sorry you didn't get this movie:

61ed65611d09f4a6-400x600.jpg

So am I. It's ok, Abrams essentially retconned the original trilogy in Episode 7 anyway. Johnson just went ahead and took it to an exorbitant level of "fuck it". 

And I'm a HUGE fan of Johnson--I love both Brick and Looper. 

It put the characters from the OT in the center of the story, and made them 100% irrelevant. Then it took everything they became and grew into over the three movies and put it all back to square one. Han went back to where he was when we met him, Leia went back to the beginning of her journey, and Luke went back to being a recluse with no friends. The new trilogy literally wiped out all character progression from the OT. 

It was like Mass Effect 2 all over again. Which is one of my most hated games of all time. 

I propose we have two Star Wars threads. One for head canon losers and one for us sane people. And neither are allowed to post in the others thread because Star Wars has become considerably less enjoyable having to interact with people who are mad about Luke. 

1 hour ago, Emblazon said:

It put the characters from the OT in the center of the story, and made them 100% irrelevant. Then it took everything they became and grew into over the three movies and put it all back to square one. Han went back to where he was when we met him, Leia went back to the beginning of her journey, and Luke went back to being a recluse with no friends. The new trilogy literally wiped out all character progression from the OT. 

It was like Mass Effect 2 all over again. Which is one of my most hated games of all time. 

HAVE YOU PLAYED ANDROMEDA!!!

1 hour ago, Emblazon said:

Han went back to what was familiar, what he was good at. Leia kept fighting for what she believed in. When she saw a new threat her goal was to make sure it did not rise to Glalactic Empire levels of being able to oppress the Republic. Luke was never a recluse as a youth. He had friends, and was itching to go out into the galaxy. He became a recluse as an old disalussioned, regretful old man. 

Even if looked at the way you do that’s still not a retcon.