3D World Switch port + Bowser's Fury (new gameplay)

crispy4000

Just now, GameDadGrant said:

I wish! I think that would be pretty rad. :cool:

I know you're joking, but just to be clear: you earn Gold Coins for ANY purchase for the Switch. Doesn't matter if it's on the eShop or you bought a game at retail from someplace like Best Buy or whatever. I've nabbed some fairly recently-released games for a fraction of the price at places like GameStop and still got the full Gold Coin rebate through Nintendo's online service. 

I feel it's not a bad deal; I'm getting rewarded for buying things I would have bought anyway. I mean...am I wrong? Am I missing something? :confused: 

That sounds insane! I wonder what a game like say, Kid Icarus Uprising would "feel" like in VR? Or an old classic like Starfox 64 3D

Oh shit i gotta try Icarus, ya.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

I know you're joking, but just to be clear: you earn Gold Coins for ANY purchase for the Switch. Doesn't matter if it's on the eShop or you bought a game at retail from someplace like Best Buy or whatever. I've nabbed some fairly recently-released games for a fraction of the price at places like GameStop and still got the full Gold Coin rebate through Nintendo's online service. 

I feel it's not a bad deal; I'm getting rewarded for buying things I would have bought anyway. I mean...am I wrong? Am I missing something? :confused:

You're correct. It's not a bad deal FOR YOU!

I have like 5 switch games and don't buy them often so it's not like the gold coins are pouring in.

• Shocked 1

17 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Wait, I've been considering a new vr headset. How do you play 3ds games in vr on quest? 

To be clear this is just playing 3ds inside a movie theater on a 3D movie theater size screen, not full vr like dolphin has a version of. But this is better for actually playing the games.

You just run citra on a pc basically then it has a sbs setting (side by side) - you turn that on the connect the quest to your pc with virtual desktop and enable sbs and start playing. 

You can hook a game pad right to the quest but I was just on my couch so I used my regular pc game pad.

You can also adjust depth and convergence and obviously get a much greater 3D effect than the 3Ds is capable of.

Edit: There is also a native virtual boy emulator for quest via side quest that is rad as hell because the 3D is sooo much better.

On the surface, I definiately prefer the frictionless nature of gold coins vs the effort it takes to get discounts on Steam.  Even when I happily game Valve's trading card system as a hobby of sorts.

The issue with Switch is that Gold coins feel like they're already built into the game pricing.  And then some.  It's marketing trickery to make you think you're getting a deal.  In reality, it just makes eShop sales suck harder, and pressures you to spend coins there before they expire.

I'd take Player's Choice back in a heartbeat.

1 hour ago, GameDadGrant said:

@crispy4000

Explain?

The Switch eShop has some of the most consistently high prices for games on any platform.  Your gold coins are largely offset by a 'Switch Tax.'

Take Ori & the Will of the Wisps as an example.  It's $9.89 on most digital stores this week.  On Switch, the lowest it's been digitally is $25.49.

Nintendo's own discounts are also piss poor compared to their past.  The only major exception is Mario & Rabbids, but I suspect Ubisoft had some say on that one.

53 minutes ago, Biggie said:

World 1 complete. All stars and gold flag poles. Dare I say this is the best Mario game ever? It’s fantastic. @stepee

Your first time playing it? Lucky bastard. But yeah, it’s amazing and it’s even better now. 

The sandbox ones are my favorites usually and Super Mario World I think is perfect and it’s my favorite game, but I do think that this is the most consistently moment to moment fun Mario game. It’s just Nintendo showing off their game design mastery. 

Im already like half way through world 8 and I’m only missing like 10 stars, I’ve been playing a lot lol.