The Kavanaugh Confirmation Charade Thread

46 minutes ago, Jason said:

“We looked down on the public school kids. We looked down on pot smokers. That wasn’t socially acceptable in my crowd. We grew up in a culture of privilege. We all came from great, comfortable homes and almost everyone I hung around with was white. The right pedigree meant we got away with it. The cops chased us from one place to another – but they didn’t arrest us. They knew our parents – the judges and lawyers and high paid professionals in the county. It was a small club in a large county and we were at the top of the pyramid. Brett Kavanaugh was part of that crowd. I was. All of my friends were. But the question I ask myself today is, in light of everything that goes on do we want someone sitting in judgment of everyone else who has never had to face the consequences everyone else faces?”

Gee, does this level of self-awakening extend to those "public school kids" or those "pot smokers" of today (aka, non-white people)?  Or is it only reserved for privileged white girls?

30 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

“We looked down on the public school kids. We looked down on pot smokers. That wasn’t socially acceptable in my crowd. We grew up in a culture of privilege. We all came from great, comfortable homes and almost everyone I hung around with was white. The right pedigree meant we got away with it. The cops chased us from one place to another – but they didn’t arrest us. They knew our parents – the judges and lawyers and high paid professionals in the county. It was a small club in a large county and we were at the top of the pyramid. Brett Kavanaugh was part of that crowd. I was. All of my friends were. But the question I ask myself today is, in light of everything that goes on do we want someone sitting in judgment of everyone else who has never had to face the consequences everyone else faces?”

Gee, does this level of self-awakening extend to those "public school kids" or those "pot smokers" of today (aka, non-white people)?  Or is it only reserved for privileged white girls?

I think she's looking back regretfully on that time with the wisdom of age and experience...

My wife actually grew up in this right in this area. It really is lousy with entitled rich shitheads.

Ford's testimony, obviously just a Shillary plant, who wouldn't want to put themselves and their family through this torment to shame this upstanding "carpool dad".

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/4945893/Ford-Written-Testimony.pdf

"At the same time, my greatest fears have been realized – and the reality has been far worse than what I expected. My family and I have been the target of constant harassment and death threats. I have been called the most vile and hateful names imaginable. These messages, while far fewer than the expressions of support, have been terrifying to receive and have rocked me to my core. People have posted my personal information on the internet. This has resulted in additional emails, calls, and threats. My family and I were forced to move out of our home. Since September 16, my family and I have been living in various secure locales, with guards. This past Tuesday evening, my work email account was hacked and messages were sent out supposedly recanting my description of the sexual assault."

• Sad 1

It's kind of amazing to me how much the right wing pundit's responses differ from Kavanaugh's. Kavanaugh is very much dismissing all of these charges as outright fabrications, and seems to even dismiss the (likely much more verifiable) claims that he was a heavy drinker. Meanwhile the pundit response very quickly gotten to the point of dismissing charges of attempted rape as normal even acceptable.

I feel like too little of the discussion is focusing on that disconnect. Even if you don't think that attempting to rape drunk girls is a problem, would you concede that a potential Supreme Court Justice should not be lying to the President, the Senate, and everyone else?

6 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

JFC

From the article:

According to an anonymous complaint sent to Republican Sen. Cory Gardner of Colorado, Kavanaugh physically assaulted a woman he socialized with in the Washington, D.C., area in 1998 while he was inebriated.

HMMMMM I wonder what else Brett was up to in 1998?