~*The Capitol Hill Beer Belly Putsch Official Thread*~

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

I can't think of a clever way to make fun of the fact that they think those terms are overly dramatic.

"Please do not refer to Lee Harvey Oswald as an assassin," CBS' internal memo stated. "Instead, use the terms 'political disagreer,' or 'staunch non-fan' of JFK."

I don't follow Mark Zuckerberg on Facebook but a friend is telling me he posted this and that Trump is banned through inauguration at least.

Over the last several years, we have allowed President Trump to use our platform consistent with our own rules, at times removing content or labeling his posts when they violate our policies. We did this because we believe that the public has a right to the broadest possible access to political speech, even controversial speech. But the current context is now fundamentally different, involving use of our platform to incite violent insurrection against a democratically elected government. We believe the risks of allowing the President to continue to use our service during this period are simply too great. Therefore, we are extending the block we have placed on his Facebook and Instagram accounts indefinitely and for at least the next two weeks until the peaceful transition of power is complete.“

• Shocked 1

So, word is that there were only like 53 arrests all day yesterday? There's footage of hordes of people leaving the capital building next to officers?

How is every person who stepped into that building not in jail? I really don't get it. What kind of message does this send?

Just now, ort said:

So, word is that there were only like 53 arrests all day yesterday? There's footage of hordes of people leaving the capital building next to officers?

How is every person who stepped into that building not in jail? I really don't get it. What kind of message does this send?

We don't know who was arrested and when. We also have to imagine tons of people who broke in and walked out will be prosecuted later, these are federal crimes. It'll take time. 

protestorstrump_010621jn6.jpg
THEHILL.COM

Washington D.C.’s Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) arrested 13 people on Wednesday as pro-President Trump rioters overtook the Capitol building. 

This says it was 13(?!?!?!) people who were arrested?

Every single person should have been locked up. They should have been lined up zip tied in the streets and led off in buses. I mean, what kind of message is this?

Anytime we don't like something that is happening politically we can just storm the capital building and NBD. Whatevs. Have fun storming the castle! It's the revolution!

I'm shocked that only one person died.

I truly am shocked. I would have expected the officers to hold the line. I would have assumed that angry mobs bashing down doors of the capital building while it contained like 90% of the elected officials in charge of leading this country would have resulted in armed and lethal pushback from the people tasked with protecting them. The fact that 50+ people weren't gunned down is truly surprising to me.

Can you imagine if it played out like that? This would be one of the darkest days in American history. I mean, it's already a whopper, but this could have been so deadly and bloody. It was probably so close to happening. Play this chaotic insane scenario out 100 times and I bet that 99 times out of 100 it results in 20+ dead people.

32 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I don't follow Mark Zuckerberg on Facebook but a friend is telling me he posted this and that Trump is banned through inauguration at least.

He did: 

79515135_10111007623880301_5111576226921
WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

The shocking events of the last 24 hours clearly demonstrate that President Donald Trump intends to use his remaining time in office to undermine the peaceful and lawful transition of power to his...

2 minutes ago, ort said:

I'm shocked that only one person died.

I truly am shocked. I would have expected the officers to hold the line. I would have assumed that angry mobs bashing down doors of the capital building while it contained like 90% of the elected officials in charge of leading this country would have resulted in armed and lethal pushback from the people tasked with protecting them. The fact that 50+ people weren't gunned down is truly surprising to me.

Can you imagine if it played out like that? This would be one of the darkest days in American history. I mean, it's already a whopper, but this could have been so deadly and bloody. It was probably so close to happening. Play this chaotic insane scenario out 100 times and I bet that 99 times out of 100 it results in 20+ dead people.

Four died. Doesn't change your point, really, but I'm just clarifying. =P

Just now, ort said:

I guess they said 4 people died. Anyone know what happened with the 3 that died from some sort of medical incident? What does that mean?

From what I heard on NPR this morning, three of the four died of some indirect issues. The only person directly killed as a result of the breach was the lady who got shot in the neck. 

It feels weird to me that 3 random people would have heart attacks during this, but who knows.

I think that 52 is for the whole day. It includes people who were arrested outside for curfew and stuff like that.

Bottom line, message from the government... storming the capital building... pretty okay thing to do. Go for it kids!