Joe Biden might be impeached, lol

No one’s gonna care other then the cultists. Normies who don’t freebase Fox News have no idea how to understand the Pepe Silvia Republican Cinematic Universe and won’t follow a word of it. 

“So Joe Biden’s son helped Ukrainian Nazis open up a chemical factory designed to extract the essence of child so that they can be sacrificed to Moloch and thus Hollywood executives and Hillary Clinton can live forever? And JFK and his son are back from the dead to stop it? 

I’m gonna need a stronger restraining order.”

• Like 1

YEah, I know I know...

But... it's been funny how Fox News spent the last year pumping out non-stop Hunter Biden scandal stories with salacious inflammatory headlines, and stories on various GOP members demanding impeachment, etc...

...and now that it's sorta happening all they have run for the last few days are tepid stories about how it's not going to work and various GOP people think it's a waste of time.

Quite the pivot.

1 hour ago, ort said:

YEah, I know I know...

But... it's been funny how Fox News spent the last year pumping out non-stop Hunter Biden scandal stories with salacious inflammatory headlines, and stories on various GOP members demanding impeachment, etc...

...and now that it's sorta happening all they have run for the last few days are tepid stories about how it's not going to work and various GOP people think it's a waste of time.

Quite the pivot.

they dont want to catch the car again like with Roe and have even more people turn on their bullshit.  impeaching wouldnt really do much expect for the cult anyway.

First "impeachment inquiry" hearing for the Oversight Committee has been set for next week.

WWW.CNBC.COM

Republican House Speaker Kevin McCarthy last week directed three GOP-led committees to launch an impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden.

The House Oversight Committee will hold the first hearing on the impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden on Sept. 28, a committee spokesperson said Tuesday.

“The hearing will focus on constitutional and legal questions surrounding the President’s involvement in corruption and abuse of public office,” the spokesperson said in a statement.

The committee plans to subpoena the personal and business bank records of Hunter Biden, the president’s son, and his brother James Biden.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Firewithin said:

apparently its been going well what with a key witness saying there is no evidence to warrant an impeachment and the dipshit gop trying to present fake texts they probably got from some shit Q website or something

That's correct - all of the key witnesses today have testified that in their expert opinions, they've seen nothing that rises to the level of "high crimes and misdemeanors".

• Haha 3

Up next: subpoenas for bank records

ABCNEWS.GO.COM

Rep. James Comer said he will issue subpoenas "today" for bank records for Hunter Biden and James Biden as part of their impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden.

House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer announced he will issue subpoenas for bank records for Hunter Biden and James Biden on Thursday as part of the House GOP impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden.

The announcement was made at the end of the committee's first public hearing since Speaker Kevin McCarthy ordered the inquiry on Sept. 12.

"Today I will subpoena the bank records of Hunter Biden, James Biden and their affiliated companies," Comer said, calling it the the "next step of this investigation."

Top House Republicans see bank records as the possible "smoking gun" evidence missing so far from their allegations that President Biden was directly involved in and benefitted from his family's domestic and international business practices.

Earlier this week, Comer discussed on Fox News why he wanted to subpoena Hunter Biden and James Biden's records. He said they want to "follow the money" he says the two Bidens and other family members received from shell companies. There is no evidence, to date, that any of the money is linked to President Biden himself.

• 5 months later...

It’s ridiculous you have this entire political operation spending years and who knows how much money trying to find anything to pin on Biden and still coming out so empty handed. It’s frankly pathetic. He’s been a powerful political figure forever, I’m sure there are some skeletons SOMEWHERE. Try harder boys.

• Halal 1

5 hours ago, stepee said:

It’s ridiculous you have this entire political operation spending years and who knows how much money trying to find anything to pin on Biden and still coming out so empty handed. It’s frankly pathetic. He’s been a powerful political figure forever, I’m sure there are some skeletons SOMEWHERE. Try harder boys.

If they could find that bad dude “Cornpop” to interview it’d be all over for Biden 

6 hours ago, stepee said:

He’s been a powerful political figure forever, I’m sure there are some skeletons SOMEWHERE. Try harder boys.

That’s what probably frustrates them most. There has to be SOME DIRT, RIGHT?

• Haha 1
  • True 1

Out of all the people for the GOP to latch onto with the CRIMES narrative, Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden have got to be some of the stupidest targets, The Clintons had been under the microscope for decades before she was Secretary of State and Biden's been a Washington staple with POTUS ambitions for longer than that. The notion that either of them are just going to derp around committing high crimes has always been nonsensical. I appreciate that when Hillary was running for POTUS there's some juice to be had from that specific squeeze since it's chum for the base and I appreciate that for outlets like Fox News the topic is a crowd pleaser / ratings driver. But for the actual Republican Party to waste time and energy looking into the "Biden Crime Family" while Biden is actually in office is fucking bonkers.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

8 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Out of all the people for the GOP to latch onto with the CRIMES narrative, Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden have got to be some of the stupidest targets, The Clintons had been under the microscope for decades before she was Secretary of State and Biden's been a Washington staple with POTUS ambitions for longer than that. The notion that either of them are just going to derp around committing high crimes has always been nonsensical. I appreciate that when Hillary was running for POTUS there's some juice to be had from that specific squeeze since it's chum for the base and I appreciate that for outlets like Fox News the topic is a crowd pleaser / ratings driver. But for the actual Republican Party to waste time and energy looking into the "Biden Crime Family" while Biden is actually in office is fucking bonkers.

If you posit that impeachment has become just another campaign strategy, then it makes perfect sense.

Republican voters by and large will not care whether the impeachment succeeds or fails, they will assume Biden's guilt regardless and feel energized; and swing voters are so buffeted by competing sources of information portraying entirely different realities that they won't know what to think, and just go with the prevailing anti-establishment political sentiment and say "Yeah I don't know the details but they're all corrupt so he probably did something naughty."

I wouldn't be surprised to see the impeachment process become a recurring staple of campaign season. 

• Halal 2

1 hour ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

If you posit that impeachment has become just another campaign strategy, then it makes perfect sense.

Republican voters by and large will not care whether the impeachment succeeds or fails, they will assume Biden's guilt regardless and feel energized; and swing voters are so buffeted by competing sources of information portraying entirely different realities that they won't know what to think, and just go with the prevailing anti-establishment political sentiment and say "Yeah I don't know the details but they're all corrupt so he probably did something naughty."

I don't know that the feeling energized bit is true, and I don't know that there's research that shows that swing voters are motived by impeachment as a tactic. I appreciate that voters are to at least some extent vibes based but I don't know that this is a winning issue. I do appreciate that similar tactics "worked" with Clinton to the extent that she lost the election but still won the popular vote. I just don't see anything that suggests that people care more about Hunter than they did about Hillary's email server, "people" in this context meaning an actual undecided voter. Or if those people exist, Trump is not teflon coated to the point that a shitload of indictments and trying to lynch his own Vice President aren't going to cause an equal swing of those people to not vote for him.

I wouldn't be surprised to see "impeachment as campaign strategy" be adopted more frequently if it worked, but I don't think that it will. At some point Republican voters are going to want their party to actually govern to at least SOME extent. The difference between Fox and Newsmax or whoever the fuck screaming about impeachment and the actual Republican party wasting time and energy on it is substantial.

3 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

I don't know that the feeling energized bit is true, and I don't know that there's research that shows that swing voters are motived by impeachment as a tactic. I appreciate that voters are to at least some extent vibes based but I don't know that this is a winning issue. I do appreciate that similar tactics "worked" with Clinton to the extent that she lost the election but still won the popular vote. I just don't see anything that suggests that people care more about Hunter than they did about Hillary's email server, "people" in this context meaning an actual undecided voter. Or if those people exist, Trump is not teflon coated to the point that a shitload of indictments and trying to lynch his own Vice President aren't going to cause an equal swing of those people to not vote for him.

I wouldn't be surprised to see "impeachment as campaign strategy" be adopted more frequently if it worked, but I don't think that it will. At some point Republican voters are going to want their party to actually govern to at least SOME extent. The difference between Fox and Newsmax or whoever the fuck screaming about impeachment and the actual Republican party wasting time and energy on it is substantial.

Impeachment itself already has an example of it blowing up in their face with the Clinton impeachment that was incredibly unpopular. I don’t think it’s a winning strategy if it’s a frivolous impeachment with no merit. Maybe it works better nowadays and that’s what they are counting on but honestly I think it’s just that they are dumb.

15 hours ago, Jason said:
WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

Democrat Jared Moskowitz tried to put a motion on the table for a vote in an effort to call the GOP's bluff in the Biden probe.

I just watched a clip of this. That was a brilliant headgame he played against them. They're like those dogs on either side of a fence barking and making threats, but as soon as the fence is opened they don't want to go near each other. It's all talk, it's all performative.

What's funnier is if they called it now, it would be obvious they were goaded into it.