Pedo guy megalomaniacal manchild officially owns Twitter

I actually did see one of these on the street and it’s even more ridiculous in person. It’s hard to imagine any normal person actually purchasing it and using it as their primary vehicle.

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, stepee said:

I actually did see one of these on the street and it’s even more ridiculous in person. It’s hard to imagine any normal person actually purchasing it and using it as their primary vehicle.

I also saw someone driving a cybertruck in person recently and it looked dumb as shit. 

• True 1
  • Halal 1

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Elon fanboys are not normal 

2 hours ago, stepee said:

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

I also saw someone driving a cybertruck in person recently and it looked dumb as shit. 

I didn't have a clear sense of how big the thing is until I saw one in person. None of the pictures or videos I'd seen prior that properly conveyed that, they all made it seem smaller. The size adds to how fucking stupid it is.

• Halal 2

Just now, Jason said:

I didn't have a clear sense of how big the thing is until I saw one in person. None of the pictures or videos I'd seen prior that properly conveyed that, they all made it seem smaller. The size adds to how fucking stupid it is.

Oh absolutely, it really is a big chunky fucker and not sleek at ALL 

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Global vehicle deliveries fall for first time in four years amid growing competition, while Cybertruck faces recall

It's hard not to fall into a trap of being sick of Elon's shit enough that you overemphasize every negative Tesla story that's out there, but it sure does seem like the bad news is starting to stack up for them.

• Sicko 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

Won’t ever drive a car again, if I can do so. Been rear ended so many times in my Escapes, and one had me ready to testify against the woman that hit in my first incident. I swear if I weren’t in my bigger SUV type vehicle I could have been really hurt in that first one. So until an affordable electric SUV is available, I’ll be sadly feeding Dino juice to whatever I drive next. Although affordable Hybrid would also interest me as well

FINANCE.YAHOO.COM

(Bloomberg) -- Elon Musk’s underlings at Tesla Inc. are accustomed to chaos. It comes with the territory of working for a chief executive who sets exacting targets and often abruptly switches directions — whose biographer describes his more intense moods as “demon mode.”Most Read from BloombergTikTok to Remove Executive Tasked With Fending Off US ClaimsElon Musk’s Robotaxi Dreams Plunge Tesla Into ChaosTesla...

On Tuesday, Tesla is expected to report a 40% plunge in operating profit and its first revenue decline in four years. Musk has ordered up the company’s biggest layoffs ever and staked its future on a next-generation, self-driving vehicle concept called the robotaxi. People familiar with his directives, who asked not to be identified discussing internal deliberations, are unsettled by the changes the CEO wants to push through.

Okay, yeah, this company might be washed

• Sicko 2
  • Sicko Sherman 1

15 minutes ago, CayceG said:

Man I cannot wait to see this company be forced to be sold off to Ford or GM. 

I doubt that either of those would even be the least bit interested in it, not when their own EV plans are in flux due to relatively soft market demand.

It's all-but-certain that Tesla put the "Model 2" on ice because there was simply no way to make it even remotely financially viable within its existing cost structure.  The problem is that their other models are just priced too high for further significant market penetrartion.

3 hours ago, Ricofoley said:
FINANCE.YAHOO.COM

(Bloomberg) -- Elon Musk’s underlings at Tesla Inc. are accustomed to chaos. It comes with the territory of working for a chief executive who sets exacting targets and often abruptly switches directions — whose biographer describes his more intense moods as “demon mode.”Most Read from...

Okay, yeah, this company might be washed

Is this a man that deserves a $56Billion pay day?

11 hours ago, silentbob said:

Won’t ever drive a car again, if I can do so. Been rear ended so many times in my Escapes, and one had me ready to testify against the woman that hit in my first incident. I swear if I weren’t in my bigger SUV type vehicle I could have been really hurt in that first one. So until an affordable electric SUV is available, I’ll be sadly feeding Dino juice to whatever I drive next. Although affordable Hybrid would also interest me as well

Time to go to Colorado:

IMG-8756.jpg

1 hour ago, silentbob said:

Don’t need one for a bit, and will stick with Ford if I can. My dad and grandfather worked for them and I can still use my dad’s discount on new vehicles purchase/lease. 

Ford just teased a “green” (actual) Mustang for their 2025 MY unveil. Likely the non-plug-in electric hybrid 4.0L v8 AWD version they were supposed to put out a couple years back but held off on as they didn’t want to cannibalize MachE sales. Their goal was 30-35mpg avg with “at minimum, the same or better performance than the current* GT” (*they stated this with the 2018 GT that did a 3.8 0-60 and an 11.8 1/4 mile)

One of the Chinese EV manufacturers (Li Auto) also announced price cuts over the weekend:

CARNEWSCHINA.COM

Li Auto joins the new wave of price war in China to maintain the good sales volume.

One of the bestselling Chinese brands, Li Auto, slashed prices of its model line up to 30,000 yuan (4,200 USD), joining the new round of price war in China. The price reduction affects four Li-branded models: L7, L8, L9 and Mega. The price of the recently launched Li L6 crossover remained unchanged.

• Sicko Sherman 1

FINANCE.YAHOO.COM

(Bloomberg) -- Tesla Inc. slashed a newly formed marketing team as part of companywide layoffs, reversing course from a traditional advertising push that Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk greenlighted less than a year ago.Most Read from BloombergTrump Has Only $6.8 Million for Legal Fees With Trial UnderwayTikTok to Remove Executive Tasked With Fending Off US ClaimsChina Is Front and Center of Gold’s Record-Breaking RallyTesla Spends...

Tesla Inc. slashed a newly formed marketing team as part of companywide layoffs, reversing course from a traditional advertising push that Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk greenlighted less than a year ago.

The company’s “growth content” team in the US, a group of about 40 employees run by senior manager Alex Ingram and reporting to Jorge Milburn, was eliminated in the ongoing job cuts, according to people familiar with the matter. Ingram and Milburn were part of the reduction, the people said. The company still has a smaller marketing group in Europe, one person said.

There were also significant layoffs in Tesla’s design studio and staff located in Hawthorne, California, said the people, who asked not to be identified discussing private information.

• Shocked 1

12 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Damn. One day when I actually buy a new car I'll hit you up to be my negotiator XD

Wasn't that hard. The area dealers are here are trying to dump stock on most all the trucks here. Judging by some of the various boards my deal isn't even close to being one of the best. There are people getting Lariats for better deals. I just don't like leather seats in cars and wanted fabric.

1 hour ago, Brian said:

Hyundai had a similar deal for Ioniq 6 SE RWD for $239 down and $239 a month. That’s a better deal. Unfortunate that Hyundai doesn’t include the glass roof on the SEL

If I wasn't reasonably sure that I'm going to buy a 2025 model Ioniq 5 (coming later this year) I probably would have bitten on that offer.  That's a great way to dip your toes into the EV world, and it still includes two years of free charging. So you're paying $240 + insurance to drive a brand new EV. Amazing deal. 

3 hours ago, Nokra said:

If I wasn't reasonably sure that I'm going to buy a 2025 model Ioniq 5 (coming later this year) I probably would have bitten on that offer.  That's a great way to dip your toes into the EV world, and it still includes two years of free charging. So you're paying $240 + insurance to drive a brand new EV. Amazing deal. 

The free Level 3 charging they are giving away (not just them) is kinda insane. It's leading to people using Level 3 as their every day charger, creating demand and lines that shouldn't exist. 

6 hours ago, Ominous said:

The free Level 3 charging they are giving away (not just them) is kinda insane. It's leading to people using Level 3 as their every day charger, creating demand and lines that shouldn't exist. 

Yeah it's kind of crazy how much they're giving away with that, though of course it's understandable why they'd want to remove that potential barrier to the EV world from the minds of potential customers. 

But for example I've seen on a lot of YouTube videos that charging on Electrify America (one of the largest providers) can be $0.45 or more per kWh, so with e.g. a 77.4 kWh Ioniq 5 battery, that'd be just under $35 for a charge. By contrast, at work we have slow level 2 chargers (I think they're 6 kWh shared between two plugs) but you're only charged $0.10 per kWh, so that same Ioniq 5 suddenly costs more like $7.50 to charge. 

I hear you on the long lines, and it's really unfortunate how behind our infrastructure is here. If I couldn't charge cheaply at work, I'm not sure I'd be considering an EV since I live in an apartment and wouldn't want to rely entirely on public charging. 

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

I was curious so looked up the kwh/100km for EVs (measure of how little energy it takes to go 100km). Teslas tend to be around 15, which isn't bad. My own Prius Prime in EV mode gets around 11, which is nice.

Good metric, and damned impressive on the Prius. I was curious too and looked up a couple more:

Ioniq 6 takes about 13.9, Ioniq 5 takes about 18, Kia EV6 takes about 16.5. From what I've seen and read with various EVs, the shape of the vehicle makes a ton of difference in their efficiency, particularly at higher speeds. An SUV/crossover like the Ioniq 5 or Tesla Model Y will be significantly worse than a sedan. 

Another interesting thing I was reminded of recently is that the EPA considers a gallon of gas to have the equivalent of 33.7 kWh of energy. So e.g. my Prius with a relatively small 12 gallon tank has about 404 kWh of energy onboard. Again, vs. e.g. a 77 kWh battery in the Hyundai EVs. If an EV had batteries that contained as much energy as even my Prius with its small tank, their increased efficiency would give them a range of well over 1,200 miles (~1,900 km).  Gas cars are not very efficient; they just have huge stores of energy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

I was curious so looked up the kwh/100km for EVs (measure of how little energy it takes to go 100km). Teslas tend to be around 15, which isn't bad. My own Prius Prime in EV mode gets around 11, which is nice.

I love my Prius Prime, it’s such a deceptively cool car. I’ve had it for almost three months and have yet to need to fill up the gas tank yet. 90% EV mode for me for my commute. I only put it on HV mode when I’m on the highway and need that extra oomph for Sport mode lol

• Like 1