Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'm always going to be weirded out by the possibility of there being eggs in stuff like organic seeds now but ultimately out of sight out of mind. Seeing shit fucking wriggling around inside a container, or a bunch of fucking dead moths inside a container, or weird fucking cobwebs in a container though...:sick:

My oldest, when he was younger, thought it would be cool to hide an opened pouch of yogurt in one of his toys for later consumption. There is nothing like going under his bed to grab some toys he hasn't played with in a while and finding an entire ecosystem oozing out of some strawberry yogurt.

3 minutes ago, Chris- said:

Biden picking up AZ and one of the NE/ME district votes means he needs to get two out of WI, MI, and PA (to say nothing of the fact GA is apparently still in play). I just do not see Trump getting that lucky this time around.

I hope GA flips blue and we don't have to worry so much about the others.

3 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

Twitter has to remove those tweets in the next few minutes?

The one about Poles got deleted in favor of the correct spelling and I guess instantly got pulled. The "big announcement" one is still up though.

image.png

Just now, SlipperySlope said:

Ohio want to Trump

Yeah sorry missed that. I was more focused on what Biden could still pick up though and had Ohio accounted for in my thoughts while writing about the 264, even though I forgot to update the map for Ohio.

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Without the Senate none of this matters

Things will definitely still suck, but we avoid some absolute nightmare scenarios. Fauci and other competent officials will be retained for the COVID response. Trump was reportedly gonna fire Esper and nominate a more loyalist Defense secretary. He was gonna fire Wray at the FBI and appoint a loyalist. The entire government would become much more explicitly MAGA with a Trump win.

Just now, Ricofoley said:

Things will definitely still suck, but we avoid some absolute nightmare scenarios. Fauci and other competent officials will be retained for the COVID response. Trump was reportedly gonna fire Esper and nominate a more loyalist Defense secretary. He was gonna fire Wray at the FBI and appoint a loyalist. The entire government would become much more explicitly MAGA with a Trump win.

And then in 2022 the House is at risk because people are fed up with the ineffectual Democrat president and in 2024 they have momentum to cap it off with getting back the presidency.

Just now, Ricofoley said:

Yes, but like I said above, the Senate will go into overdrive on being obstructionist, and the GOP will then successfully use that to beat the Democrats over the head about being "do-nothing" to win even bigger margins in 2024.

1 minute ago, Massdriver said:

The mistake you’re making is assuming the house would stay blue in 2022 if Trump

wins. I say take a win wherever and whenever you get it. 

When so much of Trump's policy has been achieved through Executive Order, I feel like you have to take a White House victory if you can get it. 

2 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

So things aren't looking like a complete disaster?

...can I go to bed now?

Someone else correct me if this had changed, but there are more than a million votes in Pennsylvania that nobody will start counting until tomorrow. The only reason to stay up is to see what happens with Georgia.