~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

13virus-briefing-blood-clots-johnson1-vi
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Injections of Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine came to a sudden halt across the United States after federal health agencies called for a pause following the emergence of a rare blood clotting. It will also be halted in the E.U.

Eurpoe is pausing the J&J vaccine too. These pauses shouldn't last too long though provide they don't find a causal link with blood clots in their investigations.

7 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:
13virus-briefing-blood-clots-johnson1-vi
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Injections of Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine came to a sudden halt across the United States after federal health agencies called for a pause following the emergence of a rare blood clotting. It will also be halted in the E.U.

Eurpoe is pausing the J&J vaccine too. These pauses shouldn't last too long though provide they don't find a causal link with blood clots in their investigations.

They’re going to find a causal link. Hopefully it’s back up in less than a week, though, and they haven’t caused a ton of new vaccine hesitancy as a result.

10 hours ago, SoberChef said:

Look, I am by NO means, a fan of the man, never have been. That said, what he has to say is absolutely valid & worth watching & thinking about.

So, “I don’t like the guy, but he’s saying what I want to hear”? Is that the jist?

1 hour ago, Joe said:

They’re going to find a causal link. Hopefully it’s back up in less than a week, though, and they haven’t caused a ton of new vaccine hesitancy as a result.

Maybe the will maybe they won't... buddy of mine told me last night that all six of the women who got blood clots were supposedly on fertility drugs as well so if that's true it may play a role in the blod clot issue. I haven't seen anything other than what he told me though and he's not the most reliable source of news to be honest. Another thing I found out last night was apparently there was a pause in the J&J trial during The Fall due to one of the participants developing clots. So who knows at this point... I think until they DO know, pausing using that vaccine was the right thing to do.

11 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Maybe the will maybe they won't... buddy of mine told me last night that all six of the women who got blood clots were supposedly on fertility drugs as well so if that's true it may play a role in the blod clot issue. I haven't seen anything other than what he told me though and he's not the most reliable source of news to be honest. Another thing I found out last night was apparently there was a pause in the J&J trial during The Fall due to one of the participants developing clots. So who knows at this point... I think until they DO know, pausing using that vaccine was the right thing to do.

The AZ vaccine causes the same types of clots and it’s also an adenovirus vaccine.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

The AZ vaccine causes the same types of clots and it’s also an adenovirus vaccine.

TBF, most vaccines are adenovirus and don’t cause blood clots. I believe J&J + AZ are using a “new” type of delivery method: anecdotally, it could be the cause. I dunno.

15 hours ago, Jason said:

LOL it's Russell Brand it's gonna be stupid even if I agree with the gist of what he's saying.

Russell Brand is actually pretty smart, and his stand-up specials are some of the best I've seen (they are actually performative, with a lot of themes running through them). I wasn't aware that people didn't like his stand up? He's super politically left as well, but one could probably assume that.

4 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

TBF, most vaccines are adenovirus and don’t cause blood clots. I believe J&J + AZ are using a “new” type of delivery method: anecdotally, it could be the cause. I dunno.

I think it was Riley that was saying maybe the other adenovirus vaccines actually do cause very rare clots too, but we have just never seen it previously? I dunno, I might have made it up lol.

33 minutes ago, Joe said:

I think it was Riley that was saying maybe the other adenovirus vaccines actually do cause very rare clots too, but we have just never seen it previously? I dunno, I might have made it up lol.

That's definitely not accurate, unless you're talking about the adenoviral vectors specifically being used by these specific vaccines.

45 minutes ago, Joe said:

I was just hypothesizing that it's possible that other adenoviral vaccines could cause something similar but we haven't noticed due to less-intense rollouts. But it's looking more like there is something unique about these ones (which would make sense as they are different than previous adenoviral vaccines).

Also, I had no idea that this was actually the first ever adenovirus vaccines approved in humans?! I feel lied to lol.

Compared with some of the newer, experimental technologies—such as Moderna’s mRNA vaccine, which was the first to enter human trials in the US—adenoviral vectors are touted as a more tried-and-true approach. J&J calls its adenoviral vector platform a “proven” technology. While adenoviral vectors have been tested in far more people than mRNA vaccines, the technology is used in only one commercial vaccine today: a rabies vaccine used to immunize wild animals. So far, no adenoviral vector vaccines have demonstrated they can prevent disease in humans

https://cen.acs.org/pharmaceuticals/vaccines/Adenoviral-vectors-new-COVID-19/98/i19

@Jason Why won't this auto-embed?