Another mass killing, this time at a medical center.

6 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

It’s something that’s definitely crossed my mind more than once in my career. When is a hospital gonna be hit by one of these sickos. 

I feel like I’ve heard of a couple of shootings at hospitals, just seems like we haven’t gotten one with a truly crazy casualty rate. Which is an absurd sentence to even write. 

• True 1

Was it 14-17 shooter incidents just over Memorial Day weekend?

Thankfully the NRA and GOP already have identified the cause of all this.. Im sure these are all false flag operations with actors and the media staging events to justify the taking of our weapons

14 minutes ago, chakoo said:

I think you work in tech? If so Canada is not a bad option but also look into ireland.

Yeah I’ve been doing product management for a long time. I’d consider Canada too. I just hope the proximity to the US doesn’t infect Canada with our levels of crazy 

The GTA region is currently in the midst of some bad violent carjackings. Some are following people to their homes or parking lot spots, and then robbing them by gunpoint. Besides that, it’s a pretty great place to be and grow your own weed(in most provinces)

11 hours ago, Comet said:

*continues research on acquiring EU work visa*

Moving to the EU is hard unless you're rich or some kind of science-y person. You have a masters, right? It might work for you. For normal folk, it isn't an option. Though my little brother lives in Edinburgh right now, and it got me thinking that I haven't seen how immigration to the UK has changed since they left the EU. My guess is they have relaxed policies from "good" (white) nations and hardened policies against "bad" (brown) nations, since a huge portion of their unskilled labor pool got booted out after Brexit.

Then again, I'm actually thinking about moving to Mexico next year. Moving to Mexico isn't hard. I also work a job I can do anywhere and don't make a lot of money anyway, so it's whatever.

The same party that is actively anti-teacher, anti-public education, and all up in the assholes of what teachers can and cannot say is eager to put guns in teachers hands. These fuckers are absolutely demented and people who support the second amendment but who aren't lunatics need to start seriously interrogating the cost of their allegiance to guns.

• True 1
  • Halal 3

And my wife’s family asks “Why won’t you move back to Ohio? [my name] can work from home and you can get a teaching job!”

Also my wife’s family “teachers should have guns and trump is amazing “

” wait why aren’t you moving back here????”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

Moving to the EU is hard unless you're rich or some kind of science-y person. You have a masters, right? It might work for you. For normal folk, it isn't an option. Though my little brother lives in Edinburgh right now, and it got me thinking that I haven't seen how immigration to the UK has changed since they left the EU. My guess is they have relaxed policies from "good" (white) nations and hardened policies against "bad" (brown) nations, since a huge portion of their unskilled labor pool got booted out after Brexit.

Then again, I'm actually thinking about moving to Mexico next year. Moving to Mexico isn't hard. I also work a job I can do anywhere and don't make a lot of money anyway, so it's whatever.

I do have a masters but it’s not relevant in my career whatsoever. I’ve done some research on this stuff and it really comes down to having a decent job from an employer within the country you’re targeting. From there residency visas aren’t toooo bad to come by (and citizenship usually results after living there 4-8 years on average) but this is still coming from a position of privilege as you stated. 

As for Mexico, I have Mexican nationality so I’ve also looked into it. There are some amazing ex-pat communities I’ve been to as well. Your bang for your buck can certainly go far down there and you have amazing healthcare. So many of Mexico's doctors are American trained, it’s sort of stunning. 

1 hour ago, Comet said:

I do have a masters but it’s not relevant in my career whatsoever. I’ve done some research on this stuff and it really comes down to having a decent job from an employer within the country you’re targeting. From there residency visas aren’t toooo bad to come by (and citizenship usually results after living there 4-8 years on average) but this is still coming from a position of privilege as you stated. 

As for Mexico, I have Mexican nationality so I’ve also looked into it. There are some amazing ex-pat communities I’ve been to as well. Your bang for your buck can certainly go far down there and you have amazing healthcare. So many of Mexico's doctors are American trained, it’s sort of stunning. 

Right, but in the EU you have to find an employer that's willing to go to bat for you. They have to provide reasons for why they're hiring you instead of a European. Which means you either have to know someone who's willing to do you a favor or have a skill they can't get locally, otherwise they won't bother with the hassle