~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

I believe they were saying that the team doctors were going to the players houses to change out IV’s, and that it’s the Brazilian version that hit them. The Raptors are sucking now but a good portion of them are coming back after Covid and still feel like crap. 

There’s a greater call for the essential workers, no matter what age, to get the vaccine in Ontario. Ontario is seeing the highest use of ICU beds now and most are only in their 30’s and 40’s. Which they point too are people like store cashiers, fast food servers, janitorial staff and teachers. If Doug Ford listens and does open it up to them, I’m gonna find my last jobs essential worker form and try to get in. Although, I don’t think Doug Ford likes to listen to the experts until everything and everyone seems to be on fire and pleading for help. 

18 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

How'd you schedule yours? I've had no luck so far.

Truth be told, my sister booked it for me because I was at work at the time, but she used this site (endorsed by the CDC) to find an appointment. 

My appointment is with a Walgreens outside of Portland (in Gresham). I think getting a bit outside of the metropolitan area is helpful, especially if you can go for a place that's a bit more red. :p 

Had my Granny over for Easter lunch now that everybody was fully vaxxed. Was nice to do a completely normal family get together on a holiday.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

Had my Granny over for Easter lunch now that everybody was fully vaxxed. Was nice to do a completely normal family get together on a holiday.

I went to my parents for Easter (technically on Saturday), and so did my younger brother and grandparents.  My older brother and his family weren't there and Zoomed with us, but yeah, it was nice having a maskless get together with family members again.

While we still could see some sort of spike in cases, especially at the city level, even in NY where the more transmissible variants are taking hold the 7 day moving average is the same Sunday over Sunday. The vaccinations are winning.

I received my first does of Pfizer on Saturday. Yesterday my arm was pretty sore. Same feeling as my yearly flu shot, just more intense.

Today my sore arm is all but resolved, but my armpit is pretty swollen and tender. It sounds like a pretty common side effect, but a bit uncomfortable.

After my second dose on Thursday, Friday morning I had fever symptoms. Woke up with chills, and achy joints. I ended up staying in bed. In total I slept for about 15 hours. Other than feeling dehydrated I felt better than I have in a while. Friday night and Saturday night both I slept for 12 hours each. Come Monday morning, today, I feel pretty good. 

I also didn’t feel a need or desire for caffeine this morning. 

44 minutes ago, Nokra said:

I'm in line at the pharmacy to get my first dose of Moderna. :sun:

Once they brought me in, they told me I was actually getting Pfizer. Doesn't matter to me: put it in my veins!!! 

Dose 1 - done! 

10 minutes ago, Nokra said:

Still May 3rd. I asked the pharmacist and she confirmed that it was (at least) 21 days for Pfizer but they're just doing (at least) 28 days for everyone. 

What pharmacy? Saw something a couple of hours ago about Walgreens doing 28 days for both since it was easier to just do that than to code Pfizer and Moderna separately.

A good friend of mine is getting her first dose tomorrow.  My maternal grandparents are also getting their second doses on Thursday. I'm trying to think of who else I know personally that still needs one...

Also, it's been two weeks since my second dose, so I went back to the gym today.  My body aches all over right now (especially my legs, fucking squats), but in a good way lol.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

What pharmacy? Saw something a couple of hours ago about Walgreens doing 28 days for both since it was easier to just do that than to code Pfizer and Moderna separately.

It was a Walgreens, yeah. The pharmacist said that she was scheduled to give about 80 shots today just herself. While I was there she was the only one administering the shots. 

1 hour ago, Nokra said:

It was a Walgreens, yeah. The pharmacist said that she was scheduled to give about 80 shots today just herself. While I was there she was the only one administering the shots. 

What walgreens? I've been trying to schedule an appointment with no luck. I live about 2 blocks from the walgreens on W burnside, I've been contemplating rolling in there at 5pm every day and being like "ay y'all got any vaccines left?"

5 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

What walgreens? I've been trying to schedule an appointment with no luck. I live about 2 blocks from the walgreens on W burnside, I've been contemplating rolling in there at 5pm every day and being like "ay y'all got any vaccines left?"

I went to a Walgreens a tiny bit outside of Portland, the one over in Gresham on Powell Blvd. My sister actually is the one who found and made the appointment for me; I gave her my insurance info and she of course knows my birthday :p  so she was just looking while I was at work (she's working from home). She might have just gotten lucky in finding this appointment, but she said there were still lots of slots available when she looked. She just booked this for me on Friday. She first tried looking in Portland itself but wasn't having any luck and then moved a bit outside the city.

Also, that's really funny, I live over on east Burnside, near the Portland Rock Gym, so we're about 2 miles from each other. :lol:

@Fizzzzle if you can travel a bit, use this site: 

background-1-2x.jpg
VACCINEFINDER.ORG

VaccineFinder helps you find clinics, pharmacies, and other locations that offer COVID-19 vaccines in the United States. In some states, information may be limited while more providers and pharmacies update locations in the coming weeks. COVID-19 vaccine availability is limited, and appointments are required at most locations.

Putting in my zipcode, I'm still finding a lot of available appointments. 

4 minutes ago, Nokra said:

I went to a Walgreens a tiny bit outside of Portland, the one over in Gresham on Powell Blvd. My sister actually is the one who found and made the appointment for me; I gave her my insurance info and she of course knows my birthday :p  so she was just looking while I was at work (she's working from home). She might have just gotten lucky in finding this appointment, but she said there were still lots of slots available when she looked. She just booked this for me on Friday. She first tried looking in Portland itself but wasn't having any luck and then moved a bit outside the city.

Also, that's really funny, I live over on east Burnside, near the Portland Rock Gym, so we're about 2 miles from each other. :lol:

I used to live by the cemetery on 28th and stark, it would have been even closer

Pubs, shops, gyms and hairdressers opening up in a week in the UK. Governmental advice is the UK will be back to a semblance of normality by June. I’m glad as it would be great to see my family which I haven’t since Christmas 2019 - but it all feels premature and will result in another peak during the summer. 

10 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

My best friend’s sister and her husband both got covid this week. They’ve been vaccinated since early March.

Well, it's not perfect. 

Keep us updated on how they do. I've heard that the vaccination should keep anyone that does get it from getting a severe form of the illness.