3D World Switch port + Bowser's Fury (new gameplay)

crispy4000

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

The question is will it justify paying $60 for again while you could just pick it up on the Wii-U for $20 right now. (If you buy digitally from Nintendo Eshop)

For new content, online multiplayer, and one less reason to ever touch the Wii U again - it's probably worth that for me. 

Man, I wish they would just release Bowser's Fury as a $10 (or $20 for the Nintendo tax) standalone product. 3D World is an awesome game, but I don't really want to spend $60 to play it again on the Switch. If Switch 2 has BC with Switch games, I'll probably get it years down the line when I'm in the mood to replay it.

On 1/13/2021 at 11:32 AM, ort said:

So they just released a bunch of old Mario games in a collection and charged us $60 for it and now we're getting another old Mario game and they are again charging $60 bucks for it?

They charged $60 for NSMBU too.

They literally had a perfect opportunity to do a New Super Mario All-Stars with all of the NSMB games, but I guess why do that when you can charge full price for one game. Instead they gave us emulated versions of half of the 3D games and called it 3D All-stars.

14 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Galaxy 2 not being included was criminal, but I don't think 3D World is considered a "3D open-esque Mario world" game like Super Mario 64, Sunshine, Galaxy 1, Galaxy 2, and Odyssey and that's why it wasn't included. 

3D World isn't that far off from the Galaxy games, especially Galaxy 2. I wouldn't call any of the Galaxy games open world sandbox, they're still very linear point A to point B with crazy obstacles in the way.

49 minutes ago, Bjomesphat said:

They literally had a perfect opportunity to do a New Super Mario All-Stars with all of the NSMB games, but I guess why do that when you can charge full price for one game. Instead they gave us emulated versions of half of the 3D games and called it 3D All-stars.

That was this years biggest disappointment to me. I was fully expecting a remake of at least 64, with more modern gameplay and remastered graphics all around. Instead we got crap I could have played better on original hardware.

1 hour ago, Bjomesphat said:

3D World isn't that far off from the Galaxy games, especially Galaxy 2. I wouldn't call any of the Galaxy games open world sandbox, they're still very linear point A to point B with crazy obstacles in the way.

I agree with you, but it is different enough not to include, for once I could see Nintendo's thinking but yeah, the word "3D World" is in it so maybe include it regardless. :p 

2 hours ago, Bjomesphat said:

True, but at least that also included NEW Super Luigi U as well. If Nintendo really wanted to be a dick about it, they could have charged us $60 for NSMBU and then the additional $20 for NSLU on top of that. And at least there were some new gameplay gimmicks, a new power up and a new character to play as. Still pretty greasy, but not as greasy as they could have been. 

It would have been awesome to get a NEW Super Mario Bros. All-Stars though. Would have MUCH preferred THAT. 

2 hours ago, stepee said:

Nintendo is weird because it’s annoying they are charging full price for these ports and are half-assing things like all stars but also you can give them the $60 still and have tons of fun cuz their stuff hella fun

But then they put out something new and its bangin'.

On 1/12/2021 at 12:35 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

The question is will it justify paying $60 for again while you could just pick it up on the Wii-U for $20 right now. (If you buy digitally from Nintendo Eshop)

It will for me, just in never having to take my WiiU out of its box ever again. Plus I do want this new content.