~*The Capitol Hill Beer Belly Putsch Official Thread*~

Getting through this thread was exhausting. Looking at the photos from the insurrection filled me with a lot of emotions. I still don’t know what the prevailing one is. Probably anger, maybe disgust? Definitely sadness thrown in, too. 

Fuck Trump, fuck the GOP, and fuck all these dangerous idiots today. This country is fucked. 

9 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Getting through this thread was exhausting. Looking at the photos from the insurrection filled me with a lot of emotions. I still don’t know what the prevailing one is. Probably anger, maybe disgust? Definitely sadness thrown in, too. 

Fuck Trump, fuck the GOP, and fuck all these dangerous idiots today. This country is fucked. 

There's a way for this country to unfuck itself, but it will take Democrats growing a backbone and taking punitive measures for once:

• Impeach Trump right now. Tonight.
  • Expel Hawley and Cruz. If Republican senators don't go along with yet, do it again and again everyday. Strip bare their treason in front of the nation.
  • Prosecute all the terrorists who attacked our democracy tonight.
  • Disbar every one of Trump's lawyers. Those who broke the law get prosecuted.
  • And every single member of Trump's administration who broke the law needs to be prosecuted.

No "healing." No "forgiving." Democrats have been letting Republicans get away with serious crimes since Iran-Contra. No more. Throw the fuckers in jail.

Spoiler

GIF by Giffffr

This is one of those times where it seems obvious how we got here, but it's still disappointing in retrospect. It's like the fable of the frog being slowly boiled in water.

Republicans were not this fucking crazy in 2015. Most Republicans I know thought Trump was a poisonous frog. Now he's their fucking savior. When you think about it, it makes sense how we got here. It started with one phrase: "fake news." That's all it took. The president of the United States (well, he started it before that, but still) telling his supporters to not trust any media that wasn't approved by him. The media can't be trusted unless I say so. "Drain the swamp." Politicians are all corrupt, but not me of course, unless I say so.

4.5-5 years of telling people not to believe anything unless it comes out of his mouth. It's not surprising that we ended up with a legion of people legitimately believing that the government is a cabal of lizard people pedophiles. It's like the world's most fucked up game of telephone, and some of those people are actually in fucking Congress now.

I don't know what to do about it. We have to get back to a point where we can all look at the sky and agree it's blue. But that requires undoing the last 5 years of Trump and the last fucking 40 years of Rupert Murdoch. I don't know how we do that.

Stephen Colber interviewing Amy Klobuchar. For the most part the interview is just waffling, but at one point Stephen asks her if the people responsible for this should face criminal charges, she said "we know who did it, we have their faces on camera." He says "I'm not talking about them, those people are just ignorant, I'm talking about the people who fomented it in Congress." He names Ted Cruz as an example, as well as a few others. Should he be held responsible and punished.

Klobuchar just dodges the question and says "we should start with the person who started the whole thing, Donald Trump."

What a spineless fucking cunt.

25 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

This is one of those times where it seems obvious how we got here, but it's still disappointing in retrospect. It's like the fable of the frog being slowly boiled in water.

Republicans were not this fucking crazy in 2015. Most Republicans I know thought Trump was a poisonous frog. Now he's their fucking savior. 

"I know if you would have polled rednecks, not just in the south, the Rust Belt, we're everywhere, if you would have polled us three years ago, 'What do you think of Donald Trump?' right, I promise you the consensus would have been, 'He's a smug, full of shit Yankee who thinks he's better than everybody else and needs his ass whipped.' Or something to that effect."

4 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

"I know if you would have polled rednecks, not just in the south, the Rust Belt, we're everywhere, if you would have polled us three years ago, 'What do you think of Donald Trump?' right, I promise you the consensus would have been, 'He's a smug, full of shit Yankee who thinks he's better than everybody else and needs his ass whipped.' Or something to that effect."

Exactly. If you polled every current Trump supporter now 5 years ago and asked them what they thought of Trump (that sentence doesn't make much sense, but I hope you get what I mean), most would say he's a fucking shitstain. Yet here we are.

1 hour ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Oh dear fucking hell every right wing nut job is now saying Antifa dressed up like Trumpers and stormed the capitol and aided by fascist DC police, to frame the protestors.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck off conspiracy theorist.  What a travesty to truth.

Believing in conspiracies means never having to say you’re sorry.

You’re never wrong about basic principles, you’re only ever wrong about how deep and intricate the conspiracy is!

• Guillotine 1

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

Republicans were not this fucking crazy in 2015. Most Republicans I know thought Trump was a poisonous frog. Now he's their fucking savior. When you think about it, it makes sense how we got here. It started with one phrase: "fake news." That's all it took. The president of the United States (well, he started it before that, but still) telling his supporters to not trust any media that wasn't approved by him. The media can't be trusted unless I say so. "Drain the swamp." Politicians are all corrupt, but not me of course, unless I say so.

4.5-5 years of telling people not to believe anything unless it comes out of his mouth. It's not surprising that we ended up with a legion of people legitimately believing that the government is a cabal of lizard people pedophiles. It's like the world's most fucked up game of telephone, and some of those people are actually in fucking Congress now.

I don't know what to do about it. We have to get back to a point where we can all look at the sky and agree it's blue. But that requires undoing the last 5 years of Trump and the last fucking 40 years of Rupert Murdoch. I don't know how we do that.

The Trump years very much remind me of a somewhat less crazy version of late Mao China during the Cultural Revolution.  Here’s something I posted on another site to respond to another poster’s suggestion that ‘the Democrats are trying to foment a new Cultural Revolution!’:

Actually it’s Trump that’s already made an attempt at enacting a new cultural revolution.

The CR was an attempt by Mao to get back into power by using his cult of personality to stoke populist outrage in the Chinese populace so he could use the latter to attack rival factions in the CCP.

This is precisely what Trump has done—he has used his personality cult, which is about on par with Mao (for proof see any MAGA rally or protest) to stoke populist outrage at the old-school ‘Rockefeller’ and the neo-con wing of his party (along with the ‘standard enemy’—Democrats) by painting them all as ‘globalists’, just as Mao stoked the red guards into attacking the ‘capitalist roaders’ in the CCP. (along with the ‘standard enemy’—the capitalist/imperialist West)

The people Mao enraged were young, but they were not young and *privileged* like the SJW-left; they were young and dirt poor.  Likewise, Trump has stoked rage and hate in poor white and less-educated Americans of *all* ages, and told them to direct their hate towards the ‘globalists’—I.e., anyone who does not support him.

The ultimate result, as it was with Mao, is social chaos (riots in the cities), heightened factionalism and inter-factional violence (ex: antifa vs BLM vs Proud Boys), and further deterioration of trust between fellow citizens (say, the unabashed hatred each side of a hyper-polarized electorate displays towards each other in everyday interactions).

The American Cultural Revolution isn’t ‘coming’—it has been underway for four years, courtesy of Chairman Trump and his pathological hatred for any political constraints put upon him.

I mean, he just asked her point blank "should we hold Ted Cruz and his ilk responsible" and she basically went "well, what we're talking about here is really the American dream..."

Like fuck off. That was a point blank question.

Well yeah, it's Elena. Are you surprised?

9 hours ago, Jason said:

This is fucking exactly what I meant in an earlier post. They're so deep into their Facebook digital cosplay worlds of playing the proverbial tough guy with fantasies of violent uprisings, political assassinations and what not, yet when reality actually occurs, it takes A BOTTLE OF MACE to bring it all to a screeching halt.

But I guess there's no way for them to see that and reflect (lol) and I'm sure that moron who decided to suicide by cop will be deemed a martyr with a monument erected for her at the QAnon headquarters in...I don't know...Arkansas or some shit. 

• Haha 1

Stephen Colber interviewing Amy Klobuchar. For the most part the interview is just waffling, but at one point Stephen asks her if the people responsible for this should face criminal charges, she said "we know who did it, we have their faces on camera." He says "I'm not talking about them, those people are just ignorant, I'm talking about the people who fomented it in Congress." He names Ted Cruz as an example, as well as a few others. Should he be held responsible and punished.

Klobuchar just dodges the question and says "we should start with the person who started the whole thing, Donald Trump."

What a spineless fucking cunt.

SHE'S the one you're pissedd at? To the point you drop the c-word? :|