Hogwarts Legacy - Information Thread, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

Brian

• 1 month later...

Yeah these guys look like they actually care about the source material. I do hope the game is simple enough to grasp for casual gamers though. My wife played the shit out of one of the 360 games (I think it was order of the Phoenix) and she'd be all over this.

I will too, but I'm not worried about me.

On 7/22/2022 at 6:18 PM, best3444 said:

What do you mean? 

On 7/23/2022 at 11:20 AM, Mercury33 said:

He means not overly complicated or systems heavy so that super casual Harry Potter fans can also play it. 

Yeah, pretty much that lol. The HP game my wife liked had some simple motions for the spells but didn't have skill trees or stats or any of that kind of stuff. If they do have skills and levels, it'll be nice if it gives an auto level function so she doesn't have to worry about it.

• Halal 1

hogwarts-lwgacy-e1658612645997.jpeg
MP1ST.COM

The Hogwarts Legacy's different editio items included have been leaked! Collector's and Deluxe editions give 72-hour early access and more.

Hogwarts Legacy, the upcoming Harry Potter RPG game from Avalanche Software, has its different editions seemingly leaked before the official announcement, as Reddit user BattleDashBR managed to activate the displays on the game’s official site, which revealed all the information about the multiple editions coming to the game on day one, and what perks they include.

The three editions include Collector’s Edition, Deluxe Edition, and Standard Edition. Here’s a rundown of all the editions and what they include.

Collector’s Edition:

• Base Game
  • Thestral Mount
  • Dark Arts Cosmetic Pack
  • Dark Arts Battle Arena
  • Dark Arts Garrison Hat
  • 72 Hours Early Access to the Game
  • Kelpie Robe
  • Steel Case
  • Floating Ancient Magic Wand with Book

Deluxe Edition:

• Base Game
  • Thestral Mount
  • Dark Arts Cosmetic Pack
  • Dark Arts Battle Arena
  • Dark Arts Garrison Hat (Digital Deluxe Only)
  • 72 Hours Early Access to the Game (Digital Deluxe Only)
  • Kelpie Robe

Standard Edition:

• Base Game

hogwarts-legacy-different-editions.jpg

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Hogwarts Legacy (Holiday 2022) - update: contents of Collector's and Deluxe Editions potentially leaked
    • 3 weeks later...
    • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Hogwarts Legacy (PC/Xbox/PlayStation - 10 February 2023, Switch - "later") - update: 10 February 2023 release announced for PC/Xbox/PlayStation
    • 2 weeks later...
    • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Hogwarts Legacy (PC/Xbox/PlayStation - 10 February 2023, Switch - "later") - update: "Sebastian Sallow's Dark Legacy" Trailer
    • 3 months later...
    • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Hogwarts Legacy (PC/Xbox/PlayStation - 10 February 2023, Switch - "later") - update: "Gameplay Showcase I" (46 minutes) and "Gameplay Showcase II" (34 minutes)

I only skimmed through the videos but it definitely looked next-gen. Finally starting to see the power of these consoles take off starting next year.

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So... I know NOTHING about Harry Potter. Have never read any of the books are seen any of the movies. Can a complete ignormaus like me enjoy this game? IS it canon? Where does it take place in the story?

Same. I never seen or read anything Harry Potter. I'm still very interested in this game. I'll really take a look at the videos at some point.

• Guillotine 1

16 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So... I know NOTHING about Harry Potter. Have never read any of the books are seen any of the movies. Can a complete ignormaus like me enjoy this game? IS it canon? Where does it take place in the story?

Did you watch Wednesday? It’s just the same thing as that 

• True 1

17 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Its a hundred years before the books, and it's its own story 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I'm pumped (I have a deathly hallows tattoo which should illustrate how much I love HP), but I can't help but think this game will be a train wreck for some reason

Gameplay demos have been incredible, and they are very happy to show them so far. It really looks like the HP game everyone always wanted.

• Halal 1

14 minutes ago, stepee said:

Did you watch Wednesday? It’s just the same thing as that 

Nope. Didn't watch Wednesday so this post is absolutely useless as far as my question goes....

:troll:

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I'm pumped (I have a deathly hallows tattoo which should illustrate how much I love HP), but I can't help but think this game will be a train wreck for some reason

As the one person here who actually played the studios previous games (disney infinity series and Toy Story 3) I actually am quite fond of those and they were well designed for what they were so I have confidence in them tackling a bigger more AAA production here.

• Halal 1

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I honestly wonder how much they’re even thinking about non-fans with this one. I mean, you would hope it’ll be mechanically and narratively solid enough that it’s a good game regardless of the setting. But there’s gotta be millions of easy marks out there (like me) that pretty much just want that sweet sweet fan service. :p

I was always a few years older than the prime Potter crowd, but I did see the movies. I’m not someone who cares what house they’d be in, but what I’ve seen from the game so far is very impressive. They showed off a whole lot of stuff I know I have zero interest in, like pets and customizing your room, but even still it seems there will be plenty for an extremely casual fan to enjoy. Hopefully it turns out as well as it looks.

12 hours ago, TwinIon said:

I was always a few years older than the prime Potter crowd, but I did see the movies. I’m not someone who cares what house they’d be in, but what I’ve seen from the game so far is very impressive. They showed off a whole lot of stuff I know I have zero interest in, like pets and customizing your room, but even still it seems there will be plenty for an extremely casual fan to enjoy. Hopefully it turns out as well as it looks.

Yep. I feel the same way but it really did look impressive what they showcased. If they feel confident enough to show that much content I'm feeling pretty good this will end up excellent. I too was a bit older for the Harry Potter stuff as I turn 41 at the end of the month. 

1 hour ago, SuperSpreader said:

I don't know how someone could have missed Harry Potter. Unless you were in jail or on drugs .. oh.

I personally was too old for it at the time. It never interested me like the LOTR did around that time. I understand it's very popular and quality stuff but I'll never see or read any of it. Thankfully the game is not based on any stories from the books and movies.