Sinéad O’Connor will now eternally bedevil the papacy at age 56

4ERWPSLUXBEJLHXRGQYHXOZ2DI.jpg
WWW.IRISHTIMES.COM

The Dublin performer found worldwide fame with hit single Nothing Compares 2 U in 1990

Irish singer Sinéad O’Connor has died at the age of 56.

The acclaimed Dublin performer released 10 studio albums, while her song Nothing Compares 2 U was named the number one world single in 1990 by the Billboard Music Awards.

Ms O’Connor was presented with the inaugural award for Classic Irish Album at the RTÉ Choice Music Awards earlier this year.

The singer received a standing ovation as she dedicated the award, for I Do Not Want What I Haven’t Got, to “each and every member of Ireland’s refugee community”.

• Sad 1

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Sinéad O’Connor will now eternally bedevil the papacy at age 56
Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

Oh wow! So young!

Her 17 year-old son committed suicide last year after escaping from a psychiatric institution, so there's every possibility that her death is the result of a similar act.  Her last tweet:

Been living as undead night creature since. He was the love of my life, the lamp of my soul

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, johnny said:

when i saw this i thought she was dead already but i got her mixed up with the singer from the cranberries. RIP 

I think I did the same thing. I could have sworn she was already dead, but was probably thinking of Dolores O'Riordan

6 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Her 17 year-old son committed suicide last year after escaping from a psychiatric institution, so there's every possibility that her death is the result of a similar act.  Her last tweet:

I don’t see this tweet?

8 minutes ago, Nokra said:

None of that really bothered me because it seemed like it was a bit. What's the problem? 

Restoring a picture of a rotten Pope while Sinead O'Connor is the one who's made to be the one who did something wrong, saying he's smack some tiny girl, saying he liked Rapist Day, basically anything that was talked about.

• Halal 3

2 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Restoring a picture of a rotten Pope while Sinead O'Connor is the one who's made to be the one who did something wrong, saying he's smack some tiny girl, saying he liked Rapist Day, basically anything that was talked about.

I'll give him a pass on the Columbus day thing. The holiday was basically a gift to Italian Americans and I don't think there was any I'll intent.

The rest of it though... Oof.

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

I'll give him a pass on the Columbus day thing. The holiday was basically a gift to Italian Americans and I don't think there was any I'll intent.

The rest of it though... Oof.

I don’t think there was anything ill either with Columbus. I just think it aged badly. :p