The 2019-20 Mock Gambling Thread - WEEK 10 - Three-peat! Keyser_Soze maintains his lead!

Slug

For the first time this season we have a 3 time weekly leader in Keyser_Soze!  Several players gained big ground while others fell considerably. While Keyser was undoubtedly the King of October, what will happen as we roll into November?  Long live the King or is there a coup in the making?!

########## WEEK 9 RESULTS ##########

Feature Game: New England Patriots (-3.5) at Baltimore Ravens
The Patriots take their first L on the season by a score of 20-40.5(37+3.5) to Baltimore. Bets on the Ravens win.

QUESTIONS
1) What will be the first scoring play of the Feature Game? Patriots TD, Patriots FG, Patriots safety, Ravens TD, Ravens FG, Ravens safety, or other? ($1,200 for the correct call)
A Jackson keeper out of the shotgun was the first score in this one (Ravens TD). Nobody called this.

2) How many total turnovers will be seen in the Feature Game? ($1,200 for the correct call)
Baltimore put two balls on the ground while New England added a third plus an interception for 4 total turnovers.

3) Tennessee @ Carolina - Over or Under 42.5 points? ($1,000 for the correct guess)
50 combined points means the over wins this one.

4) So you had a bad day: Which team will lose by the largest margin in Week 9? ($1,400 for the correct number)
The Jaguars lost by 23 to the Texans for this week's biggest drubbing. Nobody picked Jacksonville.

5) Call the winners:
Houston at Jacksonville
Detroit at Oakland
Indianapolis at Pittsburgh
($1,000 for EACH correct named game winner, $1,800 bonus if you call all 3 correctly)
Several players called some combination of these.  Nobody called all 3 to earn the bonus.

6) Through eight weeks we still have two winless teams (MIA and CIN).  Does that change in Week 9? ($1,000 for the right answer)
The Dolphins finally get off the schneide against the hapless Jets, leaving the Bengals are the League's lone winless team.  Guesses of "Yes" get the money.

7) Holding the line: Which team gives up fewer sacks on Monday Night? ($1,000 for the right name)
Dallas allowed zero sacks while NY got pummeled for 5.  

8) Name the player who will rush for the most yards AND the player that will have the most receiving yards in week ten. ($3,000 for each player named correctly, $6,000 bonus if both names are called)
Carlos Hyde ran all over the Jags to the tune of 160 yards while Mike Evans abused Seattle's secondary for 180 in a losing effort.  Nobody called either player.

######### LEADERBOARD #########

@Keyser_Soze - $25,000
@Biggie - $19,850
@thewhyteboar - $19,850
@Dodger - $17,600
Slug - $15,000
@RedSoxFan9 - $14,600
@Jose - $11,300
@AbsolutSurgen - $8,600
@Alpha1Cowboy - $7,800
@SFLUFAN - $4,000
@BasemntDweller2 - $2,500
@johnny - $2,500
@Greatoneshere - $2,100
@Kal-El814 - $1,500

As always, if you think I mathed wrong let me know.

########## THE SEASON #########
Week 1  <-- See here for full rules if you're interested in joining the competition!
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8

Week 9
###############################

WEEK 10 FEATURE GAME AND QUESTIONS FOLLOW THIS POST

WEEK 10 MOCK GAMBLING - SPREAD AND QUESTIONS 

DEADLINE FOR WEEK 10 ENTRIES - Thursday, 11/7/2019 08:19pm EASTERN
THREAD WILL BE LOCKED AT THE DEADLINE SO GET YOUR ENTRIES IN!

Week 10 Feature Game
L.A. Chargers (-1.5) at Oakland Raiders
(Remember you are betting against the spread)

QUESTIONS
1) What will be the first scoring play of the Feature Game? Chargers TD, Chargers FG, Chargers safety, Raiders TD, Raiders FG, Raiders safety, or other? ($1,500 for the correct call)

2) Tiring out the defense: Which team in the Feature Game will have the greater time of posession? ($1,200 for the correct call)

3) Who will score the first touchdown on Monday Night? (As always by score we mean the person holding the ball in the end-zone - $1,500 for the correct guess)

4) Name the QB that gets sacked the most in Week 10. ($1,800 for the right name)

5) Call the winners:
Buffalo at Cleveland
NY Giants at NY Jets
Kansas City at Tennessee
($1,200 for EACH correct named game winner, $2,400 bonus if you call all 3 correctly)

6) How many touchdowns will be scored across the League this week on kick or punt returns? ($1,500 for the right number)

7) Nobody likes to see 'em, but they're still important.  Name the punter that will record the longest punt in Week 10. ($2,500 for the right name)

8) Name the player who will rush for the most yards AND the player that will have the most receiving yards in week ten. ($4,000 for each player named correctly, $8,000 bonus if both names are called)

Good luck!

### Example Answer Post and MY ENTRY ###
Oakland for $5,000
1. Chargers FG
2. Raiders
3. Sanders
4. Dalton
5. Bills, Jets, Titans
6. 2
7. Wile
8. McCaffery, Lockett
#####################

24 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

7) Tress Way (Redskins)

While I love your answer because Tress Way is the best punter in the NFL (I mean, he gets plenty of practice right?), the 'skins are on their Bye this week. 

7 minutes ago, Slug said:

While I love your answer because Tress Way is the best punter in the NFL (I mean, he gets plenty of practice right?), the 'skins are on their Bye this week. 

Since this one is a crap shoot, I picked the highest average (who also had lots of punts) -- that should give him a higher than average shot at getting that question.  Right?  Yeah...  As long as he is f'ing playing.  (Given the lack of news on punters, I can't even 100% confirm my next choice is actually not injured.)

Week 10 Feature Game
San Diego  $3000

QUESTIONS
1) What will be the first scoring play of the Feature Game? Chargers TD, Chargers FG, Chargers safety, Raiders TD, Raiders FG, Raiders safety, or other? ($1,500 for the correct call)

Chargers TD

2) Tiring out the defense: Which team in the Feature Game will have the greater time of posession? ($1,200 for the correct call)

Chargers

3) Who will score the first touchdown on Monday Night? (As always by score we mean the person holding the ball in the end-zone - $1,500 for the correct guess)

Tyler Lockett Seattle

4) Name the QB that gets sacked the most in Week 10. ($1,800 for the right name)

Mathew Stafford

5) Call the winners:
Buffalo at Cleveland
NY Giants at NY Jets
Kansas City at Tennessee
($1,200 for EACH correct named game winner, $2,400 bonus if you call all 3 correctly)

Cleveland

NY Giants

KC

6) How many touchdowns will be scored across the League this week on kick or punt returns? ($1,500 for the right number)

7) Nobody likes to see 'em, but they're still important.  Name the punter that will record the longest punt in Week 10. ($2,500 for the right name)

Brett Kern

8) Name the player who will rush for the most yards AND the player that will have the most receiving yards in week ten. ($4,000 for each player named correctly, $8,000 bonus if both names are called)

Dalvin Cook     Min      Michael Thomas NO

• Slug locked this topic
  • Slug unlocked and locked this topic