2022 Midterm Thread

2 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

I felt that way about a local election and it feels great 

Same. When I was getting all that hateful transphobic campaign mail from the Barbie running for my state rep, I wanted to see her defeated. And she did by a large margin! The D incumbent won her first election in 2020 by something like 26 votes. This time she won by over 1100. 

• Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

8 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Does anyone actually believe democrats changed the mind of, or even mildly influenced, even one republicans primary voter?

No.  And why should they?  Fuck them.  Fuck this reaching across the aisle bullshit.  The only reaching the Dems should do is dragging the GOP kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

• True 2
  • Hugs 1

13 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Does anyone actually believe democrats changed the mind of, or even mildly influenced, even one republicans primary voter?

Like Liz Cheney is right there as a counter factual

The middle doesn’t exist anymore. It’s all about turning out your own base and for Democrats that is Gen Z and millennials. Hopefully Dems recognize that after this midterm.

• Like 1
  • True 1

1 minute ago, osxmatt said:

The middle doesn’t exist anymore. It’s all about turning out your own base and for Democrats that is Gen Z and millennials. Hopefully Dems recognize that after this midterm.

My gf is the middle and voted straight democratic. She’s not alone even in Florida.

They’re there, even if your points are also true about turnout. I’m very curious about the youth numbers this year.

AP20269061560469.jpg?w=640
WWW.DENVERPOST.COM

The final stretch of a presidential campaign is typically a nonstop mix of travel, caffeine and adrenaline. But as the worst pandemic in a century bears down on the United States, Joe Biden is taki…

The Party Chair of the Texas Democratic Party said that Biden not traveling because of COVID was "a pretty lame excuse".

THIS is the person in charge of the Texas Democratic Party. And you wonder why Democrats can't win elections in Texas.

• True 1

12 minutes ago, CastletonSnob said:
AP20269061560469.jpg?w=640
WWW.DENVERPOST.COM

The final stretch of a presidential campaign is typically a nonstop mix of travel, caffeine and adrenaline. But as the worst pandemic in a century bears down on the United States, Joe Biden is taki…

The Party Chair of the Texas Democratic Party said that Biden not traveling because of COVID was "a pretty lame excuse".

THIS is the person in charge of the Texas Democratic Party. And you wonder why Democrats can't win elections in Texas.

Nah. TX Dems actually did a terrible job getting Collier and Garza's names out there. 

8 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Nah. TX Dems actually did a terrible job getting Collier and Garza's names out there. 

Beto ran again because he's the ONLY big name they have.

The Texas Democratic Party is SO BAD at developing candidates. I don't know if they're EVER going to get their shit together.

• Halal 2

2 minutes ago, CastletonSnob said:

Beto ran again because he's the ONLY big name they have.

The Texas Democratic Party is SO BAD at developing candidates. I don't know if they're EVER going to get their shit together.

You don't need a big name to run for ANYTHING. Greg Abbott was AG in Texas and if you polled voters who their current AG is immediately after they finished casting their ballot with the incumbent's name right there, 90% of them wouldn't be able to tell you.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I don’t know why, but I have an overwhelming desire to see Kari Lake defeated in AZ. I mean, yeah, she’s awful, but I’m especially invested in that particular race for some reason. 

me too… maybe its the air of smugness and superiority that she projects..

confidence is one thing but she has an air about her

• True 1

1 hour ago, Jason said:

NYT has Boebert up by less than 1k votes?

Idk what’s happening but I’m edging this one out until the end. If there is one thing I have absolutely not been able to stand it’s Boebert and MTG squawking bullshit nonsense into the public sphere. 

• True 1

3 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Absolutely not in the least.

It was an incredibly dangerous, irresponsible, foolhardy, bone-headed, stupid gambit that could've had absolutely disastrous consequences had luck -- and make no mistake that luck played a huge role in it -- gone the other way.

It should absolutely never be even remotely considered again, and anyone who suggests it should be dragged into the streets and summarily executed.

I know a Trump zealot that was aware of this and the fact these trump candidates lost has him questioning his support for Trump!! This is a big deal. This guy would have marched on the capital had he been there. 

It was still a horrible idea and should never be done again, but between the vote in Florida and these results, Trump is losing some support amongst the GOP. I don’t think it’ll be enough, but I’ll take it. 

1 hour ago, S3xB0t said:

Idk what’s happening but I’m edging this one out until the end. If there is one thing I have absolutely not been able to stand it’s Boebert and MTG squawking bullshit nonsense into the public sphere. 

Oh, they wouldn't be going anywhere if they lost. Not Boebert. She's nice to look at. Fox will put her on a couch with a couple of other girls, all in short dresses, and let them babble while they cross and uncross their legs.

5 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

OH FOR THE SAKE OF SHIVA, VISHNU, AND KALI!

I AM SO GODDAMNED SICK AND TIRED OF HEARING ABOUT GODDAMNED TEXAS TO THE POINT WHERE I WISH IT WOULD STAY GODDAMNED RED FOR GODDAMNED FOREVER!

STOP!  PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, STOP!

I hear that

Spoiler

Everything is bigger in Texas

:o

3 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Any word on AZ or NV?

Taniel
@Taniel
️Lead change in Nevada: Democrat Cisco Aguilar is now ahead of Republican Jim Marchant for secretary of state.

Marchant is arguably *THE* election denier of the cycle: he played a leading role in organizing election deniers all around the country to run for these offices.

Cortez Masto carries today's batch of mail ballots from CLARK COUNTY by 27%. (It's less than yesterday's batch, which was +36%, though I think based on my rough spreadsheets it's still a tad more than she needs.)

Good news!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Taniel
@Taniel
️Lead change in Nevada: Democrat Cisco Aguilar is now ahead of Republican Jim Marchant for secretary of state.

Marchant is arguably *THE* election denier of the cycle: he played a leading role in organizing election deniers all around the country to run for these offices.

Cortez Masto carries today's batch of mail ballots from CLARK COUNTY by 27%. (It's less than yesterday's batch, which was +36%, though I think based on my rough spreadsheets it's still a tad more than she needs.)

Good news!

Come on I want to stop edging already!!!