Update: Horizon Zero Dawn remake/remaster is in development for the PS5, information is part of a leaked document of several unannounced SIE projects

Commissar SFLUFAN

horizon-zero-dawn.jpg
MP1ST.COM

Guerrilla is currently developing a Horizon Zero Dawn Remake/Remaster, as well as an online multiplayer game set in the Horizon universe.

While we just got a remake for The Last of Us, it looks like PlayStation may not be quite done with remakes just yet, as a source close to the situation who wishes not to be named has revealed to us that a Horizon Zero Dawn remake is in the works for the PS5!

If you thought The Last of Us Part 1 divided players up on whether or not a game needed a remake, prepare yourselves as it has been revealed to us that PlayStation is now remaking or remastering (details are still unclear) Horizon Zero Dawn, a game that is only five years old and had its sequel released earlier this year.

Our source didn’t elaborate whether or not this was a “built from the ground up” style of remake, however we were told that the remake features an improved lighting system (ambient occlusion, and such), overhauled textures. and better animations, with new character models to match those found in the sequel, Horizon Forbidden West. 

As posted by an industry insider on ResetERA:

The remake is real, it's like The Last of Us Part I.

I've seen it.

bye.

5 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Wait. You never played this?

I played some of it when it first came out, a little past the trial, then I did the same thing a little bit ago trying it out on deck. I skimmed through the story up to the point of the sequel then I beat that. I missed the smaller details for the first one, so I do plan to play it on deck some day, but now I’ll want to see what this ends up being.

1 hour ago, Phaseknox said:

We all know that you’re going to buy it on day one for $70. :lol:

Not a chance. I love TLOU so buying the remake was an easy choice. I'm not a big fan of the Horizon games. I litteraly had to force my way through Zero Dawn and I haven’t completed Forbidden West because I truly can't stand Aloy and that entire world they created. It feels like a chore playing Forbidden West.

This is hands down the dumbest thing I've heard in gaming in years. Here's why:

26 minutes ago, Dre801 said:

SMH.  The game is five years old, still looks great, and runs at 60FPs on PS5.   WTF?

I bought Horizon for $10.  I never played past the first 30 minutes, but was honestly planning to give it a go this year.   But now, like the TLOU remake, I’ll wait 2 years post release for this to be $10, then jump in.

I suppose there’s no reason to buy Horizon West anytime soon either.  So maybe Sony is saving me some money?   lol

20 minutes ago, johnny said:

the sad thing is they’re probably making decent money off TLOU remake 

Maybe, but at least that game is nearly a decade old lol. 

Maybe they’ve crunched the numbers and this is a good move for them. But if that’s the case it’s just kind of sad. 

I look forward to a future so packed with remakes that the people programing will be able to look across the office and see another group of folks feverishly working to remake the assets of the game they are currently making! Now that's rapid development! :sun:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

I disagree it's one of my top 3 Sony first party games ever but good lord is remaking it absolutely unnecessary.

Oh, I know I'm in the minority in my opinion of Horizon as a franchise. I gave it so many chances and even put 30 hours into Forbidden West. I feel obligated to beat it because I wasted money on it.

12 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
horizon-zero-dawn.jpg
MP1ST.COM

Guerrilla is currently developing a Horizon Zero Dawn Remake/Remaster, as well as an online multiplayer game set in the Horizon universe.

As posted by an industry insider on ResetERA:

Which insider said that? I thought it'd be threadmarked but I see nothing.

Update: this information was part of a leaked document which contains several unannounced SIE projects.

Horizon-Remaster-Rumor_10-02-22.jpg
WWW.GEMATSU.COM

Publisher Sony Interactive Entertainment and developer Guerrilla Games are currently working on a remastered version of Horizon Zero Dawn for PlayStation 5, as well as a Horizon online multiplayer…

A document featuring several announced and unannounced Sony Interactive Entertainment projects—including a remastered version of Horizon Zero Dawn for PlayStation 5, and Horizon online multiplayer project for PlayStation 5 and PC—was recently shared with Gematsu. Gematsu was able to independently verify several titles listed in the document with multiple sources familiar with their development, including the Horizon titles.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Update: Horizon Zero Dawn remake/remaster is in development for the PS5, information is part of a leaked document of several unannounced SIE projects

I've been meaning to get back into part 2 because once Elden Ring body bagged it for GOTY a week later I never went back, but Sony just keeps pissing me off while Xbox just adds shit to games pass so I don't have time to let my PS5 not collect dust. 

This is why Sony is trying so hard to block the ATB deal, they want to be able to get away with bullshit like this unchecked.