The Whole Goddamned Planet is getting ready for a fucking monster fire/flood/hurricane/typhoon/drought season

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:
20220611_191550-0-_wide-3cff6c00977b915a
WWW.NPR.ORG

The company that makes Sriracha told customers it will have to stop making the sauce for the next few months due to "severe weather conditions affecting the quality of...

Huy Fong had a chile pepper grower in California, who's had no growing disruption, but the owner tried to screw them. Then he lost and had to pay like double what they sued for because of damages. And now they sell their own sriracha. 

Also the guy in the picture is the owner of my favorite DC pho spot. :daydream:

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Temps hit 152F (67C) in the Middle-East:

7SKSJX7FDD4R6EJRVJ3PNMDN74_size-normaliz
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Death Valley, Calif., recently hit 128 degrees. On Sunday on the Persian Gulf, the heat index surpassed 150 degrees.

Once again I’m ahead of the curve

journalists are bad at their job and I’m good at posting, tyvm

• Hugs 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Canadian wildfires continue to spread. The city of Yellowknife (capital of Northwest Territories) is under an evacuation order. The entire city. There is only one highway out, and the airport, and military have been deployed to various settlements in the NWT to assist.

The BC city of Kelowna has a massive fire around it and across the lake:

RHquyOI.jpg

iB2hDat.png

The fire has jumped the lake a few times into the city itself, but those have been put out.

• Sad 2
  • Shocked 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, marioandsonic said:
idalia-1_wide-23cef2c7b5c587768f7d27ba05
WWW.NPR.ORG

Forecasters say the storm is expected to intensify as it moves north over the Gulf of Mexico, but it's still unclear how strong it will be and what path...

Yesterday i saw they were projecting a cat 2, now they're saying probably 3, thats some warm water its going over.

On 8/27/2023 at 3:42 PM, marioandsonic said:
idalia-1_wide-23cef2c7b5c587768f7d27ba05
WWW.NPR.ORG

Forecasters say the storm is expected to intensify as it moves north over the Gulf of Mexico, but it's still unclear how strong it will be and what path...

gettyimages-1458884338_wide-9231a49bd356
WWW.NPR.ORG

Florida officials reported "potentially widespread" diesel contamination in gasoline in the Tampa area Saturday, raising alarm that car engines and power generators could break as the storm...

23 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:
gettyimages-1458884338_wide-9231a49bd356
WWW.NPR.ORG

Florida officials reported "potentially widespread" diesel contamination in gasoline in the Tampa area Saturday, raising alarm that car engines and power generators could break as the storm...

But I thought only EVs run out of power mid-evacuation!

Figured this was a good place to talk about it. The Burning Man protest, of all the places to protest/impede travel you pick a fucking reservation. Stupid choice guys.

E3UR3AFMSJMQ3BJVL5NJYBNXPQ.jpg
WWW.KOLOTV.COM

A video showing the incident has been viewed 2.3 million times since being posted to Twitter Sunday and shows a ranger using his truck to plow through a barricade set up by the protestors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
7 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Happy New Year!

WWW.CNN.COM

A 7.5 magnitude earthquake struck western Japan on Monday afternoon, triggering a tsunami warning, according to the United States Geological Survey and the Japan Meteorological Agency.

2024 coming out the gate hard. (Anxiety about Trump winning rising.)

• True 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Brian said:
ABCNEWS.GO.COM

Hurricane experts are debating adding a Category 6 on the current scale to highlight the increasing possibility of stronger storms as ocean waters continue to warm.

Didn’t they create the Category 6 storm in the first season of Loki? Seems right to do so with the increasing intensity of the storms. I don’t think I’ve seen any more than 10cm total since November. Some places in Texas have seen more snow than what I’ve seen all this season