The 2019-20 Mock Gambling Thread - FINAL - A champion is crowned!

Slug

*FIREWORKS* *STROBE LIGHTS* *POLE DANCING* *LOUD NOISES*

It's been a long season, but we're finally at the finish line!  The games have all been played and we have a winner. Now that the dust has settled on the '19-20 NFL Season, let's tally up the final scores and see who will take home the 2nd D1P MGT title!

##### FINAL ROUND RESULTS #####

Feature Game: Super Bowl LIV - San Francisco 49'ers (+1.5) vs. Kansas City Chiefs
The Chiefs beat the Niners by a score of 31-21.5(20+1.5) to easily cover the points and win their first Super Bowl since 1969!

QUESTIONS
1) What will be the first scoring play of the Super Bowl? 49'ers touchdown, 49'ers field goal, 49'ers safety, Chiefs touchdown, Chiefs field goal, Chiefs safety, or other? ($15,000 for the correct call) 
Robbie Gould hits a 38 yarder to start the Super Bowl scoring with an early San Francisco field goal. Dodger and Slug were the only players to call this.

2) What will be the final scoring play of the Super Bowl? 49'ers touchdown, 49'ers field goal, 49'ers safety, Chiefs touchdown, Chiefs field goal, Chiefs safety, or other? ($15,000 for the correct call)
Williams takes advantage of a sick end-sealing block to take a 38 yard run to the house for a touchdown and the final nail in San Francisco's coffin to secure the Chiefs' first Super Bowl win in 50 years.

3) Which will be the highest scoring quarter of the Super Bowl? ($20,000 for the correct answer)
With 3 touchdowns, the 4th quarter more than doubled the scoring of any other single quarter.  Keyser_Soze and Slug were the only 2 players to get this one right.

4) Will the team leading at half-time go on to win? ($15,000 for the correct answer)
The teams were tied at the half. Soooooo...yes?  No?  This question is a wash.  +15k for everyone!

5) Will there be any missed kicks (FG or PAT) in the game? ($15,000 for the correct answer) 
Both kickers were perfect on the day.  "No" gets the cash.  thewhyteboar was the only player who got this one.

6) What will the combined score be at the end of each quarter?  Give us 4 scores, corresponding in order to the four quarters. You will win the Q6 cash for EACH correct answer. See my example answer below if you are confused. ($25,000 per correct score)
10, 20, 30, 51 - Slug hit two quarters correctly while Dodger and thewhyteboar nailed one each.

# FINAL LEADERBOARD STANDINGS #

@AbsolutSurgen - $493,000
@thewhyteboar - $336,850
@Biggie - $211,900
Slug - $148,000
@Dodger - $55,000
@Keyser_Soze - $50,000
@Greatoneshere - $19,000
@Jose - $13,100
@RedSoxFan9 - $12,800
@BasemntDweller2 - $10,000
@Alpha1Cowboy - $5,300
@SFLUFAN - $3,900
@johnny - $2,500
@Kal-El814 - $1,500

###############################

AbsolutSurgen is your '19-20 Mock Gambling Thread Champion!  The competition was close all season and remained anyone's game up until the final weeks of the post-season.  But through shrewd betting and some key wins on a big weekly questions, he managed to hold off the pack before hammering home a championship securing finisher in the Super Bowl!  Congratulations!  Wear the crown proudly and PM me to coordinate delivery of your prize!

########## CHAMPIONS ##########

2019 - BasemntDweller2
2020 - AbsolutSurgen

And with that, the 2019-2020 Mock Gambling Thread comes to a close. Thank you to all of the players for a great season.  I hope you had fun and that the competition enhanced your enjoyment of this sport we all love.  Rest your brains, enjoy the off-season, and I'll see you all in September for Season 3!

########## THE SEASON #########
Week 1 
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10
Week 11
Week 12
Week 13
Week 14
Week 15
Week 16
Week 17
Wild Card Weekend
Divisional Round
Championship Round
Pro-Bowl Bye Week & Fun Facts
Super Bowl

6 minutes ago, Slug said:

Haha.  I plan on watching the XFL games for sure, I'm just not running an MGT for it. This is my offseason. :P

The guy I worked with was asking about it and so I looked up all the "unique" rules and the players on the teams and such so I probably know more about it than I should. :doh: