Joe Biden might be impeached, lol

The reason, you ask? Well let’s ask Ken Buck, Freedumb Caucus member:

WWW.BUSINESSINSIDER.COM

Appearing on MSNBC, Rep. Ken Buck also railed against Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, saying it's "absurd" to think she's an "expert on impeachment."

but reports are coming that McCarthy is pushing for an impeachment vote anyway because the loony toons want it presumably so McCarthy can keep his job. So get ready for some more stupidity

McCarthy just endorsed the formal impeachment inquiry.

Republican House Speaker Kevin McCarthy on Tuesday backed an impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden.

“Today I am directing our House committee to open a formal impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden. This logical next step will give our committees the full power to gather all the facts and answers for the American public,” McCarthy said at a press conference.

The House speaker claimed Tuesday that Biden had lied to the American people about his knowledge of his family’s foreign business dealings.

The impeachment inquiry will be led by GOP Rep. James Comer, Ky., who chairs the House Oversight Committee, in coordination with Judiciary Committee chair Jim Jordan of Ohio and Rep. Jason Smith, Mo., who chairs the Ways and Means Committee.

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

McCarthy just endorsed the formal impeachment inquiry.

Yeah this is going to be a pretext for asking for useless and overly personal information and communication between Hunter and Joe and when/if Joe refuses to give it up bam! There’s the pretext for impeachment. 

2 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

That's assuming that the Senate even bothers to take it up.

Pretty easy to read that the senate must take it up, take their little oaths, and have CJJR preside. But I don’t suspect the trial would get more than 30 votes to convict. It would be an embarrassment and I suspect this is what Mitch has been telling McCarthy (a big reason I suspect that this sham impeachment has taken this long to happen)

Do It GIF by Breaking Bad

The vote would likely fail in the house, despite the GOP having a slight advantage in pure numbers.  And yeah, if the impeachment did succeed in the House, the trial in the Senate may only get 30 or so Republicans to vote to convict.  

If Clinton's impeachment and subsequent increase in popularity rating was anything of a barometer, then an impeachment of Biden would help ol' Joe as well.  At least with Clinton, an actual crime (perjury) took place. 

2 minutes ago, outsida said:

WTF has this Republican House done since the beginning of the year that could be considered productive???

That's never stopped them before in the 21st century! Fucking everything up and then pining it on "the different peoples" is pretty much what their platform is about. 

1 minute ago, ort said:

I predict that every future president is going to be impeached multiple times. This is going to be the new normal.

If the President is a Democrat, absolutely he or she gets impeached. I feel the Dems are better at picking their spots, except when they should have immediately went through impeachment proceedings after January 6th when everyone’s tempers were flaring.

2 hours ago, mclumber1 said:

The vote would likely fail in the house, despite the GOP having a slight advantage in pure numbers.  And yeah, if the impeachment did succeed in the House, the trial in the Senate may only get 30 or so Republicans to vote to convict. 

I think it depends on how the issue looks in the polls. If GOP voters want it overwhelmingly then they will likely vote unanimously. Election season is right around the corner after all.

18 minutes ago, stepee said:

Impeaching the president because of his sons’ foreign dealings, something the previous president was impeached for black mailing a foreign entity to investigate for him in order to recover support funds, is an interesting move! I support this.

Such silly theatrics. Everyone of course ignoring Trump's kids working for the White House and running Trump Org at the same time.

2 minutes ago, Reputator said:

Such silly theatrics. Everyone of course ignoring Trump's kids working for the White House and running Trump Org at the same time.

Ivanka was getting Chinese trademark patents in record time while her Dad was negotiating with them and she was in official capacity working for the white house lol 

But it was far too minor of a thing to even pretend to care about compared to everything else with Trump, this being both more minor and also all they have on Biden really just points to what a clean show he runs.

That's what's so funny, there is such a never-ending string of Trump scandals that nothing seems to really stick around, but this Joe Biden / Hunter thing just won't die.

If this exact same situation happened with Trump and one of his kids it wouldn't even crack his top 10 scandals. Hell, it might not crack the top 20. It would be like a fart in a tornado.

It would be the kind of thing that would be in the news for like a day and a half and then would only show up on bullet point lists showing all the stuff Trump had done... but you know, it's good for roughly 800 million Fox News articles.

BLOCKBUSTER HEADLINE! A congressman you've never heard of used salacious language to describe a previously-covered months old letter that we're going to present as a new news story with a weasel-worded misleading headline and a 1,000 word confusing word salad that trades clarity for inflammatory language...

rinse and repeat every other day for 6 months...

42 minutes ago, ort said:

That's what's so funny, there is such a never-ending string of Trump scandals that nothing seems to really stick around, but this Joe Biden / Hunter thing just won't die.

The reality based media rightly realized that what Hunter did was and is common practice in Washington: using your familial connection for access, real or imagined, with and to someone in government for their own monetary benefit. the right wing echo chamber rightly identifies this as a problem because it is an avenue to attack their enemies, but will offer no solution like ethics reform or even ethics reporting.  Nor any useful critique other than “Biden bad, here’s your proof!” Because they think this stuff is good, but it’s bad that the other guys do it

• Halal 1

Hunter was basically working as a lobbyist... using his name and connections to curry favor... something that is basically an entire industry in this country.

I have to imagine that this situation is not unusual at all. It would be funny if this resulted in a bunch of laws being passed to stop this sort of thing, because it would cut deep into both parties...

Do it.

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, ort said:

Hunter was basically working as a lobbyist... using his name and connections to curry favor... something that is basically an entire industry in this country.

I have to imagine that this situation is not unusual at all. It would be funny if this resulted in a bunch of laws being passed to stop this sort of thing, because it would cut deep into both parties...

Do it.

It’s very funny watching fail sons who inherited their ski doo and hot tub businesses from dear ole papa get upset about Hunter. Double so for Don Jr

8 hours ago, Jason said:

Completely unrelated I'm sure:

Screenshot_20230912_093554_Twitter.jpg

The most infuriating thing is that this fuckwit, along with Bobert and MTG have somehow become the mouthpiece to an entire party..

It will be interesting to see if the rest of the GOP toes the MAGA line on this nonsense or if they finally take a stand and vote it down (yeah i know, they will toe the party line)