~* Make America Great Depression Again -- Official Thread of Corona Virus infected markets *~

Jason

20 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/18/businesses-payroll-tax-397777

Lol as if anybody didn't see this coming businesses are like nah we ain't doing that shit

And I am hearing the UI might only last 2 or 3 weeks.

So he cut the benefit in half, took money from the disaster fund(because in the age of climate change who needs to worry about hurricanes?) and all that to delay for a few weeks what was always going to have to happen.

And of course his supporters will love him for "taking action" while Congress dawdled, ignoring the fact that Tea Party Meadows negotiating for Trump is what caused the talks to break down to begin with.

Man the media really fucked up their reporting of those EOs. I think sometimes people can be too hard on the media, but that shitshow was the exact negligence on their part that helped get him elected in 2016. 

21 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

And I am hearing the UI might only last 2 or 3 weeks.

So he cut the benefit in half, took money from the disaster fund(because in the age of climate change who needs to worry about hurricanes?) and all that to delay for a few weeks what was always going to have to happen.

And of course his supporters will love him for "taking action" while Congress dawdled, ignoring the fact that Tea Party Meadows negotiating for Trump is what caused the talks to break down to begin with.

Man the media really fucked up their reporting of those EOs. I think sometimes people can be too hard on the media, but that shitshow was the exact negligence on their part that helped get him elected in 2016. 

NPR was reporting the EOs as "EOs that are supposed to help with xyz" without ANY immediate follow-on of "but the EOs are actually ineffectual and most likely illegal". :facepalm:

5 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

"I didn't have time to fix this problem because Biden was trying to steal the White House from me. If we stopped having elections then I could work unimpeded."

I mean, shit, the current protests and economic issues are somehow “Biden’s America” despite Trump being president and the GOP controlling the Senate.

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

So, that “payroll tax holiday” BS starts today. Can’t wait for when people realize it’s a deferment and not waived and owe money in taxes next year instead of getting their tax refund

:dumpster_fire:

Is it automatic or do you have to opt in? Because I didn’t get any kind of notice from my employer. 

1 hour ago, marioandsonic said:

How do i know if my employer opted in?

1 hour ago, PaladinSolo said:

They would absolutely notify you, but theres like a 99.99% chance they didn't cause the headache next year would be stupid.

Also, your direct deposit suddenly being bigger with no other possible explanation would be a pretty obvious tell that they decided to opt in.