Where are you at with child production?

Fizzzzle

5 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Definitely interesting that he said that. I guess it's possible to be with a mother and not involve myself with the children. It just seems like an asshole move though. IDK.

Dynamics with the kids are different for everyone. One of my exes' baby daddy literally forbade my ex from bringing me around while the kid was around. Not for any reason on my end, he was just insecure about me becoming new daddy. The other one kind of got dangerously close to like "you'll babysit my kid on your days off, right?" kind of territory. Homie don't play that.

1 hour ago, Rachel said:

No wonder you like being a parent lol 

edit: wait… is Juanita your wife’s name? I have been under the impression that your wife and Juanita are two different people. Am I incorrect?

Juanita is indeed my wife 😊

I would love to be a mother one day. I just love kids so much and my friends with kids say that watching me interact with their children make it very obvious to them that I want to be a parent someday. But currently I'm very, very single and not in a good financial situation to be taking care of anyone other than myself. My goal is to turn it around by age 40 and hopefully by then I'm not too old to have children.

15 hours ago, best3444 said:

Definitely interesting that he said that. I guess it's possible to be with a mother and not involve myself with the children. It just seems like an asshole move though. IDK.

my stepdad was never really a "parent" to me. He would drive me places when I needed to go somewhere and cook food for everybody, but he never disciplined me or took on the role of a father. He was more like a friend I could hang out with at home and would tell me not to do stupid shit lol. 

1 hour ago, johnny said:

my stepdad was never really a "parent" to me. He would drive me places when I needed to go somewhere and cook food for everybody, but he never disciplined me or took on the role of a father. He was more like a friend I could hang out with at home and would tell me not to do stupid shit lol. 

That's still too much for me to handle. I don't want anything to do with the children and to find a woman that is ok with that is a one and a million shot imo. 

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

That's still too much for me to handle. I don't want anything to do with the children and to find a woman that is ok with that is a one and a million shot imo. 

Understandable. Sounds like you need to find somebody that doesn't have kids or their kids are adults. 

9 minutes ago, johnny said:

Understandable. Sounds like you need to find somebody that doesn't have kids or their kids are adults. 

It's been a bitch on the dating app I'm on which isn't the greatest (plenty o fish). All the women that send me messages and "like me" have kids (35 yrs+). Then if I look for 25yr olds I'm considered a pedophile by @Rachel

• Shocked 1

I don’t need to worry about kids because I’m an incel so no chance of me getting anyone pregnant. But with that said, if I were a normal guy no way would I want a kid/kids. I’m too selfish and love to buy myself stuff. I would resent a kid taking not only my money but my free time as well. Wow when I write it into words I’m really a horrible piece of shit lol. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

One child at the moment. 16 month old girl and she’s the best - though with parenting and working, life does get very tiring.

That age is tough. Feels like mostly just surviving. It definitely gets better!

My wife and I have been together since we were pretty young and neither of us have ever really wanted to have kids. Both of our families would be very happy if we were to have kids, I think we'd make pretty good parents, and we make enough money that it wouldn't be an undue financial burden, but as long as our desire isn't there, none of that really matters.

We're now up to six nieces, and that is more than enough interaction with children for me.

2 hours ago, Rachel said:

I don’t think that’s horrible at all. I feel the exact same way. 

What’s really horrible is feeling like that and reproducing anyway, and then being a shitty parent to someone who never even asked to be here. 

I literally almost posted this exactly.

48 minutes ago, Rachel said:

I have a niece and nephew. And it’s nice. I get to watch some kids I’m genetically close to grow and have a relationship with them, without being a parent. I love being an aunt but I don’t want to be a parent. 

Same. I've been an uncle since the age of 9 and I have 12 nephews and nieces and that has been plenty of children in my life. A majority of them are adults now anyway. I was like a father figure to my one nephew groing up. That's absolutely the closest I'll ever get in being a parent.

My son is 9 and daughter is 7.  We're definitely done. Once both kids were over like 6 years old I feel like I started getting some of my free time back. And by free time I mean more moments here and there where everybody is totally occupied and I'm not needed every 5 minutes. They sleep in till about 8-8:30am on weekends! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...