The skin on my hands is cracking and bleeding - advice requested!

Commissar SFLUFAN

Any time I get dry cracking hands I always go for those lotions that are more vaseline like in texture. The other kind that is more white and creamy doesn't do much. The O Keeffes that was mentioned, I have heard good things about it. I've used something similar many times. I hate the way hand cream feels on my hands so usually load up on it good right before bed, and by morning my hands are much better. 

6 hours ago, Nokra said:

I use this stuff: https://www.neutrogena.com/norwegian-formula-hand-cream/6801290.html

Usually just one application, left on overnight, is enough to make a very noticeable difference. You can get it at Target, CVS, Walgreens, etc. 

This is what I have used in the past. Always works great overnight like you said. 

6 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

This is what I have used in the past. Always works great overnight like you said. 

It's good stuff, right? I hate having greasy hands when I'm trying to do things and I wash my hands repeatedly throughout the day (thus part of the need for the product :p ) so having something on overnight is the only way to go for me.  And fortunately, that's all that's required with this cream for it to make a difference. :daydream: 

On 2/1/2019 at 6:28 PM, SFLUFAN said:

As the thread title states, the skin on my hands is cracking and bleeding.  As a result, I am seeking input as to how to remediate this situation.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Sounds like eczema. Stay away from those chemical filled handsoaps and stick with the more natual ones. Try some Aloe Vera lotions or hand lotions with no alcohol and wear some cotton gloves and rubber gloves when washing dishes. See a doctor they may give you some steroid ointment to clear it up faster. Drink more water too. Stay hydrated. 

4 hours ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

Sounds like eczema. Stay away from those chemical filled handsoaps and stick with the more natual ones. Try some Aloe Vera lotions or hand lotions with no alcohol and wear some cotton gloves and rubber gloves when washing dishes. See a doctor they may give you some steroid ointment to clear it up faster. Drink more water too. Stay hydrated. 

This reminds me, the soap you're using can make a big difference in the frigid temperatures the east coast is currently experiencing. Buying something like this:

41NwDvcTK7L._SY355_.jpg

for home would probably by itself help Wade a lot.

• 2 weeks later...