~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

Managed to squeeze in my first Pfizer shot this morning. I had been spending the last week at my mom's house helping her after she had hip surgery. I work for Walgreens and they announced a vaccine clinic at the corp campus for yesterday and today. Since my mom said she's in a decent place and can take care of herself this weekend I rushed to fit in an appointment.

• Like 2

Already seeing friends on Facebook calling for the lockdowns to end in Ontario saying it's not the people's fault, it's the government's (provincial and federal). and that now with a third lockdown things aren't improving anyway. I mean yeah Ford isn't handling it well, and our boarders should be closed, but ending the lockdown isn't going to help things.

26 minutes ago, Brick said:

Already seeing friends on Facebook calling for the lockdowns to end in Ontario saying it's not the people's fault, it's the government's (provincial and federal). and that now with a third lockdown things aren't improving anyway. I mean yeah Ford isn't handling it well, and our boarders should be closed, but ending the lockdown isn't going to help things.

So the same people claiming lockdowns don't work are definitely the same people ignoring the lockdowns, right? 

My older brother and his wife got their first Pfizer doses on Friday.

Now that nearly everyone in my immediate family is at least partially vaccinated, we're thinking about getting together for Mother's day or Memorial day.  Would be our first big family get-together in over a year.

☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️

Oh noes! Stay strong buddy!

16 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Just total lies from Ford, at this point:

Ontario has over a million doses just sitting in freezers, and the stockpile keeps growing each week. Health Canada also said today that provinces are free to use AstraZeneca for people below 55, the age limit is just a recommendation from NACI, not a regulation. Provinces can give whatever vaccines they want provided they've been procured by the federal government, as long as they get consent of the person receiving it.

Trudeau is sending aid to Ontario (at no cost), along with coordinating with other provinces to provide extra doctors, etc. Ford has apparently refused this help (because it's better for him to continue to use Trudeau as a boogey man than admit he is helping). There are rumours that The federal government may invoke the Emergencies Act to give them jurisdiction over provincial affairs in this matter, and then force Ontario to comply with federal orders.

• Like 1

Requiring that people always wear masks when they leave home, and especially in places with low levels of viral transmission, is overkill. As mentioned, the coronavirus disperses outside, posing little risk to people who are walking alone or even swiftly passing by strangers. In fact, almost all of the documented cases of outdoor transmission have involved long conversations, or face-to-face yelling. The risk calculation changes if you’re standing in a crowd: Some uneven evidence suggests that the Black Lives Matter protests last summer increased local infections. But that’s an easy carve-out. States can end blanket mandates and still recommend outdoor masking by anyone experiencing symptoms, or in crowds. (Extended conversations pose their own risk, but when people are vaccinated, the odds of viral transmission are probably somewhere between microscopic and nonexistent.)

So basically still necessary, people are already taking "outside" as "I don't need to take any other precautions at all", like distancing.