~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

Does any data exist to explain if those who are vaccinated are susceptible to long hauler complications.  I get we're not going to end up in the hospital, but I don't want to be breathing unfiltered air if my ditching the mask could result in me becoming a long hauler.

I find it frustrating the CDC could make such announcement without answering all questions.

12 minutes ago, vaxick said:

Does any data exist to explain if those who are vaccinated are susceptible to long hauler complications.  I get we're not going to end up in the hospital, but I don't want to be breathing unfiltered air if my ditching the mask could result in me becoming a long hauler.

I find it frustrating the CDC could make such announcement without answering all questions.

Long Covid is most likely an immune system response issue as opposed to a direct result of the disease, so priming your immune system via vaccination should lead to less incidents of long Covid for those with breakthrough infections

A few assumptions here (that we will not level off at the same point as Israel, for example), but it looks like Canada will take the lead in single-dose vaccinations for OECD countries in the next few weeks, and we'll see how well that strategy works (in terms of lowering case counts and hospitalization counts):

3 hours ago, Jason said:

So I actually did. 

Reveal hidden contents

There was of course the one jackass who kept having his mask below his nose every time I looked over. Thankfully when I got the flight attendant to say something to him it stopped being a problem. I've also taken some advice I saw a while back and kept the overheard air nozzle pointed at me the entire flight. 

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

There was of course the one jackass who kept having his mask below his nose every time I looked over. Thankfully when I got the flight attendant to say something to him it stopped being a problem. I've also taken some advice I saw a while back and kept the overheard air nozzle pointed at me the entire flight. 

You’re such a Karen.

• Haha 1

AdobeStock_122932784-1024x576.jpeg
WWW.STATNEWS.COM

Early reports suggested that SARS-CoV-2 aggressively causes myocarditis, or "Covid heart." The real verdict is in: It doesn't.

Will be interesting to see where this all shakes out, but the data is beginning to look more and more like the scary negative effects we were worried about with Covid last spring aren’t particularly prevalent amongst recovered people. 

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

Better to be a Karen than :SARS-CoV-2:

I mean you’re on the plane already with people constantly lowering their masks to eat, you’re fully vaccinated, and what are the odds that this particular dude has COVID right now? I would have probably been thinking “this fucking chin-masked piece of shit” for a couple minutes though lol.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

I mean you’re on the plane already with people constantly lowering their masks to eat, you’re fully vaccinated, and what are the odds that this particular dude has COVID right now? I would have probably been thinking “this fucking chin-masked piece of shit” for a couple minutes though lol.

Since the air in the cabin is turned over every few minutes I agree that going unmasked for a few minutes to eat isn't a big deal; like I said I ate something too. But I think this guy was going to spend the entire 5 hour flight like that if nobody had said anything and he was two seats directly to my right. 

I did also try to hold off on saying something but I eventually got to the point where I was going to be squirming the entire flight if I hadn't said something. I didn't run and tell on him the first moment I saw it. 

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

So far, my only side effect seems to be just a little bit of fatigue :twothumbsup:

Sounds like you lucked out.  It was about 12 hours after my second dose of Moderna that I began to feel like I was coming down with the flu.  Pretty miserable following day.  Fatigue lingered with me for a few days.  I'm happy to go through it all over again if we need a booster shot.

5 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

So far, my only side effect seems to be just a little bit of fatigue :twothumbsup:

It's weird. I'm experiencing the opposite symptoms. (I asked a friend and they said fatigue too) but generally I've been getting less than 5 hours of sleep after taking the shot. I'll wake up and be wide awake. Before the shot I'd get around 7-8 hours.

42 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It's weird. I'm experiencing the opposite symptoms. (I asked a friend and they said fatigue too) but generally I've been getting less than 5 hours of sleep after taking the shot. I'll wake up and be wide awake. Before the shot I'd get around 7-8 hours.

The good news about the nanochips being 5G receivers is they can transmit OTA updates for bugs like that. 

• Sad 1

Every major event in Toronto has been cancelled between now and Labour Day.

The City of Toronto, meanwhile, has been in lockdown since last November. 

Here's the list of cancelled events released by the city:

Taste of the Middle East

Taste of Lawrence

Honda Indy

Toronto Outdoor Art Fair

Afrofest

Salsa in Toronto

49th Annual Festival of India

Bloor West StreetFest

Beaches Jazz Festival

Oss Fest

Caribbean Junior Carnival

Scarborough Ribfest

Caribbean Carnival, King and Queen Competition, Pan Alive and Grand Parade

Taste of the Danforth

Vegandale Food Drink Festival

Bollywood Film Fair

Waterfront Night Market

Canadian National Exhibition

Mabuhay Philippines Festival

Toronto Chinatown Festival

Labour Day Parade

So much for, "we'll all be back to normal by Canada Day".

15 hours ago, vaxick said:

Sounds like you lucked out.  It was about 12 hours after my second dose of Moderna that I began to feel like I was coming down with the flu.  Pretty miserable following day.  Fatigue lingered with me for a few days.  I'm happy to go through it all over again if we need a booster shot.

I'm getting the Moderna shots and this has me paranoid. I really hope my side effects aren't like that. :s

12 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'm getting the Moderna shots and this has me paranoid. I really hope my side effects aren't like that. :s

Some people feel lousy for a few days, other people feel no symptoms at all.  IMHO, a few days of feeling lousy is well worth the health benefits of being vaccinated.

1 hour ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Last weekend, how did you celebrate birthing person day?

Made the wife a carrot cake from scratch cause it's what the pregnancy cravings have been demanding.

The cake was *chefs kiss* so good

Recipe:

carrot-cake-with-cream-cheese-frosting.j
SALLYSBAKINGADDICTION.COM

Here is my favorite carrot cake recipe. It's simple, sweet, moist, flavorful, and topped with cream cheese frosting!

• Shocked 1