Christian Nationalist day one plans of Trump administration leaked

WWW.POLITICO.COM

Spearheading the effort is Russell Vought, president of The Center for Renewing America, part of a conservative consortium preparing for Trump's return to power.

Politico has gotten ahold of internal documents from Trump campaign advisors and former Trump admin officials with a list of policy ideas that they have agreed to pursue.

These include:

• A 16-week national ban on abortion (individual states could go farther).
  • An end to "no fault" divorce.
  • Ending surrogacy.
  • Using federal education funding to end sex education in schools.
  • Change federal programs that penalize marriage.
  • Revoke FDA approval of "chemical abortion drugs" and the ability to receive abortion drugs via mail.
  • Protecting "religious and moral" objections for employers who decline contraception coverage for employees.
  • Eliminate policies that "subsidize single-motherhood" (no specifics given).
  • Increasing surveillance of abortion and maternal mortality reporting in the states.
  • Invoking the Insurrection Act on Day One to quash protests.
  • Refusing to spend authorized congressional funds on unwanted projects (a practice made illegal under Nixon) and fight the case to the Supreme Court.
  • Eliminating the diversity lottery for immigration and reforming immigration criteria away from nation of origin, education, family connections, and employment to instead base immigration quality on their commitment to biblical teachings. Saying a person's background doesn't define who can enter the U.S., but rather, citing Biblical teachings, whether that person "accept[ed] Israel's God, laws and understanding of history."
  • Create a new federal task force on fighting anti-Christian bias to be led by "a fully reformed Department of Justice that's fair and equitable."
  • Get court rulings recognizing that the separation of church and state is "a commitment to an institutional separation between church and state, but not the separation of Christianity from its influence on government and society. Such a framework can lead to beneficial outcomes for our own communities, as well as individuals of all faiths."
  • Eliminate funding for and penalize state programs that promote transgender acceptance and replace them with programs that attempt to help correct gender confusion in youths.
  • Guillotine 7

15 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

It would be odd for something like that to be spearheaded by what is probably the least Christian President.

Anyway, Under His Eye, or whatever.

Historically, whomever is the one to pick up the mantle of the "Defender of Christendom" has been a monster devoid of the espoused Christian values. Christians have, in turn, always decided to look the opposite direction, as religion and hypocrisy go together like chocolate and peanut butter. 

• True 1

The problem is that this doesn't "die" in the event of a Trump loss.

Project 2025 becomes Project 2029 and so on.  

This is like the old story of the terrorist needing to only be lucky once while those trying to stop him have to be lucky every single time.

And sooner or later, luck eventually runs out.

• True 1
  • Halal 2

That shit scares the shit out of me. Civil War almost seems like a 50/50 chance if Trump wins and that goes through. Here’s hoping Biden wins, Trump is jailed, and more charges comes afterwards for the politicians who were also involved in the scheme. We know they’re working now in congress/senate/Supreme Court. It’s a huge fucking incredible dream, but anything’s possible?!?

• True 2

9 minutes ago, Amazatron said:

The Republican Party needs to be eradicated.

Maybe I'm naive, but I feel like their pivot to being in service of pretty much just Trump hasn't helped them in the long run.  They have been underperfoming in the midterms ever since they attached themselves to Trump.  They don't really have anyone else that anyone gives a shit about after the KFC chicken buckets finally send him to hell.

32 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

This is like the old story of the terrorist needing to only be lucky once while those trying to stop him have to be lucky every single time.

And sooner or later, luck eventually runs out.

Great.  In our current political climate, the GOP only has to win once.

2 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Wait till most Christians realize they also don't fit the mold 

And you'll keep waiting. They didn't get that message in the 12th century, the inquisition, the witch burnings of Europe, the witch burnings of new England, the satanic panic of the 80/90s and they won't get it now or a hundred years from now. This is true for any religion.   

• Halal 4

45 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

24 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

Maybe I'm naive, but I feel like their pivot to being in service of pretty much just Trump hasn't helped them in the long run.  They have been underperfoming in the midterms ever since they attached themselves to Trump.  They don't really have anyone else that anyone gives a shit about after the KFC chicken buckets finally send him to hell.

This quote here from the end of the article really lays out the long-term goal:

“These folks aren’t as interested in democracy or working through democratic systems as in the old religious right because their theology is one of Christian warfare.”

This is a war. It doesn't matter if their views are popular or not, that doesn't factor into their strategy. In fact it only HELPS their narrative of Christian persecution. They've known for a long time the voting population has been moving away from extremist Christian views. They've been playing the long game. They don't need or care about the will of the people.

The goal through gerrymandering, voter registration restrictions, eliminating polling places in minority communities and on college campuses, and most recently when they upped the ante drastically with the fake elector scheme, voter intimidation, hindering or elimination of mail-in ballots, and the Jan 6 insurrection... That's the real game. Systematic dismantling of the systems of democracy, while sowing the seeds of mistrust among Conservatives in the integrity of our elections. Convince enough people you're right, and put the right people in positions of judicial power, and you have all the pieces for ending democracy, and you didn't even need the majority to do it.

• Thanks 2
  • Halal 4

2 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

@Reputator absolutely nailed the harsh reality with his post.

We should all honestly start preparing ourselves mentally and emotionally as best we can for if/when it eventually does happen, whether in January 2025 or at some other point.  

I'm stocking up on alcohol and canned goods as we speak

4 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

@Reputator absolutely nailed the harsh reality with his post.

We should all honestly start preparing ourselves mentally and emotionally as best we can for if/when it eventually does happen, whether in January 2025 or at some other point.  

Somehow even though I fully believe both of you I have become oddly optimistic over the last year and a half. I have no rational reason to be. 

For the last couple of weeks there's been all these op-eds about how Democrats can assuage people's concerns about Biden being so old. Man, put Biden in a protective bubble somewhere and just pump out TV ads with this shit scrolling up the screen and "THIS IS TRUMP'S ACTUAL PLAN" in giant block letters on the bottom.

I don't understand how a complete federal takeover and dismantling of democracy would quite work in this country.  I know that they are trying, and fascism is on the rise, but the distribution of state power works both ways, and even conservatives will at some point not lie down and accept such an extreme attempt to strip away rights.  Not that the ensuing conflict would be much better, and I'm fairly cynical overall, but I also do believe that once you start interacting with real people outside of the internet, most have more in common than they realize, and that the cycle of hatred and oppression that we are continually exposed to online hasn't quite metastasized the way our media would have you believe.  The internet and social media are a grave existential threat and have been weaponized against us to nefarious ends, but they're also not reflective of reality in very key ways.

This election is indeed the most important in history, with extremely grave consequences should republicans again take control, but I think there are significant barriers to a plan like this.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

1 minute ago, ShreddieMercury said:

I don't understand how a complete federal takeover and dismantling of democracy would quite work in this country. 

because the rich people in charge dont really care and there are never any real consequences for these people

2 hours ago, ShreddieMercury said:

I don't understand how a complete federal takeover and dismantling of democracy would quite work in this country.  I know that they are trying, and fascism is on the rise, but the distribution of state power works both ways, and even conservatives will at some point not lie down and accept such an extreme attempt to strip away rights.  Not that the ensuing conflict would be much better, and I'm fairly cynical overall, but I also do believe that once you start interacting with real people outside of the internet, most have more in common than they realize, and that the cycle of hatred and oppression that we are continually exposed to online hasn't quite metastasized the way our media would have you believe.  The internet and social media are a grave existential threat and have been weaponized against us to nefarious ends, but they're also not reflective of reality in very key ways.

This election is indeed the most important in history, with extremely grave consequences should republicans again take control, but I think there are significant barriers to a plan like this.

By stacking the administrative state with people who are willing to do it...Project 2025 isn't about electing conservative politicians or stacking the judiciary, it's about making sure that even the OMB and SSA are staffed with ghouls.

• True 1