2022 Midterm Thread

57 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Michelob Ultra is my go to beer if I'm at some mainstream place or just picking up a six pack at a smaller store. I don't drink often and it's easy drinking beer. I like trying out other craft brews when I get a chance, though. Had a really great ale in Portland last month.

Was it something from Rogue breweries? 

0217dd3e-ff5e-4fbe-9b72-9b4716d39edc-lar
OKCFOX.COM

New polling from Oklahoma-based political consulting firm Ascend Action shows a close gubenetorial race just weeks ahead of November's midterm elections.

I wouldn't believe this poll. Oklahoma is redder than my state of Texas. Every county went to Trump both times.

7 minutes ago, CastletonSnob said:
OKCFOX.COM

New polling from Oklahoma-based political consulting firm Ascend Action shows a close gubenetorial race just weeks ahead of November's midterm elections.

I wouldn't believe this poll. Oklahoma is redder than my state of Texas. Every county went to Trump both times.

RGA is putting money into this race, it’s real. He’s probably going to win but his mismanagement of the state means if he wins or loses he will do so by massively underperforming the two senate races OK has this year. It’s not partisan, it’s personal. 

1 hour ago, CastletonSnob said:
OKCFOX.COM

GOP has a way of running their states right into the ground to the point where even republicans vote for a democrat to get rid of them.  

I've got my ballot now for NV.  Most of the GOP candidates are trash, so I'll likely be voting the Democratic candidates, unless there is a compelling third party candidate for a particular office.  I also plan on voting yes on an initiative to open up the primaries in the state, as they are currently closed to party members. 

• Halal 2

8 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Geezus H Krist, Democrats need to be running this video nationwide NOW:

My one cousin is currently pregnant with her second child.  However, this is actually her fourth pregnancy.  One pregnancy ended in a chemical miscarriage, and her third was an abortion.  From what I was told, the fetus inside no longer had a heartbeat, and would likely result in a miscarriage at any given time.

I'm so glad Shapiro is doing well in the polls, and PA likely won't implement draconian abortion laws that would make her a criminal.

Now if only Fetterman can hold off Dr. Oz...

• Hugs 1

26 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I voted today...for the one House race on the ballot.

My ballot includes a ton of judicial elections it's basically impossible to get good information for, and a bajillion ballot initiatives at the local, county, and state levels, including yet another dialysis proposition.

20220301-173A5605-1500x1000.jpg
WWW.HOUSTONPUBLICMEDIA.ORG

In a letter sent Tuesday to Harris County's elections administrator, the Texas Secretary of State's Office said it and the Texas Attorney General's Office will dispatch inspectors, security trainers and legal advisors to the county during the upcoming midterm election.

Beto isn't so sure that Abbott will accept the results of the election in November.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article267476573.html

THIS is what I'm talking about when I say criticizing people who live in states with heavy voter suppression for not being able to vote their politicians out is essentially victim blaming, and why "Just vote harder, guys!" isn't a real solution.

21 minutes ago, CastletonSnob said:

Beto isn't so sure that Abbott will accept the results of the election in November.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article267476573.html

THIS is what I'm talking about when I say criticizing people who live in states with heavy voter suppression for not being able to vote their politicians out is essentially victim blaming, and why "Just vote harder, guys!" isn't a real solution.

Lol beto wasn't winning anyway.