~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

4 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

That just makes you an opportunist! :p

TBH, I’m losing a ton of revenue doing the graduations instead of just playing movies. We would sell around $15k in tickets tomorrow night and Sunday night, and these schools are paying $3k to rent the place.

But they paid us when we had zero revenue coming in and helped keep the bills paid, so it was well worth the fact that now we’d be better off doing something else.

My responses have (hopefully) obviously been facetious, but I do think the word hero is thrown around in the US far too often. I mean, I wouldn't even say that firefighters are heroic as a whole (individuals may vary). I am joking, but there are probably like 17 living heroes in the continental US, and 18.5 million proclaimed heroes.

One final viral infusion: Trump’s move to block travel from Europe triggered chaos and a surge of passengers from the outbreak’s center

Remember the pictures of mob scenes at the airports of Americans racing to get home to keep from being stranded in Europe for a month or more because Trump's unclear-as-usual messaging made everyone think that's what the European travel ban meant? Go figure, that just made a bunch of sick people rush home.

My dad invited me to a picnic with him today. 

The preacher's wife at my mom's church is posting the news story about Trump "declaring" churches as "essential" and calling for them to open doors. 

Numbers look good in Nashville for relaxing some of the restrictions, but it just doesn't feel good going into a long holiday weekend. 

And I'm really not feeling like going to Lowes to buy a new dishwasher this afternoon. Recirculated air is not really where I want to be with other randos. 

Some of my friends took a road trip to Arizona. I didn’t go because I didn’t want to in the first place, but with the pandemic it’s even easier to say no. 

they’re posting pics at different places and practically nobody is wearing a mask besides people who work at these places. 

we’re supposed to be having a party June 6th (about 10 of us) and I don’t even really feel that comfortable going to it. Maybe I’m being crazy? 

1 hour ago, CayceG said:

My dad invited me to a picnic with him today. 

The preacher's wife at my mom's church is posting the news story about Trump "declaring" churches as "essential" and calling for them to open doors. 

Numbers look good in Nashville for relaxing some of the restrictions, but it just doesn't feel good going into a long holiday weekend. 

And I'm really not feeling like going to Lowes to buy a new dishwasher this afternoon. Recirculated air is not really where I want to be with other randos. 

My girlfriend really wants to go to a socially distanced hangout in a park tomorrow and I'm not convinced it's a good idea. I know outside is a lot safer but you have a lot of people ignoring the order to wear masks while outside and my experience so far is that you plop yourself down on some grass while the area is empty and next thing you know you're getting swarmed by people who pass by too close, sit down too close to you, etc. And again, many of them not wearing masks. So it doesn't really matter how responsible your group is being because plenty of other groups just don't give a shit.

And I'm especially concerned that this weekend is going to be particularly bad because it's the first long weekend since the lockdown started and the weather is nice, so I can see a lot of people saying fuck it with being careful this weekend.

20 minutes ago, johnny said:

Some of my friends took a road trip to Arizona. I didn’t go because I didn’t want to in the first place, but with the pandemic it’s even easier to say no. 

they’re posting pics at different places and practically nobody is wearing a mask besides people who work at these places. 

we’re supposed to be having a party June 6th (about 10 of us) and I don’t even really feel that comfortable going to it. Maybe I’m being crazy? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.azcentral.com/amp/5249389002

Personally, I would feel the same way you're feeling and would get together with this group 14 days after they got back from Arizona. Arizona's covid hospitalizations and death numbers appears to be steadily increasing (even after taking into account the lag in reporting the deaths).