Kanye West is not running for president. UPDATE: He's reportedly dropping out. UPDATE: Looks like he's running

2 hours ago, CayceG said:

Absolutely not. Link that mess. I want to.

I gotta put it back up, sound cloud dumped them all. The basic gist was how the movie was seen as an almost cutesy revenge fantasy but was instead a damming indictment of white misogynist privilege front to back. 

I'll see about putting it back up when I get home. 

1 minute ago, Anathema- said:

I gotta put it back up, sound cloud dumped them all. The basic gist was how the movie was seen as an almost cutesy revenge fantasy but was instead a damming indictment of white misogynist privilege front to back. 

How people missed the point of that movie is beyond me... the guy literally says "I'm the bad guy?" as his wife and kid cower in fear. He was on his way to a murder/suicide and people STILL thought he was the good guy in the movie? The racist dude in the store even recognizes him as a kindred spirit. So many cues that he was not simply a "wronged man". Movie was waaay ahead of its time and would probably not be made today.

9 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

How the hell did people manage to misinterpret this movie? I saw it for the first time with German dubs when I was like 10 and even I fully understood he was an abusive, entitled monster.

5 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

First fuck up was not understanding "closing time" and it's just gone downhill from there

I recently saw someone happily tapping along in their car to Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve and I thought to myself that it can't get more oblivious than this.