The Whole Goddamned Planet is getting ready for a fucking monster fire/flood/hurricane/typhoon/drought season

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jason said:

RIP @Fizzzzle and @Nokra

WWAM2CQ6I5HXDKTFTUEQRD5GHI.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Parts of the Pacific Northwest may reach daily averages up to 30 degrees above normal that could pose health problems this early in the warm season.

My apartment has air-conditioning. checkmate, earthcucks.

But in all seriousness, it is 90 degrees right now, whereas two weeks ago it was in the 40s and 50s and we hadn't seen the sun in six months. :silly:

3 hours ago, Jason said:

RIP @Fizzzzle and @Nokra

WWAM2CQ6I5HXDKTFTUEQRD5GHI.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Parts of the Pacific Northwest may reach daily averages up to 30 degrees above normal that could pose health problems this early in the warm season.

We've had a very cold and rainy winter and are apparently skipping spring entirely and jumping straight to summer.

• True 1

51 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

and hooooolllyyy shit am I glad I brought baby powder

I'm :sadsun: that talc powder causes cancer, I had this amazing powder (Columbia Powder) and I think the whole talcum powder cancer thing applied to them as well (either that or the reputational thing with talcum powder killed them) because it's impossible to find now. :sadsun:

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I'm :sadsun: that talc powder causes cancer, I had this amazing powder (Columbia Powder) and I think the whole talcum powder cancer thing applied to them as well (either that or the reputational thing with talcum powder killed them) because it's impossible to find now. :sadsun:

It would have cost you nothing to not tell me that and let me get cancer with dry buttcheeks

• 2 weeks later...

My work environment look like disaster movie with scientists all press to the 3rd floor obseration glass to witness the ominous red and grey sky as welders shot sparks as they ground down points on the central staircase.  This was the backdrop for the National Science Foundation tour, as they picked today to visit. It was, dystopic, dreary, and yet I had to keep it upbeat and entertain a dozen vistors! Good thing I brought the big thermos of coffee today! :sun: 

The worst part is that today we're not getting like any sun so its not warming up at all, so while its supposed to be in the 70s, its still only 50 degrees at 9:30.  Yesterday it warmed up into the 70s before the smoke showed up and dropped into the 60s by the early after noon cause of it.

PXL_20230607_133223810.jpg?width=1083&he

We never really had a sunrise this morning where I am because of the smoke. Looks pretty smokey right now, and so we’re running our AC to help filter out the bad shit. Think the weather network said it will stick around until tomorrow night, weekend looking good,  and then we return to this shit again on Monday. 

32 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:
230607-puerto-rico-heat-mn-1620-b20cd4.p
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

“It’s not just climate and it’s not just weather, it’s a combination of the two that’s leading to what, frankly, is a dangerous situation,” said meteorologist...

Keep in mind, this is an El Nino year, so expect more things like this 

Sounds like a problem from the president of Puerto Rico.

9 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

The worst part is that today we're not getting like any sun so its not warming up at all, so while its supposed to be in the 70s, its still only 50 degrees at 9:30.  Yesterday it warmed up into the 70s before the smoke showed up and dropped into the 60s by the early after noon cause of it.

PXL_20230607_133223810.jpg?width=1083&he

The sky reminds me of the fires we had in Oregon back in September 2020.