3D World Switch port + Bowser's Fury (new gameplay)

crispy4000

17 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

It will for me, just in never having to take my WiiU out of its box ever again. Plus I do want this new content.

If we could just get Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Earthbound Beginnings on the Switch that would be great.

Might just download CEMU at this point so that I don't have to deal with it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • crispy4000 changed the title to 3D World Switch port + Bowser's Fury (new gameplay)
  • 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

IGN 7.0. I need to check that out.

Basically, the reviewer doesn't think Super Mario 3D world is very good.  It fails in multiplayer and lacks precision to them.  And everything in Bowser's Fury is cats.

Most people are bound to disagree on the former, at least.  It's not thought of as a black sheep generally.

10 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It's probably a score based on is it worth it to get this at full price for extra DLC.

Bower's Fury doesn't look like 3D World DLC to be honest.  It's seems more like a half sequel to Odyssey.

I'll be honest, I wasn't really a big fan of 3D World. I felt it kinda paled in comparison to 3D Land and the lack of stereoscopic 3D and full 360 degree movement kinda sucked. And yeah, multiplayer just made things a headache. 

I'm still gonna get this, because Bowser's Fury looks legit and...I dunno, whatever I'll give 3D World another shot. Maybe I'll like it better as a handheld game. Who knows! 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

Basically, the reviewer doesn't think Super Mario 3D world is very good.  It fails in multiplayer and lacks precision to them.  And everything in Bowser's Fury is cats.

Most people are bound to disagree on the former, at least.  It's not thought of as a black sheep generally.

Ah classic IGN, getting reviewers who aren't interested in the game to review the game!

20 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

I'll be honest, I wasn't really a big fan of 3D World. I felt it kinda paled in comparison to 3D Land and the lack of stereoscopic 3D and full 360 degree movement kinda sucked. And yeah, multiplayer just made things a headache. 

I'm still gonna get this, because Bowser's Fury looks legit and...I dunno, whatever I'll give 3D World another shot. Maybe I'll like it better as a handheld game. Who knows! 

3-D Land was legit. It used the 3DS perfectly and took advantage of all its strengths. 

4 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

See, i call lack of stereoscopic 3d a bonus. Personally, I think 3d should be burned with fire and buried in the depths of hell. Gotta agree on it missing a 360 degree camera. I loved 3d land.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

I couldn't get a 2ds fast enough. I hate it.

You could just turn off the 3D effect on a normal 3DS...? 

I dunno, I thought it was great. Literally added a new layer to the visuals and I'm so bummed it went by the wayside with later hardware releases, and that they didn't even bother with the Switch. It was almost like going from SD visuals to HD for me. And it was so unique! No other system was really doing that "glasses-free" 3D effect. It was purely aesthetic, but man? I couldn't go back to 2D visuals after seeing an Arwing look like it's flying out of the screen and the nose of the ship was about to poke me in the eye, LOL. :epilepsy:

I've been playing the demo for Bravely Default II on Switch and I can't begin to describe how disappointing the visuals are because they don't have that 3D depth that was shown on the 3DS. I mean, it's still pretty, but it's lacking that "oomph." To me, it's like trying to play something like...I dunno, God of War on an old SD, CRT 4:3 television or something. It's a HUGE step back, IMO. 

But that's just me. To each their own! :peace:

I really liked 3D World, but I wasn't blown away like a lot of people (at least on the Negative World forums) seemed to be at the time. I thought it was too easy for most of the game, which frankly seems to be a problem that's only growing as we get more and more Mario games. I don't mean "Oh I'm so good so each game is easier," I mean in Odyssey there's like moons just sitting' around in the middle of nowhere that you just basically walk up to. Kind of kills the joy of earning a moon by doing an actual challenge.

Getting off topic a bit. Back to 3D World: Bowser's Fury stuff looks neat, but I'm gonna have a really hard time justifying re-buying this game at full price when I played it not all that long ago. This is Nintendo, so I know I don't even need to ask if there's a discount for people who bought the Wii U version.

42 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

This is Nintendo, so I know I don't even need to ask if there's a discount for people who bought the Wii U version.

No, definitely not. But if you've got some "my.nintendo" Gold Coins burning a hole in your digital pocket, you could always use those to offset the cost of downloading the game. 

15 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

I dunno, I thought it was great. Literally added a new layer to the visuals and I'm so bummed it went by the wayside with later hardware releases, and that they didn't even bother with the Switch. It was almost like going from SD visuals to HD for me. And it was so unique! No other system was really doing that "glasses-free" 3D effect. It was purely aesthetic, but man? I couldn't go back to 2D visuals after seeing an Arwing look like it's flying out of the screen and the nose of the ship was about to poke me in the eye, LOL. :epilepsy:

Didn't work for me, just made the image look blurrier.

31 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Why?

Use that digital rebate money, that’s what it’s there for! 

Thats almost like saying “Oh I wish I could get Control for PS5 for cheap!” But not downloading the game for free with your PSN membership. Gotta take advantage of the perks these console manufacturers give us!

Na, that just makes the sell here continue to sound worse. It would be equivalent to that if 3D World was free with Nintendo Online instead of $60. The coins thing would just be equivalent to the usual 10% off at launch deals other platforms have all the time.

I don’t think Xbob’s complaint was that he literally just can’t afford $60 and needs a few bucks so he can grab it.

15 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

I've been playing the demo for Bravely Default II on Switch and I can't begin to describe how disappointing the visuals are because they don't have that 3D depth that was shown on the 3DS. I mean, it's still pretty, but it's lacking that "oomph." To me, it's like trying to play something like...I dunno, God of War on an old SD, CRT 4:3 television or something. It's a HUGE step back, IMO. 

Even turning it off, the screen looked weird. Kind of cloudy. 

You are one of the first people ive known who actually likes it. 

I bought my 3ds on launch day, and it took me about ten minutes to hate the screen. It was a bad effect that most people just didn't want.

28 minutes ago, stepee said:

Na, that just makes the sell here continue to sound worse. It would be equivalent to that if 3D World was free with Nintendo Online instead of $60. The coins thing would just be equivalent to the usual 10% off at launch deals other platforms have all the time.

I don’t think Xbob’s complaint was that he literally just can’t afford $60 and needs a few bucks so he can grab it.

I mean, alright...but a discount is still a discount, right? And depending on how many Coins he (or anyone) has, it could be far more than just 10% off.

Oh well whatever, lol. 

5 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Even turning it off, the screen looked weird. Kind of cloudy. 

You are one of the first people ive known who actually likes it. 

I bought my 3ds on launch day, and it took me about ten minutes to hate the screen. It was a bad effect that most people just didn't want.

Maybe it wouldn’t have been so bad if the 3DS’s screen wasn’t so criminally low-res. 

1 minute ago, GameDadGrant said:

I mean, alright...but a discount is still a discount, right? And depending on how many Coins he (or anyone) has, it could be far more than just 10% off.

Oh well whatever, lol. 

I mean, it’s still not even a discount on the game as it’s just a store wide thing that could be used for other stuff instead if Nintendo offered some kind of loyalty discount on the wiiu ports for those that actually supported them during those years. It’s like, rewards points you earn using a credit card don’t count as a discount either.

But I will agree with your general statement that a discount would, in fact, be a discount.

4 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Maybe it wouldn’t have been so bad if the 3DS’s screen wasn’t so criminally low-res. 

As I posted in another thread recently I played 3D Land on a 3D movie theater screen at 10x native resolution this weekend on my quest 2 and I can confirm it looks fantastic.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Oh well whatever, lol. 

Buy more overpriced games so you can afford this overpriced game!

You work for Nintendo?

14 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Oh wow that must’ve been crazy! I missed that post, but that sounds pretty cool.

It’s pretty damn cool and I’ll probably actually be playing 3DS games like that down the line. it’s such a cool system to emulate in VR. You get the 3D effect already designed so it’s not full vr but it is 3D and everything is perfect unlike trying to hack vr into old games.

And then I’m sure it’ll be possible at some point soonish to configure it so I can have the second screen separated completely as it’s own little tablet screen, using the hand tracking of the quest 2 to touch and interact with the bottom screen.

Thats when I’ll actually go back and play some of its library for reals, that shit will be rad and weirdly futuristic feeling.

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Buy more overpriced games so you can afford this overpriced game!

You work for Nintendo?

I wish! I think that would be pretty rad. :cool:

I know you're joking, but just to be clear: you earn Gold Coins for ANY purchase for the Switch. Doesn't matter if it's on the eShop or you bought a game at retail from someplace like Best Buy or whatever. I've nabbed some fairly recently-released games for a fraction of the price at places like GameStop and still got the full Gold Coin rebate through Nintendo's online service. 

I feel it's not a bad deal; I'm getting rewarded for buying things I would have bought anyway. I mean...am I wrong? Am I missing something? :confused: 

1 hour ago, stepee said:

It’s pretty damn cool and I’ll probably actually be playing 3DS games like that down the line. it’s such a cool system to emulate in VR. You get the 3D effect already designed so it’s not full vr but it is 3D and everything is perfect unlike trying to hack vr into old games.

And then I’m sure it’ll be possible at some point soonish to configure it so I can have the second screen separated completely as it’s own little tablet screen, using the hand tracking of the quest 2 to touch and interact with the bottom screen.

Thats when I’ll actually go back and play some of its library for reals, that shit will be rad and weirdly futuristic feeling.

That sounds insane! I wonder what a game like say, Kid Icarus Uprising would "feel" like in VR? Or an old classic like Starfox 64 3D