The 2019-20 Mock Gambling Thread - WEEK 13 - thewhyteboar doesn't need your thanks!

Slug

With a conservative bet on the Feature Game and doing very well in the Questions, thewhyteboar hangs on to his slim lead going into the Thanksgiving holiday week!  While the leaderboard seems to have stabilized in Week 12, a big jump brings one player back into contention going down the stretch (I see you, Jose)!  On to Week 13!

########## WEEK 12 RESULTS ##########

Feature Game - Baltimore Ravens (-3.5) at LA Rams
The Ravens absolutely steamrolled the hapless Rams by a score of 41.5(45-3.5)-6.  Bets on Bal'mr win.

QUESTIONS

1) What will be the first scoring play of the Feature Game? Ravens TD, Ravens FG, Ravens safety, Rams TD, Rams FG, Rams safety, or other? ($1,800 for the correct call)
A 6 yard connection from Jackson to Brown in the 1st quarter kicked off the scoring in this one (Ravens TD).

2) How many total combined touchdowns will be scored in the Feature Game? ($1,800 for the correct call)
Six touchdowns were scored in the Feature Game, all by the Ravens.

3) Which game in Week 12 will have the highest combined score? ($1,600 for the correct game)
Two games, Dolphins @ Browns and Panthers @ Saints, tie for the top combined score in Week 12 with 65 points scored in each.  A call for either of these games gets the cash. Slug and thewhyteboar were the only players to guess one of these games.

4) Which QB in Week 12 will have the highest number of pass attempts? ($2,000 for the right guess)
'ol Nicky Foles had the most passing attempts for the week, chucking 48 in a losing effort for the Jags. Nobody called Foles.

5) Call the winners:
Seattle at Philadelphia
Denver at Buffalo
Green Bay at San Francisco
($1,500 for EACH correct named game winner, $3,000 bonus if you call all 3 correctly)

There wasn't a lot of faith from our players this week in San Francisco, but BasemntDweller2, Jose, and thewhyteboar each called all 3 games correct to earn the bonus!

6) Taking into account TOTAL DISTANCE covered on the field, name the team that will have the single longest play of Week 12. ($1,800 for the right team)
The longest play in Week 12 goes to the Redskins and Steven Sims, who covered 114 yards of total distance on his way to a 91 yard kick-off return for a touchdown in Washington's 2nd win of the season. Slug was the only player to guess the Redskins because of course he did.

7) Name any RB that will average 5 or more yards per carry with at least 10 attempts. ($2,000 for any correct player)
Nick Chubb, Derrick Henry, Devin Singletary, Bo Scarbrough, Mark Ingram, Rashaad Penny, and Miles Sanders each average 5 yards or greater per rush, with at least 10 attempts this week. Keyser_Soze was the only player to call one of these names right, betting on Chubb to keep up his production.

8) Name the player who will rush for the most yards AND the player that will have the most receiving yards in week twelve. ($5,000 for each player named correctly, $10,000 bonus if both names are called)
Derrick Henry rushed for 159 yards to lead all runners and Chris Godwin pulled in 184 receiving yards to top the receivers in Week 12.  Nobody called either player. I can't read, apparently!  Jose called Godwin! This is why you check my math, people. :P

######### LEADERBOARD #########

@thewhyteboar - $46,650
@Biggie - $41,650
@Keyser_Soze - $37,600
@AbsolutSurgen - $35,100

@Jose - $22,700

Slug - $21,600
@Dodger - $19,100
@RedSoxFan9 - $12,800
@BasemntDweller2 - $7,500
@Alpha1Cowboy - $5,300
@SFLUFAN - $3,900
@johnny - $2,500
@Greatoneshere - $2,100
@Kal-El814 - $1,500

As always, if you think I mathed wrong let me know.

########## THE SEASON #########
Week 1  <-- See here for full rules if you're interested in joining the competition!
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10
Week 11

Week 12

###############################

WEEK 13 FEATURE GAME AND QUESTIONS FOLLOW THIS POST

• Thanks 1

WEEK 13 MOCK GAMBLING - SPREAD AND QUESTIONS 

DEADLINE FOR WEEK 13 ENTRIES - Thursday, 11/28/2019 12:29pm EASTERN
THREAD WILL BE LOCKED AT THE DEADLINE SO GET YOUR ENTRIES IN!
Note the early deadline due to Thanksgiving Day games!

Week 13 Feature Game
Chicago Bears (-3.5) at Detroit Lions
(Remember you are betting against the spread)

QUESTIONS - An MGT Thanksgiving tradition, with the exception of Questions 1, 5 and 8 which are always the same, this week we thank the players responsible for giving us the touchdowns we love to watch all season long (just remember, as always, it's the guy holding the ball in the end-zone)!

1) What will be the first scoring play of the Feature Game? Bears TD, Bears FG, Bears safety, Lions TD, Lions FG, Lions safety, or other? ($2,000 for the correct call)

2) Who will score the first touchdown in the Feature Game? ($2,000 for the correct player)

3) Who will score the first touchdown in the Buffalo @ Dallas game? ($2,000 for the correct player)

4) Who will score the first touchdown in the New Orleans @ Atlanta game? ($2,000 for the correct player)

5) Call the winners:
Tennessee at Indianapolis
Tampa Bay at Jacksonville
Cleveland at Pittsburgh
($1,500 for EACH correct named game winner, $3,000 bonus if you call all 3 correctly)

6) Who will score the first touchdown in the Washington @ Carolina game? ($2,000 for the correct team player)

7) Who will score the first touchdown in the L.A. Rams @ Arizona game? ($2,000 for the correct player)

8) Name the player who will rush for the most yards AND the player that will have the most receiving yards in week thirteen. ($6,000 for each player named correctly, $12,000 bonus if both names are called)

Good luck!

### Example Answer Post and MY ENTRY ###
Da Bears for $11,600
1. Bears TD
2. Robinson
3. Elliott
4. Hooper
5. Indy, Jags, Pittsburgh
6. McLaurin
7. Gurley
8. McCaffery, McLaurin
#####################

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

6) Carolina 

Are you sure you want a team for #6?

Arrrrgh.  Updated OP.  I'm not sure why I said correct "team" for that one.  I need more caffeine; not on my game today.  Please select a player for Question #6.

• Slug locked this topic
  • Slug unlocked this topic