~*The Capitol Hill Beer Belly Putsch Official Thread*~

2 minutes ago, chakoo said:

It's interesting the representatives are still keeping up the objections but all senators have dropped their support even though 9 supported the objections to arizona vote. You would think a few of them would still keep this bullshit up. 

They want it over with, most know its a lost cause.

1 hour ago, Ricofoley said:
0*XszewWs2RigH2ebf.jpg
INDICA.MEDIUM.COM

You’ve already lost. This is what Americans need to understand

People who've actually lived through coups had this shit figured out early. More people should listen next time.

If we somehow don't continue to crumble, this should be a high priority for change.

Think about it. Your system gives the loser all the power and guns for two whole months. Almost every modern democracy changes power the next day, to avoid the very situation you’re in.

5 minutes ago, chakoo said:

It's interesting the representatives are still keeping up the objections but all senators have dropped their support even though 9 supported the objections to arizona vote. You would think a few of them would still keep this bullshit up. 

I think they worked this out as a compromise to keep things moving. This is the thing that happened in 2000--a bunch of House Dems objected but no Senators ever did. I remember it from the beginning of Fahrenheit 9/11. Michael Moore treated it as like, "If only one Senator spoke up, we could have been rid of Bush!" but I think it was a compromise worked out ahead of time in that case too.

10 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

If we somehow don't continue to crumble, this should be a high priority for change.

Here's another good read on the same topic....

This must be your first.

On the evening of September 11, 1980, my mom was approached by a neighbor who held rank in the Turkish military. He told her to stock up on bread and rice. “Oh, another coup,” she immediately groaned. The neighbor was aghast—he wasn’t supposed to tell anyone what was coming. But my mom, of course, had immediately understood what his advice must have meant. Turkey is the land of coups; this was neither the first nor the last coup it would face.

Over three decades later, I walked up to a counter in Antalya Airport to tell a disbelieving airline employee that our flight would shortly be canceled because the tanks being reported in the streets of Istanbul meant that a coup attempt was under way.* It must be a military exercise, she shrugged. Some routine transport of troops, perhaps? If so, I asked her, where is the prime minister? Why isn’t he on TV to tell us that? Another woman approached the counter. “This must be your first,” she said to the young woman behind the counter, who was still shaking her head. “It’s my fourth.”

10 hours ago, TwinIon said:

It's insane to me that they got this far. We've seen such extreme police responses over the last year for people protesting in parks or on streets, and these guys manage to storm the freaking capital building?

The reason for the differing response isn't a mystery, but seeing such a stark difference is still shocking.

The only insane thing about this is that this should have happened years earlier TO REMOVE TRUMP.

Look how easy it is!

Sort of crossing over but he was on the house floor voting tonight.

2 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

You inspired me. I emailed both my Senators asking that they support the impeachment of Trump and expulsion of Hawley and Cruz.

Oh shit and look at that:

Funny enough he isn't even my Senator, so I assume when I filled out my Indiana address the message immediately went to his junk/trash folder.

But now I'm in the process of emailing every other 99 of these fuckers.