3D World Switch port + Bowser's Fury (new gameplay)

crispy4000

The Good: Higher resolution for all three games and widescreen for Sunshine.  Joycon pointer support for Galaxy.

The Bad: Only available until March 2021.  Sunshine isn't 60fps when it shouldn't have been difficult. (see emulation patches)  No AI upscaled textures, or a widescreen mode for Mario 64.

The Ugly:  No Mario Galaxy 2.  Arguably, the best one.

11 minutes ago, ShreddieMercuryRising said:

The wording about availability is confusing - will it still be available digitally after March?  Why on earth would they limit the digital sales if that's the case?

They’ll probably just start selling them separately at price points that add up to more than $60, because that would be a very Nintendo thing to do. 

2 minutes ago, Chris- said:

They’ll probably just start selling them separately at price points that add up to more than $60, because that would be a very Nintendo thing to do. 

That would be shitty, but I would prefer that to having it go away entirely so I'm hoping that's the case.  Will try to pre-order the retail edition if possible.

Man Nintendo are just the masters of making me excited about things i’m annoyed with. Like, I still can’t wait to get the 3D all stars and play those on switch but man Galaxy 2 not being included really dims the excitement and just makes it feel incomplete and not like a real All Stars 2 with only 3 games.

And that they didn’t make Mario 64 widescreen sucks because they could have at least done that with how minimal these otherwise are ugh. Yet, I still want to play these again on switch so yeah I’m buying it.

Also upset about Galaxy 2 because it’s the only mainline I haven’t beaten and wanted to finally play it in an official way with regular gamepad controls. I hope they at least plan to go back and release it separately next year or something. :/

New expansion for 3D world is great news, Mario All Stars on switch online today is great, and all the other stuff is weird in some way.

I really only just want the og Super Mario All-Stars on Switch. The 3D games were fun, but honestly they dont do as much for me. I dont even think i cared enough to finish Sunshine back when i had it on Gamecube. 

The SM3DW re-release is tempting but i already beat that one as well...

spacer.png

Cat Peach is presenting.

16 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I really only just want the og Super Mario All-Stars on Switch. The 3D games were fun, but honestly they dont do as much for me. I dont even think i cared enough to finish Sunshine back when i had it on Gamecube. 

The SM3DW re-release is tempting but i already beat that one as well...

spacer.png

Cat Peach is presenting.

I couldn’t tell by your phrasing but you saw the original All Stars is on Switch today right? It’s actually up now.

• Confused 1

• Shocked 1

The timed stuff is all weird. So 8 bit graphics aside they bothered to design an online multiplayer Mario game just to have it playable for 6 months? That seems weird unless it’s like going to be modified into something else afterwards.

And Mario 3D All Stars would just keep selling well throughout the systems life so what the fuck is the point of that. It made more sense but was still dumb with the Wii snes all stars release being limited because it was just an overpriced re-release of an existing collection and physical only. But this will be digital for a limited time too, to nobody’s benefit.

Such a weird fucking company.