The 2019-20 Mock Gambling Thread - WEEK 14 - Biggie takes the lead!

Slug

The tight race at the top of the leaderboard shifts again as Biggie pulls ahead of the crowd!  Not a lot of correct calls on our Thanksgiving Touchdown makers made Week 13's bet on the Feature Game a crucial one and with our deposed leader dropping the ball, Biggie was quick to snap up that top spot!  As a side note, the number of people who called McCaffery as the week's rushing leader is disappointing.  You should all be ashamed. *wags finger* :P

########## WEEK 13 RESULTS ##########

Feature Game: Chicago Bears (-3.5) at Detroit Lions
In a close contest, Chicago barely edges out the Lions by a score of 20.5(24-3.5)-20.  Bets on the Bears win.

QUESTIONS

1) What will be the first scoring play of the Feature Game? Bears TD, Bears FG, Bears safety, Lions TD, Lions FG, Lions safety, or other? ($2,000 for the correct call)
Trubisky hit Robinson from 10 yards out for the first score of the Feature Game.

2) Who will score the first touchdown in the Feature Game? ($2,000 for the correct player)
Allen Robinson. Did you even read the Question 1 answer?

3) Who will score the first touchdown in the Buffalo @ Dallas game? ($2,000 for the correct player)
Jason Witten pulled in a short pass from Prescott for the first touchdown in a losing effort to the Bills.

4) Who will score the first touchdown in the New Orleans @ Atlanta game? ($2,000 for the correct player)
Brees shovels a short one to Taysom Hill for the first TD of this one.

5) Call the winners:
Tennessee at Indianapolis
Tampa Bay at Jacksonville
Cleveland at Pittsburgh
($1,500 for EACH correct named game winner, $3,000 bonus if you call all 3 correctly)
Dodger was the only player to earn the bonus, calling all 3 games correctly.

6) Who will score the first touchdown in the Washington @ Carolina game? ($2,000 for the correct team player)
Another passing TD, Samuel gets a 4 yard grab for a score early in the game as the Panthers get off to a quick start before the Redskins came roaring back.

7) Who will score the first touchdown in the L.A. Rams @ Arizona game? ($2,000 for the correct player)
Higbee.  That's a fun name to say.  Higbee.

8) Name the player who will rush for the most yards AND the player that will have the most receiving yards in week thirteen. ($6,000 for each player named correctly, $12,000 bonus if both names are called)
Derrick Henry rumbled for 149 yards on the ground and Rob Woods hauled in a ridiculous 172 through the air to lead offensive players in Week 13. Nobody called either player.

######### LEADERBOARD #########

@Biggie - $48,650
@thewhyteboar - $46,150
@AbsolutSurgen - $44,100
@Keyser_Soze - $43,700
Slug - $38,700
@Jose - $37,700
@Dodger - $24,600
@BasemntDweller2 - $18,000
@RedSoxFan9 - $12,800
@Alpha1Cowboy - $5,300
@SFLUFAN - $3,900
@johnny - $2,500
@Greatoneshere - $2,100
@Kal-El814 - $1,500

As always, if you think I mathed wrong let me know.

########## THE SEASON #########
Week 1  <-- See here for full rules if you're interested in joining the competition!
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10
Week 11

Week 12

Week 13

###############################

WEEK 14 FEATURE GAME AND QUESTIONS FOLLOW THIS POST

• Thanks 1

WEEK 14 MOCK GAMBLING - SPREAD AND QUESTIONS 

DEADLINE FOR WEEK 13 ENTRIES - Thursday, 12/5/2019 20:19 EASTERN
THREAD WILL BE LOCKED AT THE DEADLINE SO GET YOUR ENTRIES IN!

Week 14 Feature Game
Seattle Seahawks (-1.5) at L.A. Rams
(Remember you are betting against the spread)

QUESTIONS

1) What will be the first scoring play of the Feature Game? Seahawks TD, Seahawks FG, Seahawks safety, Rams TD, Rams FG, Rams safety, or other? ($2,400 for the correct call)

2) Which team in the Feature Game will have the most combined receiving yards? ($2,000 for the correct team)

3) Pick a win for any team that is currently last place team in their division. ($2,500 for a correct pick)

4) Washington @ Green Bay - Does either team score 3 times unanswered? ($2,000 for the right guess)

5) Call the winners:
Dallas at Chicago
Carolina at Atlanta
San Francisco at New Orleans
($1,700 for EACH correct named game winner, $3,500 bonus if you call all 3 correctly)

6) Which team will score the most points on SUNDAY? ($3,000 for the right team)

7) Name the kicker that will successfluly make the most field goals (not PATS) in Week 14. ($2,000 for the right player)

8) Name the player who will rush for the most yards AND the player that will have the most receiving yards in week fourteen. ($7,000 for each player named correctly, $14,000 bonus if both names are called)

Good luck!

### Example Answer Post and MY ENTRY ###
Seahawks for $10,800
1. Seahawks TD
2. Seahawks
3. Dolphins
4. Yes
5. Bears, Panthers, Saints
6. Redskins
7. Hopkins
8. Guice, McLaurin
#####################

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Jose said:

@Slug I think you mathed wrong on me, but not positive because I don't know how spreads work lol. 

2 minutes ago, Slug said:

Hang tight I'll double check yours.  Stand-by.

Yup, I was off on yours somehow.  How the hell do I screw up the math on your entry 2 weeks in a row?  Updated OP with your correct total.

All right I'm going to have to go big this late to get back in, which scares me because I've whiffed on like 5 straight feature games. Fucking Bears covering on this non updated spread by one fucking point. 

FG Seattle $20,000

1. Seattle TD

2. Seattle

3. Arizona

4. Yes Green Bay

5. Dallas Carolina SF

6. Houston

7. Wil Lutz

8. Deandre Hopkins receiving, Chris Carson rushing

4 hours ago, Slug said:

Yup, I was off on yours somehow.  How the hell do I screw up the math on your entry 2 weeks in a row?  Updated OP with your correct total.

No worries man. Don't know how you have the patience to do this to begin with!

• Slug locked this topic
  • Slug unlocked and locked this topic