Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

43 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

What a surprise

What a difference reality makes. Donald doesn’t have a clue or desire to make the economy better. If rich people are making more and more in the stick market he throws his hands up in victory. Doesn’t matter how many businesses are closing, jobs are being lost, or anything that affects the other 90% of us. Eventually people realize that despite Tesla’s market gap increases they’re not seeing any improvement in their own lives. 

1 hour ago, thewhyteboar said:

Republicans hate democracy. They are worried they will lose so they want to change the rules.

Theoretically, could they then make all of say, Dallas, a single district, and split some rural counties into 20 districts, allowing a GOP candidate to win a Senate seat (or anything else) even if they lose the popular vote by 40%?

30 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Theoretically, could they then make all of say, Dallas, a single district, and split some rural counties into 20 districts, allowing a GOP candidate to win a Senate seat (or anything else) even if they lose the popular vote by 40%?

You do have to have generally similar population among districts. But the idea remains the same, pack Dems in a couple of heavy Dem districts(70-30 or so or more), and crack the rest into multiple 57-43 GOP leaning districts

GOP really doesn't want this election to go well for them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/07/19/republican-stimulus-unemployment-coronavirus/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=wp_main

With a substantial number of conservative Republicans wary of spending too much additional federal money, GOP lawmakers have discussed proposing that the federal benefit be cut from an additional $600 per week to between $200 per week and $400 per week. The lower number is viewed as the likelier outcome in their bill, although aides cautioned negotiations are fluid and details remain in flux. McConnell is expected to release the legislation this coming week.

52 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

That Wallace interview is going to bite him in the ass I think.

Especially the part where he mentioned having a health care plan in TWO WEEKS.

Yeah, pretty sure the WH staff and GOP congress members are like "Oh shit now we have to pull something out our asses".

21 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

The test: "Simply press a red button. Either button. It doesn't matter which one, just press it."

Trump:

Two-Buttons.jpg

This was such a great post that I hope you had the best sex of your life last night.

• Like 1

John Kasich will speak at the Democratic National Convention in support of Biden

In the four months since Joe Biden effectively won the Democratic presidential nomination, he has focused on consolidating the party’s divergent and often warring factions. As the closing stretch of the campaign nears, that effort will expand to include Republicans disaffected with President Donald Trump.

Former Ohio Gov. John Kasich, a Republican and frequent Trump critic, has been approached and is expected to speak at the Democratic National Convention on Biden’s behalf next month, according to a person with direct knowledge of the plans who insisted on anonymity to discuss strategy. Kasich is among a handful of high-profile Republicans likely to become more active in supporting Biden in the fall.

And in crucial battleground states such as Florida, some Democrats are concerned that Biden’s current standing could be a high-water mark. Some polls suggest Biden’s strength comes more from voters’ displeasure with Trump than excitement over Biden, whose regular gaffes, long Washington record and recent attempts to appease progressives leave him in a tougher spot than some Democrats would like to believe.

Florida Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried, the only Democrat elected to statewide office there, praised Biden’s message and said he could appeal to rural and middle-class voters. But she says “it’s way too early” to predict a victory.

“As we get closer, polls are going to get tighter,” Fried said.

The second quote is a good reminder, and I'm glad Democrats high up are looking at the polls and thinking, "Yeah, but there's no guarantee it'll get higher."

For Kasich, he's someone I'd never ever vote for because, like most Republicans who Democrats like, his views are way to the right and only the tone is moderate. I am, however, starting to become more appreciative of Republicans doing this because even though we don't want to become a Republican-lite party, I also feel that we'll complain when Republicans don't speak out, but then we'll question their motives when they do. And he's from Ohio, so he may have some sort of influence on at least conservative independents there.

3 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

For Kasich, he's someone I'd never ever vote for because, like most Republicans who Democrats like, his views are way to the right and only the tone is moderate. I am, however, starting to become more appreciative of Republicans doing this because even though we don't want to become a Republican-lite party, I also feel that we'll complain when Republicans don't speak out, but then we'll question their motives when they do. And he's from Ohio, so he may have some sort of influence on at least conservative independents there.

Acknowledging Kasich types for having a spine is fine as long as the Dems don't make the mistake of preemptively cutting their own knees out from under them by trying to cater to the Kasich types with their policy proposals--they're going to bail the second Trump is gone.

2 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

We're gonna be a republican lite party and you're gonna like it

That said, people like Nancy are definitely closet Republicans. "BUT THE DEBT! AND THOROUGHLY MEANS TESTING THE $1200 CHECK!"

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Acknowledging Kasich types for having a spine is fine as long as the Dems don't make the mistake of preemptively cutting their own knees out from under them by trying to cater to the Kasich types with their policy proposals--they're going to bail the second Trump is gone.

As a former Ohioan, I won't forget how shitty he was!

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

You can bet that all of the never Trumper Republicans working to get Biden elected will turn on the Democrats on January 20th.  But that's expected, no?  The whole "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" trope and all...

2 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

As a former Ohioan, I won't forget how shitty he was!

Wasn't Kasich also known within Ohio for just being an absolute fucking dick when there was no real reason to be? I distinctly remember seeing something about the nice guy act being a persona he only adopted for the 2016 primary.

Just now, Jason said:

Wasn't Kasich also known within Ohio for just being an absolute fucking dick when there was no reason to be? I distinctly remember seeing something about the nice guy act being a persona he only adopted for the 2016 primary.

Absolutely. He's a full on douchebag who has such an anger management problem he got a Politico write up on how he's working on getting it under control before his 2016 run lol

2 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

So nice they elected him twice. 

Ohioans: not that smart (they're still in Ohio!)

10 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

You can bet that all of the never Trumper Republicans working to get Biden elected will turn on the Democrats on January 20th.  But that's expected, no?  The whole "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" trope and all...

Yeah, that's why I don't get the resistance toward it. Would we rather he campaign for Trump?

Kasich isn't someone I'd ever vote for, but if this helps at all, I'd rather Biden be in the White House considering the danger of the aging liberals on SCOTUS. The only time I feel trashing these people is a fight worth picking is when someone says something like, "Man, Trump makes you even miss Bush, huh?" That's when I politely remind them that Bush is one of the worst presidents ever and is the son of someone who ran for Senate opposing Civil Rights when he ran against a pro-Civil Rights Democratic Senator in 1964. Otherwise, let's not kid ourselves into thinking that landslide winning Democrats like LBJ or FDR didn't get a decent chunk of conservative support.

19 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Yeah, but Joe Rogan also said that if his choice was Biden or Trump, he’s voting for Trump.

So fuck Joe Rogan.

Yeah, Kasich is ahead of the curve on that against Rogan.

tenor.gif?itemid=7284072

If we're really gonna hate on Kasich, why even bring Rogan up as a comparison? Even AOC wanted Sanders to distance himself from Rogan, and Rogan's not even voting Democratic this year. Was it OK that Rogan was voting Sanders even though we wouldn't want Democrats to have Rogan's views on everything?

And I said of Rogan's endorsement that if he can get even a fraction of his listeners to vote Bernie, then great, so I was saying the same thing for him.