~*The Official Thread of One Term/Twice Impeached/Worst of Them All Presidential Tantrums, Candy Throwing, and Pants Shitting*~

3 minutes ago, sexy_shapiro said:

I’ve been under mental distress all day over this. I mean, this is one short step step away from using a pink triangle. And the history behind that is chilling. I really don’t want this to be the future we go down.

I fear this is the future if Trump doesn't get voted out in November.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, marioandsonic said:

I fear it is. Each year is exponentially worse. Each year he gets away with more. If he’s tear gassing his own citizens in year four then I fear for what he could do in year eight.

Just now, marioandsonic said:

Just now, sexy_shapiro said:

I fear it is. Each year is exponentially worse. Each year he gets away with more. If he’s tear gassing his own citizens in year four then I fear for what he could do in year eight.

Anyone who can't get their enthusiasm up about voting for Joe Biden needs to ask themselves what a Donald Trump who knows he never has to face voters or accountability again for nearly 5 years is going to do.

If you can't get passionate about stopping that, then you're not much better then a Trump supporter.

2 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Anyone who can't get their enthusiasm up about voting for Joe Biden needs to ask themselves what a Donald Trump who knows he never has to face voters or accountability again for nearly 5 years is going to do.

If you can't get passionate about stopping that, then you're not much better then a Trump supporter.

Trump already said to Xi that he wants the constitution amended to allow a third term. You don't think the GOP states would try, if they could?

1 minute ago, mclumber1 said:

Semi-related:  Watch the HBO miniseries "The plot against America".  It mirrors current events pretty clearly, and even though it's fiction, it's incredibly well done in my opinion, and is almost always shit your pants suspenseful. 

I watched it recently and loved it. It felt like a very realistic depiction of what American fascism would have looked like at that time. What made it was the characters. I loved how it focused on one family and how each member reacts to the coming events differently. It reminds me so much of what we’re seeing today.

19 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert left their psuedo-news shows too early.

I really wish Stewart had stuck around through the 2016 election since the rest of the media obviously had no fucking clue how to handle Trump. Colbert sticking around was less essential I think.

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

I really wish Stewart had stuck around through the 2016 election since the rest of the media obviously had no fucking clue how to handle Trump. Colbert sticking around was less essential I think.

The dude was so burnt out and you could tell. I don't know how effective he would have been running on empty.

• Guillotine 1

5 hours ago, sexy_shapiro said:

I watched it recently and loved it. It felt like a very realistic depiction of what American fascism would have looked like at that time. What made it was the characters. I loved how it focused on one family and how each member reacts to the coming events differently. It reminds me so much of what we’re seeing today.

I've been meaning to watch it. How many episodes is it? It's only one season right?

29 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

The dude was so burnt out and you could tell. I don't know how effective he would have been running on empty.

I wasn't really actively watching either show toward the end so if he was, I wasn't seeing it. :shrug: I watched them religiously in high school but then not having cable in college broke me of the habit.

6 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Trump threatens protestors going to his rally tomorrow:

Tulsa mayor implements curfew around site of Trump rally

Police said the curfew means the scores of Trump supporters who have camped in parking lots and on sidewalks outside ahead of Saturday night’s rally at the 19,000-seat arena must leave the area during the curfew or face possible arrest.

I was sorta half paying attention to this red triangle story... thinking it was just nonsense distraction... but what the hell? The image attached is just an inverted red triangle... but for no reason whatsoever? Like, why is it even there? It's really fucking weird right?

First, I don't think Trump himself had anything at all to do with this, so it really isn't about him at all...

So either...

A.) They just picked some random symbol as the image because maybe it was an Antifa thing (but it totally is not in any way) and they made a mistake... this seem unlikely. If you worked for an ad agency and had to pick symbol, how would you accidentally arrive at that one? Seems weird.

B.) They made it a nazi symbol on purpose, to either dog whistle, or make some noise and add to the chaos and try to create some sort of fight? Again, why?

c.) They are actual literal nazis? Again, doubtful.

Nothing about it makes any sense. It's just weird.

13 minutes ago, ort said:

I was sorta half paying attention to this red triangle story... thinking it was just nonsense distraction... but what the hell? The image attached is just an inverted red triangle... but for no reason whatsoever? Like, why is it even there? It's really fucking weird right?

First, I don't think Trump himself had anything at all to do with this, so it really isn't about him at all...

So either...

A.) They just picked some random symbol as the image because maybe it was an Antifa thing (but it totally is not in any way) and they made a mistake... this seem unlikely. If you worked for an ad agency and had to pick symbol, how would you accidentally arrive at that one? Seems weird.

B.) They made it a nazi symbol on purpose, to either dog whistle, or make some noise and add to the chaos and try to create some sort of fight? Again, why?

make no mistake that was Stephan miller and it was done on purpose 

19 minutes ago, ort said:

So either...

It wasn't an accident because the specific symbol here was used in the absolutely correct Nazi context. The only Antifa groups that use anything like it is some small group in Germany that barely has an online presence; especially from English language search engines.

The only way it could be an accident is if the design of the ad was outsourced to Germany and even then that would be doubtful.

28 minutes ago, ort said:

So either...

14 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

make no mistake that was Stephan miller and it was done on purpose 

Again, it was posted 88 times.

8 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

The trump team has been dog and regular whistling white supremacist/Nazi/racist imagery from the start of his campaign. It's not a coincidence, and even if they're just doing it to "own the libs" at what point is the rule of goat fucking in play?

The inverted triangle thing almost seems like a reverse dog whistle, where they're counting on it triggering the libs but sailing right over the heads of most of their base.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

The inverted triangle thing almost seems like a reverse dog whistle, where they're counting on it triggering the libs but sailing right over the heads of most of their base.

I 100% fucking guarantee you're going to start seeing his base use it on posters with Pelosi and Biden and AOC.

Again, it really doesn’t matter if Trump personally picked it out or not. We need to look at his administration as a whole and not just focus on Trump’s personality. And it’s clear his administration is run by white supremacists. And even if Stephen Miller told him, would he really be upset by it?

Trump has even used the number 88 before at rallies when he boasted about having 88 generals who supported him. So maybe he knows more about white supremacy then we realize. But then again, I don’t find his personal interest in white supremacy to be as relevant as others do. There’s are history theorists who believe Hitler was a weaker dictator than history remembers him as, but he was being pushed by more extremist voices as time when on.