Buffalo white supremacist terrorist attack update: authorities investigating whether a retired federal agent had advance knowledge of plan

05142022shooting1.jpg
BNONEWS.COM

UPDATE: The death toll has risen to 10, according to the Buffalo News. “It’s like walking onto a horror movie, but everything is real,” a police officer at the scene was quoted as saying. A recently retired...

A 106-page online manifesto, believed to have been uploaded by the shooter, explained that he was motivated by a conspiracy theory that white people are being replaced by other races. In the document, he says he is 18 years old and a self-described white supremacist and anti-semite.

• Sad 4

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Breaking: at least 10 murdered in Buffalo, NY supermarket by white supremacist terrorist who livestreamed the atrocity on Twitch

People are just going to get crazier and more violent as we get closer to these midterms. Plus the Republicans will find something else to blame this massacre on, and say it’s thanks to the Democrats. Thank god we have the Supreme Court taking up that gun law challenge from New York State. They’ll clear these things up for their fellow Americans on whether they should prepare for another Civil War or not. 

21 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Repeal the second

I've said before, repealing the second is probably impossible, but there is clear legal precedence for discussion on what it means by "arms." You can buy a flint lock pistol, but you can't walk down to wal mart and buy TNT because the government made that illegal with a quickness, so clearly there is a line somewhere in the middle that was never defined.

Judging by legal precedence, the "right to bear arms" does not mean the right to bear ANY arm. Otherwise people would be allowed to own their own bombs. Now that we have established that "arms" is open to introduce, that's how you say that things like semi auto guns aren't allowed.

Or just make owning C4 legal and see what happens, either way. I don't like logical inconsistencies, despite the fact that I definitely have some. Brb gonna kill myself.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Even if the second was repealed somehow right at this instant, the right would start worshipping guns (openly) and having them would be a closely held sincere religious belief and they’d still get to keep them for that reason. 

The gun culture we have today is a direct result of the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban.  

Just now, mclumber1 said:

The gun culture we have today is a direct result of the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban.  

It stretches back many decades prior to that when the NRA was taken over by gun fetish people.

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Even if the second was repealed somehow right at this instant, the right would start worshipping guns (openly) and having them would be a closely held sincere religious belief and they’d still get to keep them for that reason. 

Conservatives think they're goddamned Mandalorians; "weapons are part of my religion". 

20 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

d2d.jpg

Do not trust the legal opinions of either people included in the linked tweets. Removing acts of violence from your platform is decidedly not viewpoint discrimination, including under the language of the law in question.

3 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Do not trust the legal opinions of either people included in the linked tweets. Removing acts of violence from your platform is decidedly not viewpoint discrimination, including under the language of the law in question.

oh my sweet summer child

2 hours ago, Jason said:

white replacement theory is mainstream GOP politics now

:lol:us-rep-elise-stefanik.webp?w=1600&h=900&
WWW.NEWSWEEK.COM

"She couches the hate in alarmist, anti-immigrant rhetoric that's become standard fare for the party of Donald Trump," the Times Union editorial said.

"Now?" EDIT: :lol:

3 hours ago, sblfilms said:

He's referring to the Dem that tried to amend the bill to allow platforms to block content created by or in support of terrorists and/or acts of terrorism that was shot down by Republicans.

I guess it comes down to whether you believe a terrorist live streaming their acts of terrorism counts as promotion. I think that's a pretty simple yes.