Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

If Biden wins but the GOP holds 51-49 in the Senate, do we think we are realistically looking at 4 years without a SCOTUS appointment, regardless of any deaths or resignations?

If the GOP holds the Senate while Biden wins it's going to be a GOP rout in 2024 because they're going to go full obstructionist and shriek about Biden getting nothing done. There's no reason to think this playbook would fail them this time around.

If somehow the Democrats take the Senate while Biden loses, it's easier to pin it all on the GOP, because voters are stupid and think the president does everything.

7 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

People are voting for progressive policies, but not the politicians that are more likely to support them. It's baffling, until you realize that the face of the Democratic Party is Pelosi, Biden, etc. The Democrats need a "real talker" like AOC at their helm, except, unfortunately, white and probably male.

Bernie-Sanders-AP-100219.jpg?w=650

Just now, osxmatt said:

After the roller coaster of an evening, we’re gonna end in the same place we started?

It’s coming down to Pennsylvania?

believe that if Biden wins AZ as expected (which seems probable at this point), then he doesn't need PA as long as he wins MI and WI. From what I understand, MI should be in the bag? I believe MI as well, but I might be wrong. But I think that would give him 270 exactly. Or is Trump going to win a district in Maine? Then it's 269-269. But if Biden wins AZ and PA (which actually seems likely), then Biden wins almost certainly, as he only needs one of WI or MI.

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Even if Biden pulls out a win, I’m still so disheartened. It should have never been this close. 

Beyond the suckiness of how it should have been a landslide, like I said above, it's going to be a fucking disaster if Biden wins but the GOP holds the Senate.

Just now, mclumber1 said:

No results yet for Apache County in Arizona.  I believe it is predominantly Native American, but I'm not sure which way they'll vote. 

Native Americans would have to be even stupider than Latino voters apparently are if they'd vote for a guy who openly worships Andrew Jackson.

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

Trump being up at the end of tonight also tees up the doomsday scenarios about lawsuits to stop the vote counting getting decided by SCOTUS.

Good thing bigger chunks of states like Pennsylvania chose to not count mail in ballots until tomorrow.

• Guillotine 1